Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
    I hope he outlives everyone else.
    I hope Rush has signed on for more than just one season, cause although Eli is a strong character, the show would not sustain itself without Rush in it.
    General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      They cant survive without Rush.
      i agree alot of people might want to kill rush but they know without him there chances of getting back home are slim along with there chances to survive, maybe in the future when eli grows up a little

Comment

I hope he doesn't die, but if someone kills him it will be 'crazy bald marine guy who's off his meds'.
        I can picture in my mind, a world without war, a world without hate.... and i can picture us attacking that world cause they'd never see it comming

Comment

Rush is 51% of the show, you kill Rush you kill the Show Btw there are only few people who know that Rush lied so if no1 spreads the word crew is ok for about a year
          The cake is a lie...

Comment

Originally posted by Arwis View Post
            Rush is 51% of the show, you kill Rush you kill the Show Btw there are only few people who know that Rush lied so if no1 spreads the word crew is ok for about a year
            Actually of those one was the botanist who was trying to grow crops and he spread the news to everyone else. Is no longer a big secret is over, period.
            The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              I think that Rush has always been out for himself. I think he's convinced himself that his interests are actually the crew's greater interests and has tried to convince others of this belief. However, there's what he believes is the greater good and the objective and actual greater good. There's been great differences between the two.

Now to be fair, there have been a number of times when his interests and the crew's interests have coincided. This was not one of those times. Lying to them for the sake of "greater productivity" is exactly the kind of thing I would expect from someone like him. Having someone else make the sacrifice while he reaps the benefit has already been a behavior he has shown before so portraying him as a coward was, in my opinion, nothing new to his character.
              I believe you are mis-interpreting his character a bit. He does believe in the greater good, but he's also a scientist and works on logic. Remember the second time SG-1 found the knowledge face-hugger? They argued about who would use it. Daniel said he would, then Jack told him he couldn't and used it himself.

It's logical to have someone else use it, as Rush knows the most about the ship. It's the same when they needed a sacrifice to seal off the leaking air in the shuttle. Logically, you sacrifice the person less useful to the group as a whole.

Cold, hard, cruel logic. Now, you can argue about the emotional implications and such; but I'm just showing you were he's coming from. Also, I assume he is going to end up using the chair eventually, if he can't get a volunteer.

Edit to add: I believe he also wants to understand the ship and all it's knowledge. With his wife gone, all he has is his work. And he may not be so quick to find a way home, because he may not be able to come back. So that's about the only thing I wouldn't trust him on.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                Actually of those one was the botanist who was trying to grow crops and he spread the news to everyone else. Is no longer a big secret is over, period.
                Maybe missed it because I forwarded many useless scenes.
                The cake is a lie...

Comment

He lied about this. What else did he lie about?

Comment

Originally posted by ARealArchaeologist View Post
                    They won't kill him, someone might get mad enough to mess him up a little, but then they would feel the wrath of the group who know they need him. I personally think Young should have kept the knowledge that Rush lied to himself, false moral is better then no moral.
                    So true, an Young may be even agrees with Rush. But Young got it in his head that he is running the show an so everything got to go through him. An Rush thinks he can runs things by manipulating people an proving himself to be correct on almost every issue they face. Only time will tell which of them will win the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                      Have you ever heard of typographical errors? Obviously not since you think that because I did not typed a K in Know instead typing now twice means I do not know English.
                      ...uh?
                      There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Rush defines douche since he believes in earnest, everyone exists to serve him. Look how he addressed Eli. Eli is not someone's mongrel pup.

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
                          Rush defines douche since he believes in earnest, everyone exists to serve him. Look how he addressed Eli. Eli is not someone's mongrel pup.
                          Arguably, you could say the same about Young. He needed something done so he just ordered TJ and Eli to do it (for different tasks).
                          If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                          Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Rush really put off the crew by putting up this ruse, but still he is the most knowledgeable person on board. Now Eli is starting to learn, but they still need him, so I doubt any one will kill him yet
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                              Arguably, you could say the same about Young. He needed something done so he just ordered TJ and Eli to do it (for different tasks).
                              He is sort of TJ's commanding officer still I think. As for Eli, a collision of interest is going to happen soon. Young is a bit manipulative in his own right.

I predict no one will kill rush. Until the land destiny on earth then someone will off him. It also seems Young isn't too interested in going back to earth now.

Comment

Guys, whoever tries to kill Rush he better succeed, because seriously, you dont want Rushed pissed ^^

And yeah they might try to rough up Rush, but oh boy i cant wait to see that.

Rush is a sociopath, dont mess with him.

On another note, Rush will not get killed, they didnt kill Baltar in BSG either.
                                In BSG Baltar was the reason they were in the situation, in SGU Rush is in the same position plot wise.

At some point they might off one of his sidekicks tho.
                                Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Working...
                                X