Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what happens if the earth military dies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
    I doubt they would even consider pursuing that avenue no matter how much those that hate the military and most specifically the U.S daydream off every second of their lives.
    Huh? What are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I don't understand the Maquis simlairity from Voyager. The two groups and how they affected the general practice of the ship are so different
      Yes, and the Maquis pretty much "assimilated" to Starfleet. The Maquis was also mostly Federation to begin with, just a little more desperate and less idealistic. I really dont see the LA ever "integrating" into, essentially, an American/Western Civ Earth philosophy or loyalty...they're a completely different society who sees Earth as their primary rival for galactic influence, I dont think I could ever trust them if I was Young.

Comment

So do people expect Young to still be in charge after all this then?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          Yes. Homeworld choices for who can lead are very limitied
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Homeworld might not have a say in the matter.

Comment

Its their base. Thier rules on who leads
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes

Yes. Homeworld choices for who can lead are very limitied
                and yes again

Homeworld might not have a say in the matter.
                this is the option I'm pulling for and I almost hope that it becomes an us on the Destiny versus Earth scenario because having an outer enemy might solidify them on the ship a bit more. In any case, they're what they've got to work with
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Its their base. Thier rules on who leads
                  It isn't theirs. They have no way of controlling who is in charge directly. If the people on board want someone else, there's nothing they can do about it.

Comment

It isn't theirs. They have no way of controlling who is in charge directly. If the people on board want someone else, there's nothing they can do about it.
                    Sure their is. Suddenly stone time gets reduced if they don't listen to their superiors
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Sure their is. Suddenly stone time gets reduced if they don't listen to their superiors
                      that's probably not a bad thing
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Given that their lives depend on their leader, somehow I don't think reduced stone time is going to do much.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
                          who would die that we know of? col young and lt james and that's pretty much it?

the others aren't in the room
                          Did anyone actually see James in that room at the end of the episode? I may have to go rewatch, but I don't think she was. (However, I could be wrong.)

Comment

Given that their lives depend on their leader, somehow I don't think reduced stone time is going to do much.
                            Its not a democracy. Its a military base. Who is best is not always who is in charge
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Its not a democracy. Its a military base. Who is best is not always who is in charge
                              It's not a military base. There are military there that have imposed an authoritarian regime on the rest of the crew, it doesn't have to be that way, especially if the rest of the military start losing faith in Young the way Scott seems to be.

Comment

It's not a military base. There are military there that have imposed an authoritarian regime on the rest of the crew, it doesn't have to be that way, especially if the rest of the military start losing faith in Young the way Scott seems to be.
                                Thats how a lot of military bases work. Civillian contractors work for the military and have to follow their orders
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X