Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe and Scott's relationship, out of nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This makes an odd sense to me....She needs to fill a void in her life and he needs to feel like he is protecting someone...it's reminds me of the Shannon/Siad relatiohsip in Lost
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Chloe is one character i cant stand.

Comment

*Jumping In*

I agree the scene was awkwardly done. Even just a little more build up the the scene would have been better, like showing how scared they were and how they turned to each other then......you know?

Slight topic shift, what do you think will happen when James finds out???
        sigpic

Comment

To be honest it doesnt make sense unless there was already a relationship that they are planning on revealing later.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post

Slight topic shift, what do you think will happen when James finds out???
            Chloe and James will follow Teal'c's advice and do battle in a ring of jello
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Chloe and James will follow Teal'c's advice and do battle in a ring of jello
              I wonder what the Ancient version of girls jelly wrestling is?? Probably some sort of slimy steam infused pod with one way windows....
              sigpic

Comment

TPTB are sending the message that casual sex is OK. This is really sad considering SGU is aimed at a younger demographic.
                ...and this comes from someone who watches Stargate. A show that's been going on for over 10 years...and God knows how many murders and killings per episode! So casual sex is NOT ok, but slavery and killings are. Now that's comedy.

The Chloe-Scott deal was supposed to be out of the blue. You gave them one scene in a previous episode which set the scene for *something*, but then nothing happens and you get the impression she's leading towards Eli and then BOOM, they're togheter and Eli is "dumped".

The scene was obviously being done to soak up some of that shock and disappointment of Eli. Not a bad idea at all.

<snip>
                Last edited by Skydiver; 27 October 2009, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  I wonder what the Ancient version of girls jelly wrestling is?? Probably some sort of slimy steam infused pod with one way windows....
                  If they input Chloe and James in the computer. Maybe they ship will bring them to the "mud planet".
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

It's funny how the main points of Lt. Bland's character development is getting a girl pregnant at 16, having a quickie in a storeroom with the other Lt. and now getting it on with the Senator's daughter 2 days after he carks it. If you think about it his frozen butt was probably still in the next room with the broken shuttle.

I hope they do something decent with his character, I swear I can't remember one memorable moment or line of dialogue from him, and he's not exactly coming across as a notable leader at all. You could probably have a random background airman replace him and not be able to tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathrin View Post
                      The sex scene was at the beginning of the episode before it was clear who get a place in the shuttle. Scott even was quite sure that he and Chloe will get a secure place from Young. Only after the sex and when Chloe spoke about how she doubt that she will be chosen from Young, Scott got any doubts, too. Of course there was still a chance in the lottery.

I think if it was just sex, I wouldn't find it so unrealistic. But they look at each other like they are already deeply in love. They have just met three day or so ago and for one of those days Scott was without her on the desert world. And for most of the rest of the time, Scott was working and Chloe was feeling sorry for her dad and herself, met her mother on earth, hang out with Eli and take a shower. And nevertheless Chloe says that she never felt so close to another human than she feels to Scott. They probably only exchange a few sentences between each other for the whole time before the sex scene. They were practically strangers, so I don't believe the "we are feeling so close to each other" crap.
                      While I agree with (almost) everyone that the scene shouldn't have been there, it actually was pretty realistic, albeit in a very wrong way.

What Scott did to her was absolutely unconscionable. The entire scene felt more like a rape (I hope that word is ok - if not mods feel free to edit it) scene than a sex scene. Chloe just lost her father the day before, was an emotional wreck, and he came in and took advantage of her in the worst possible way. She was in a state of mind that made her easy to manipulate, and not making clear-headed decisions. Had they just had a "fling" in the moment because they were going to die, that would have been OK. Instead he lied to her, let her think he cared about her, because there would likely be no long-term repercussions since she would likely be dead soon.

Scott obviously was lying to her about him being sure that she would get on the ship as well. His next line was likely supposed to be something such as "I'll make sure you get on" or some other such lie, if she didn't say she didn't want to be there.

What little respect I had for Scott up till now just went totally out the window. I really hope the character gets killed off before the end of the season.

Comment

The problem is not that they had sex because they thought they were going to die.

The problem IS that they sudden had a deep relationship and serious love for each other. As if they had been dating for years. It made no sense.

Comment

There's no way those 2 people would have sex in real life in similar situation. Scott and James scene made more sense in the realism department.
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by StarFighter View Post
                            The problem is not that they had sex because they thought they were going to die.

The problem IS that they sudden had a deep relationship and serious love for each other. As if they had been dating for years. It made no sense.
                            Hit the nail on the head.

Look at Scott and how fast he zips his trousers back on (in both situations)! He's seriously not seeing a deep relationship, he's definitely giving a "whoa... back off" when Chloe starts going all mushy...

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                              There's no way those 2 people would have sex in real life in similar situation. Scott and James scene made more sense in the realism department.
                              I was thinking the same thing. If I knew I was about to die I wouldn't be horny. I'd be a nervous wreck.

Comment

I don’t like the way things happened between these two. They spent the time in the first four eps setting up the possibility of a relationship and then just had them get together way too quick.

I don’t think it was just because they thought they were going to die. They had their bonding moments and we don’t know how long they spent together at the end of Air. It’s possible they spent hours talking, more than some people manage after knowing each other for longer. It does seem that they are neglecting to show how things are developing within the episodes. From this kino webisode http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/1714/index.html it seems Scott thinks of him and Chloe as having a relationship of some sorts but why not put this in the actual episodes.

And it looks as if the writers have completely forgotten about the scene in Air. Or maybe they just expect us to forget about Scott and James and not ask questions. I just hope that if they’re going to spend more time on this storyline in the season it improves.

Comment

Working...
                                X