Who will kill Rush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
    At this point I just hope Rush will snap and throw the stones into the kawoosh of a gate. I've just about had enough of half of the episodes being half on earth. I just do not like the instant communication to Earth, and of all characters to go crazy and get rid of the stones, Rush is most likely to do it.
    If that happens they are doomed to die on that ship or at least never ever return to Earth. Or anyone they ever knew. Not even SGA suffered such a cruel fate...
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil Brax View Post
      Yeah,

I have to completely agree that Rush right now is such a major part of the show that killing him off would take something away from the show. It did however show an extreme character flaw in the fact that he was willing to sacrifice others to sit in the chair, but he was unwilling to do it himself. His motives were very selfish, but it doesn't take away from how much I enjoy watching the character.

- CB
      I figured he wouldn't be the one to sit in it. In the opener when he wanted to go through the list and find the least valuable person to close the leak, it shows a high level of self preservation. A great character though, he really makes the show interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        No one better kill Rush. He may be a major pain in the a**, but he is also one of the best characters on this show.
        Agreed.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Eli will kill him

Comment

I have a strong feeling he's going to die saving everyone....then ascend
            "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
              I have a strong feeling he's going to die saving everyone....then ascend
              nope IMO
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                nope IMO
                wull...poopy...IMO
                "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Rush is a great character. I'm a little sad that this epi shows him as really being a coward and just out for himself. Up until now I saw him as really a good guy, just no one trusted him and he didn't care because he was used to it, or something.
                  "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Originally posted by solar wind View Post
                    Rush is a great character. I'm a little sad that this epi shows him as really being a coward and just out for himself. Up until now I saw him as really a good guy, just no one trusted him and he didn't care because he was used to it, or something.
                    I think that Rush has always been out for himself. I think he's convinced himself that his interests are actually the crew's greater interests and has tried to convince others of this belief. However, there's what he believes is the greater good and the objective and actual greater good. There's been great differences between the two.

Now to be fair, there have been a number of times when his interests and the crew's interests have coincided. This was not one of those times. Lying to them for the sake of "greater productivity" is exactly the kind of thing I would expect from someone like him. Having someone else make the sacrifice while he reaps the benefit has already been a behavior he has shown before so portraying him as a coward was, in my opinion, nothing new to his character.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hmm, obviously Rush's focus at this time was all about the chair. When we found out he lied about the planet, right away I thought it had been a ploy of his to get everyone else so focused on it too that they would let/force some one to sit in the chair. That's what Rush really wanted. It doesn't make sense that Rush was simply trying to boost productivity.

Comment

Originally posted by solar wind View Post
                        Hmm, obviously Rush's focus at this time was all about the chair. When we found out he lied about the planet, right away I thought it had been a ploy of his to get everyone else so focused on it too that they would let/force some one to sit in the chair. That's what Rush really wanted. It doesn't make sense that Rush was simply trying to boost productivity.
                        The boost in productivity would have been an incidental "bonus" as a result of lying to everyone. In his mind, the two objectives would have been greater productivity and of course, getting to the chair--more specifically, getting someone else to sit in the chair while he runs tests.
                        sigpic

Comment

agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
                            Seconded on the English. The OP may not have English as their first language.

As for Rush, I think there are lots of people who want to kill him. Most everyone seems to realize that doing so would be silly.
                            the real question is...

How many people would Greer kill to keep Rush alive and get home.

Comment

I think Rush could die at the end of Season 1. It could be a one season deal they had with Robert with the intention of killing his character all along. I know he said he would be happy playing the character for many seasons but clearly he wouldnt tell people otherwise.

If however (as i hope) that isnt true I could see Wray getting killed (she's moved from a main character in the pilot to a guest star). Not sure about the other main characters, they've done a brilliant job of building them up and they all seem to play their part.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                                Common now we now know that with the way he has wronged everyone on the ship and what a yellow belly coward he is. Is only a matter of time before someone ices him. The question is whom? Who of the rest onboard destiny is the most likely to do it?
                                Even the IOA chick could end up doing it and we very well know why after this episode.
                                the bald headed marine bloke whos been forced to give up drugs

Comment

Working...
                                X