Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe and Scott's relationship, out of nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks, let me remind you please

First of all, you will NOT call characters names. That's character bashing and against the rules.

You will NOT call Chloe a slut or whore, or Scott a man-whore or anything else you come up with.

Second, please remember that the topic is your feelings/thoughts/ideas about the relationship. It is NOT what you think others feel or why you think they feel that way or anything like that. You can only speak for yourself, and in the context of this thread, the topic is Chloe and Scott, not other fans.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*redacted*

Comment

The other thing that bugs me about the Scott/Chloe hookup is that Scott is the second in command. Between getting the lime on the desert planet, learning how to fly the shuttle, and running the ship when Young is on Earth he shouldn't have had time to get that close to Chloe. Yet, 3 or 4 days into this "emergency" Chloe is closer to him than anyone else she has known. IMO, that is just flat out unbelievable. A 10 minute shag to forget you are going to die would have been believable but what the writers showed us wasn't.

I love the plot of this show and I will most likely watch the rest of the season no matter what, but this show could be so much better than it has been. I hope it gets better soon.

Comment

I think Chloe's and Scott's "relationship" has been building.. Remember the conversation in the observation deck shortly after the Senator's sacrifice... Yes.. it's been building.

But also, I think Chloe is feeling lost right now. She lost her father (a strong male character), and doesn't have her mother to lean on. Right now, there are two men in her life that are "capable." Scott is a young, but obviously capable soldier. Eli is a young, but brilliant mathmatician. He seems to see beyond the box, and hence capable of solving problems. Both of these men serving as protectors for her.

As for Scott, I think her feelings are definitely boyfriend/girlfriend. Enhanced (accelerated may be a better word) by the loss of a strong male character in her life.

As for Eli, I think her feelings are more brother/sister.

Both of which I'm totally OK with. In fact, I think to a degree, at the end of Light, Eli was coming to that same emotional state.

OK.. Before people start snapping... "A woman doesn't need a strong male figure in her life ... " I am NOT saying that.. But it appears that Chloe, specifically, does to a degree, and hasn't come to grips with the loss of her father yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Corporal Obvious View Post
            Between getting the lime on the desert planet, learning how to fly the shuttle, and running the ship when Young is on Earth [Scott] shouldn't have had time to get that close to Chloe. Yet, 3 or 4 days into this "emergency" Chloe is closer to him than anyone else she has known.
            This is one of the things that I found a bit odd about it too. The music and filming of the scene played as if it was part of a relationship, not a last-minute hookup. But there really hasn't been time for that yet. Time to realise that you're attracted - well, just about, though it's been a pretty busy last couple of days, really... Time to form a bond closer than any before in your life? That's the kind of thing a 14-year-old might say. And an immature one, at that. Odd.

Comment

I can understand the two of them hooking up in a situation where they might die, it is perfectly understandable for two people who are physically attracted to each other to do in such a situation.

And lets face it, as far as Chloe is concerned Eli is just a really good friend, I doubt she even realizes how he feels toward her.

The problem I see with the scene is that while it is just supposed to be casual, the way it is shot and the music is like they were trying to convey deep emotion. And I think that is what feels wrong to most people; it’s the implication of deep emotion where there has been no preparation for such emotions.

Hopefully, the writers will not suddenly have them in some kind of relationship. I think someone somewhere mentions that the actor who plays Scott posted something about the scene in his blog.

So the way I am choosing to look at it is: The intent was for it to be a casual fling, but the production of it messed it up. The real test will be when/if the scene is brought up in a future episode or if the writers try to have them suddenly in a non-casual relationship.

So I guess I will wait until the next episode to see how things pan out, anyone seen the next episode yet?

@SupremeLegate
              Apogee Institute
              Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

I think part of the point is that currently Chloe isn't particularly mature when it comes to relationships.
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                  I think part of the point is that currently Chloe isn't particularly mature when it comes to relationships.
                  I think the writers have decided to have a couple in a RELATIONSHIP rather than the usual will they won't they that strings fans along for years. I personally don't find this pair very charismatic. Scott seemed to want her along as his first chosen Eve on the new planet and then took a rather pragmatic turn when she wasn't chosen.

There was a moment when I thought Chloe was going to give Eli a happy send off.

Mag

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
                    The problem I see with the scene is that while it is just supposed to be casual, the way it is shot and the music is like they were trying to convey deep emotion. And I think that is what feels wrong to most people; it’s the implication of deep emotion where there has been no preparation for such emotions.

Hopefully, the writers will not suddenly have them in some kind of relationship. I think someone somewhere mentions that the actor who plays Scott posted something about the scene in his blog.

So the way I am choosing to look at it is: The intent was for it to be a casual fling, but the production of it messed it up. The real test will be when/if the scene is brought up in a future episode or if the writers try to have them suddenly in a non-casual relationship.

So I guess I will wait until the next episode to see how things pan out, anyone seen the next episode yet?
                    This. I agree in absolutely everything you said. Perhaps the writers are planning something, but I have a sinking feeling that they'll simply have it be established from here on out and not address the strangeness/suddenness of it all. We'll see, and I'd love it if they did something I completely wasn't expecting
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

what kind of a young woman, sleeps with someone she's just known for less than a week?

IMO she's not that bright, weak minded, has little self control, and very low on the moral scale. Just not the kind of female lead I want to see in a series. Oh and how come she's not grieving her father????

Nothing about Chloe is remotely attractive (in personality). She's cute, but that's not enough to grant her so much air time.

Loved "Light" episode a lot, but the bed scene totally a waste of time. Give me more Rush/Eli/Riley please (too bad there isn't a strong likable female in the cast)
                      General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by missmobius View Post
                        what kind of a young woman, sleeps with someone she's just known for less than a week?
                        More then you would realize according to the data but their is also the arguement of how unrealastic surveys are
                        IMO she's not that bright, weak minded, has little self control, and very low on the moral scale. Just not the kind of female lead I want to see in a series. Oh and how come she's not grieving her father???
                        I think all that are effects because she is grieving for her father. Bear in mind everyone grieves differently and I think that grieving has lowered her proper judgement
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Well maybe, just maybe some scenes were lost in the cutting process. I figure they have gotten a little closer because of the Senator's sacrifice thingy...
                          But I have to admit - Scott is not a disparager of "food". ^^
                          Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Young ones who do not see sex as some kind of holy sacrament.

Just not the kind of female lead I want to see in a series.
                            She is what in her 20's? How many women in there 20s are "proper" role models?

@SupremeLegate
                            Apogee Institute
                            Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

This made me laugh out loud. Cheers for that.

(And totally agree.)

To be fair, I do know some, and they're awesome in the true sense of the word. It's not the sex part that makes me dislike the character, though.
                              you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Lots depends on how you were raised, religion and all that, as to how you view sex.

Let's see, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears *smacks self* Well, the really popular ones sure aren't, but they keep the tabloids in business.

Comment

Working...
                                X