Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe and Scott's relationship, out of nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    we are going to die so lets go out with a bang
    I think that pretty much describes their intentions if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
      TPTB are sending the message that casual sex is OK. This is really sad considering SGU is aimed at a younger demographic.
      Casual sex is OK. Besides, there's no message being sent, I'd say it's a pretty accurate portrayal of how two young people may react given the situation they're in, and realism is what they're aiming for here. Also, this may be aimed at a younger audience, but the audience is still an adult one, this is by no means a lesson in morality and there's no intention for any of these characters to be role models, far from it.

Comment

It was clearly the we are going to die scenario but I could have done with a little more transtion and explanation of why they were having sex.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          It was clearly the we are going to die scenario but I could have done with a little more transtion and explanation of why they were having sex.
          Cause they were about to die...its common among tv for two lovers at first sight to do this if they feel that they wont have another chance. Grant it they could have saved it for a later ep though.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Where do you guys live?

I work in Manhattan. Thursday night is the biggest night for the bar scene. Why? Because that's how people meet the person they'll be "dating" on Saturday.

In the age group that these characters are in, this happens all the time. "17 episodes" to build a relationship? You mean a year? That would mean when a real life person goes off to college, they don't get into a sexual relationship until they are a sophmore. Yeah, right.

TPTB are sending the message that casual sex is OK. This is really sad considering SGU is aimed at a younger demographic.
            It's aimed younger as in "under 50". Not "under 18". The characters are in the 20's. Not teenagers.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Every viewer knew they would survive for obvious reasons. So, while it may have been a "we are going to die" scenario for the characters, it surely wasn't for the viewers.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                *When on a collision course with a Star...
                Earth... Steaks...
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Every viewer knew they would survive for obvious reasons. So, while it may have been a "we are going to die" scenario for the characters, it surely wasn't for the viewers.
                  you sir have pointed out a major flaw that must be ignored or else.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                    It's aimed younger as in "under 50". Not "under 18". The characters are in the 20's. Not teenagers.
                    The demographic is 20 something males. That is the only reason TPTB wrote in a useless 20 something hawt young thing, and an oversexed 20 something male. I'm all for "good" sex but this scenario is downright BORING.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      Cause they were about to die...its common among tv for two lovers at first sight to do this if they feel that they wont have another chance. Grant it they could have saved it for a later ep though.
                      I believe I already said. Its obviously because they are going to die which is why I am not complaining about the earlyness. It could have been explained better why it was these two people
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                        The demographic is 20 something males. That is the only reason TPTB wrote in a useless 20 something hawt young thing, and an oversexed 20 something male. I'm all for "good" sex but this scenario is downright BORING.
                        Acutaully I believe its the 20-34 demographic. And 20 something females are just as prone to this scene as the males
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

So?

Comment

Bingo.... no lead in brings it very close to just gratuitous. Don't think the episode would have suffered a bit if the scene had been cut.

Comment

Originally posted by StarFighter View Post
                              The scene made no sense at all. Their deep relationship and love for each other came out of nowhere. That is just bad writing and I fear for the show if writing like this continues.
                              What are you talking about deep relationship and love? That was no where near what was in the episode.

Their young, their going to have sex. That's all it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                                This is not to bash either character and.....I bloody loved the ep!! Bloody great.

But....

Did I miss about 17 episodes of the build up between Chloe and Scott??D
                                Allow me to paraphrase their previous chemistry:

Chloe "I just lost my dad"
                                Scott "My parents died when I was...."
                                Chloe "Oh I'm so attached to you, I've never related to anyone so much in my life. Make love to me Randy!"

The heat was just emanating from my usually cool LCD screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X