Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe and Scott's relationship, out of nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote from certain famous line in SG-1:

"Dude, that hot chick was so totally a gou'ald!'

Comment

Originally posted by sjleader View Post
      Lt James "I can and will kick your ass..."

Scott was banging her 2 days ago in the pantry at Icarus base...How could he possibly have had time to form a deep bond with chloe? It just makes no sense. If he just wanted to get it on, why not hit it with James again...
      You know, taking what Chloe said so literally could be part of the problem. Perhaps she didn't mean it. More likely, she was subconsciously influenced by the situation. Perhaps she grew up dating the people she was expected to and not the people she wanted to due to her status as a politician's daughter. There are plausible explanations no one wants to even consider or think about because doing so would open up possibilities that might refute their poorly thought out rants. Furthermore, "It's never happened to me so it's not possible" is a lame attempt to justify one's opinion as well.
      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by sjleader View Post
        Lt James "I can and will kick your ass..."

Scott was banging her 2 days ago in the pantry at Icarus base...How could he possibly have had time to form a deep bond with chloe? It just makes no sense. If he just wanted to get it on, why not hit it with James again...
        maybe not a deep bond, but it is clear and quite obvious to me that they formed some kind of attraction, attachment, and even a bond with one another. And that they were willing to develop it, but then this happened, the whole sun thing, and they decide to go there. No matter what it was their descision to do it, right then, and there.
        Besides all of us are different from one another, maybe they really did feel a bond, a connection, a spark.

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
        You know, taking what Chloe said so literally could be part of the problem. Perhaps she didn't mean it. More likely, she was subconsciously influenced by the situation. Perhaps she grew up dating the people she was expected to and not the people she wanted to due to her status as a politician's daughter. There are plausible explanations no one wants to even consider or think about because doing so would open up possibilities that might refute their poorly thought out rants. Furthermore, "It's never happened to me so it's not possible" is a lame attempt to justify one's opinion as well.

Though being a politicians daughter means that you are always on the fly, always on the go, away from everything and leading a very hectic life. Plus people will stay away from you:
        A. Because they are intimidated by you
        B. You are of the opposite party/ ideology...even percieved
        C. you are just a politician's daughter and theyare the scume of the Earth...so some people believe.
        As well as what you bring up. I doubt she has a lot of time to develop real and meaningful realationships with people, and it is obvious that she and Scott have sort of clicked...at least to this point.

Comment

More good points.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
            Chloe and Scott are ruining this show. I'm getting to know everyone else better, but these two just nauseate me.
            Couldn't have said it better myself. Chloe is just a completely worthless character in my opinion, and Scott is the Kirk/Riker of the show banging all of the female actors. Poor writing and completely unnecessary.

Comment

I've been a long-time fan of stargate but this show and specifically this relationship just pisses me off. I don't mind that they got together but there is absolutely no chemistry between the characters or setup. This is the same crap that made BSG so hard for me to watch and IMO destroyed its ratings. Pointless sex with no development.

The reason I hate it so much was because romantic relationships were so better done in previous series. Carter-O'Neill had a nice tension and setup throughout the series (even though never consummated). Rodney and Dr. Keller.

From nothing to "I love you" in 2 days is insanely unrealistic especially for characters that have little in common like scott and chloe.

As for the whole realism thing, it is not realistic for people to hook up that quick. I don't know what people have to say about my generation, the millenials. Millenials are pretty vapid and lazy but even they are not that promiscuous. People have sex after a few dates, yes, maybe even quicker with good chemistry, but hooking up that quickly is not love or anything approaching love and even millenials know this. That whole scene and the intimacy shown was unrealistic. If they hooked up, it would have been more realistic to have them awkwardly avoid each other afterwards rather than profess love.

At any rate, this was clearly a cheap ratings ploy and I care even less about this show and chloe and scott's character because of it.

Hopefully the show's writing improves to have actual development instead of this vapid, lets sex things up for ratings element. In the long run you will bleed off long-term fans just like shows with gratuitious sex like BSG did.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes5 View Post

From nothing to "I love you" in 2 days is insanely unrealistic especially for characters that have little in common like scott and chloe.

As for the whole realism thing, it is not realistic for people to hook up that quick. I don't know what people have to say about my generation, the millenials.
                I don't remember any "I wuv you's" being exchanged. My audio must've cut out during that scene.

It is realistic for people to hook up that quick if they've had a couple of moments in the last few days (Bonding moments that wouldn't have ever happened in a normal situation) and think they're going to die or something along the lines. Why shouldn't they be 'hooking up'?
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

For anyone who can't see why Scott and Chloe happened, you need to realise that the past couple of episodes for the most part, have shown Eli and Chloe together, you all just automatically assumed that was them getting closer, the reason for that was to set you up and then knock you down in this episode, as well as provide some comic relief in those previous episodes. TV is meant to inspire emotion, create feelings in you, good AND bad, your supposed to enjoy the ride, the ups and downs just like in life, as thats whats being depicted, life. No-one is perfect. They are the wrong people for the situation they are in, this has been said on more than one occassion, deal with it. I don't like every character but I just concentrate on the ones I like instead of moaning about the ones I don't.

So if you want to stop watching the show, you do that, thats one less person moaning about every little detail. Especially the ones complaining about certain characters.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                    It is realistic for people to hook up that quick if they've had a couple of moments in the last few days (Bonding moments that wouldn't have ever happened in a normal situation) and think they're going to die or something along the lines. Why shouldn't they be 'hooking up'?
                    My point is it would only be sex and not love or actual closeness as Chloe seems to indicate.

For anyone who can't see why Scott and Chloe happened, you need to realise that the past couple of episodes for the most part, have shown Eli and Chloe together, you all just automatically assumed that was them getting closer, the reason for that was to set you up and then knock you down in this episode, as well as provide some comic relief in those previous episodes.
                    I don't think the plot was indicating they would get together. People just assume they will because he is the male lead and she is the female lead.

TV is meant to inspire emotion, create feelings in you, good AND bad, your supposed to enjoy the ride, the ups and downs just like in life, as thats whats being depicted, life.
                    The problem with their relationship is that it creates nothing for the audience because there was actually no setup or development of their relationship. It makes you feel bad not through sympathy or involvement in the character but from an, "Ugh, this is just bad character development that came out of nowhere" towards the writers of the show. Maybe they are missing scenes or whatever, but their relationship was simply badly written.

So if you want to stop watching the show, you do that, thats one less person moaning about every little detail. Especially the ones complaining about certain characters.

I'll complain if I want to, you can't shut me up. I actually enjoyed the show its first 4 episodes and I really like most of the character's except Eli who is a sterotype for the characters to try and be the everyman for the audience to relate to.

This route is not conducive to the show's survival. I could care less that they hook up and I don't find scott or chloe's character to be bad at all with lots of room to grow but cheap deus ex machina's, random sex out of nowhere, and poor development kills shows. Despite what the shrinking fanbase of BSG thought, that is IMO why Battlestar Galactica's ratings started collapsing.

I also find it hilarious that for a show who is clearly trying to appeal to gamers and dorks through Eli's character, they put Eli in a position where he has to see the girl he has a crush on for for a hunky meathead. I'm sure this may be some setup where Eli ends up with her in the end, but this plot device is just so cliched and overused that they would be better off developing the characters in more interesting ways.

If Chloe's only existence on the show is to be a love interest then I hope she gets killed off quickly.

BSG got cancelled. Don't imitiate the worse elements of that show and expect it not to get similar results.

Comment

Originally posted by Azureus View Post
                      TV is meant to inspire emotion, create feelings in you, good AND bad, your supposed to enjoy the ride, the ups and downs just like in life, as thats whats being depicted, life.
                      That is just one possible aspect of TV, and this statement should not be made about TV in general. Yes, some people who are bored out of their minds want soap opera, but other people how have long days want to watch TV to wind down and/or escape from reality / real-life drama and stress. One thing I loved about SG-1 was that it did that for me, the wind-down / destressing, not so much with SGU, it's just soap-opera-ness for bored people who apparently don't have enough going on in their real lives that they need TV to simulate it for them.

Hopefully enough people will stop watching to send this show down the crapper and send a clear message to the producers that people won't just lap up whatever crap their making like mind-less sheep...oh wait, it's too late for that.

Comment

I felt the whole situation was rushed and a little messed. When Brian J Smith said the comment below I'm like no dude your smoking something what happened on the show is called hooking up. It's also douche move what Scott did to Eli considering Eli stuck his hand in the stargate for Scott.

Also, I don't think this was a "sex scene" or "hooking up". This was two people making love, maybe for the first and last time ever.

Comment

The hole Chloe and Scott thing was so pretictable, the second they had a talk about Chole's dad having died I knew staight away they would eventually get down to it ( But in the 5th episode!?). And the thing with Scott being relgious yet screwing everything with legs? Looks like another screw up on behalf of the writers. Also, the idea of Chole and Scott getting together is been scene soo many times before that it is bordering on a cliche. TBH I would have rather Eli get the girl and rub it into Scott's face.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                            The hole Chloe and Scott thing was so pretictable, the second they had a talk about Chole's dad having died I knew staight away they would eventually get down to it ( But in the 5th episode!?). And the thing with Scott being relgious yet screwing everything with legs? Looks like another screw up on behalf of the writers. Also, the idea of Chole and Scott getting together is been scene soo many times before that it is bordering on a cliche. TBH I would have rather Eli get the girl and rub it into Scott's face.
                            Isn't that also a cliche
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Isn't that also a cliche
                              Why, yes. Yes it is. What ever could that mean?
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                                Why, yes. Yes it is. What ever could that mean?
                                Do you really want the honest answer?
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X