No announcement yet.

Colonel Telford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad to see that Telford is back to his 'old self' so to speak. It was still a bit of an open question where his loyalties were up until he took no chances and shot Kiva on sight. Sure he could, I guess, still be compromised, but to me that scene really set him up as a guy that's on our side. It's nice to see a character like his actually develop, let's hope that continues into next season.

I think Young will still retain command, given all that's happened. Of course, as others have said here and in a number of threads, it will depend on how things shape up this October. If, somehow, TJ dies (I think that's unlikely) he might really go off the rails. Not saying he'd have a Gul Dukat moment, but it could be bad for him. In such a scenario Telford might become the only viable option, by default more than by choice. I certainly couldn't see putting Wray, or any of the others in charge. Still, what I Like about this cliffhanger is the sheer number of possibilities waiting to be played out. My fear is now, as it was when Scott, Chloe and Eli were missing, that they'll do a massive cop out and save -everyone-. I'm hoping SGU can do what Atlantis could not, and that is show that events have actual consequences. Well find out in October.

Comment

Originally posted by blueintegraboy View Post
      Riley is not a 2nd Lt. He's an airman.
      For some reasons I thought I saw Lieutenant pips on his shoulders.

I was sure there was another 2nd Lt. on board. I was mistaking him for someone else

I accept your correction.

And FWIW Riley is a Senior Airman.

Comment

Originally posted by RedXian View Post
        For some reasons I thought I saw Lieutenant pips on his shoulders.

I was sure there was another 2nd Lt. on board. I was mistaking him for someone else

I accept your correction.

And FWIW Riley is a Senior Airman.
        Riley is a Sgt. He said so in Darkness and many people have called him Sgt. Riley like Dr. Rush for example
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Riley is a Sgt. He said so in Darkness and many people have called him Sgt. Riley like Dr. Rush for example
          Acccording to Wikipedia on :

In today's Air Force, the term Sergeant refers to all Air Force NCOs up to Senior Master Sergeant (E-8)

It took me a while to work out why he was addressed as sergeant while wearing Senior Airman insignia. There actually is no straight Sergeant rank in the US Air Force.

Comment

Here's a question do you think Telford regrets his actions with Everett's wife Emily?

Comment

Acccording to Wikipedia on :

In today's Air Force, the term Sergeant refers to all Air Force NCOs up to Senior Master Sergeant (E-8)

It took me a while to work out why he was addressed as sergeant while wearing Senior Airman insignia. There actually is no straight Sergeant rank in the US Air Force.
              You used Wikipedia as your source? I have a hard time trusting that.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                You used Wikipedia as your source? I have a hard time trusting that.
                I used it just in case you were curious. There was supposed to be a link the the Sergeant wiki page.

But, if you don't trust that then fair enough.

Comment

I used it just in case you were curious. There was supposed to be a link the the Sergeant wiki page.

But, if you don't trust that then fair enough.
                  I don't trust a website anypne can edit especiially in SGU we have seen people addressed as airman
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    Here's a question do you think Telford regrets his actions with Everett's wife Emily?
                    I think there are a great deal of things Telford regrets at this point but it's got to be a hell of a thing when you've done them but aren't responsible. You've still done them though, and nothing changes that.
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Yeah but I mean come on the guy was brainwashed for crying out loud. Most people who are brainwashed and then find out they can do anything they can to redeem themselves and that's what Telford did. He's starting to redeem himself. I betcha at one point or another Colonel Young and Colonel Telford were very good friends and young knew that deep down the real David Telford he knew wouldn't do the damn arrgoant things brainwashed Telford did.

Comment

Lt.Col.JohnSheppard,

I have to say I think a more interesting choice by the writers would have been to make Telford's support of the LA genuine. If someone who Young respected and who O'Neill respected enough to command the 9th Chevron expidition could voluntarily turn perhaps Earth needed to take a harder look at the LA?
                        All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                          Lt.Col.JohnSheppard,

I have to say I think a more interesting choice by the writers would have been to make Telford's support of the LA genuine. If someone who Young respected and who O'Neill respected enough to command the 9th Chevron expidition could voluntarily turn perhaps Earth needed to take a harder look at the LA?
                          The Lucian Alliance started all this nonsense with Earth when vala (who was working for them at the time) tried to steal and sell the Prometheus. Then we retaliated (something about kassa) then they kill colonel Emerson and tired to hijack the odyssey and then we started running hit and run missions on their kassa shipments. So yeah they started this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            Yeah but I mean come on the guy was brainwashed for crying out loud. Most people who are brainwashed and then find out they can do anything they can to redeem themselves and that's what Telford did. He's starting to redeem himself. I betcha at one point or another Colonel Young and Colonel Telford were very good friends and young knew that deep down the real David Telford he knew wouldn't do the damn arrgoant things brainwashed Telford did.
                            I agree with you, and yes, Telford is definitely redeeming himself. That Young knew Telford enough to know it wasn't like him to do the things he's been doing is part of how we got to "he must be brainwashed" so I agree there too. But is Telford going to feel guilty about the things he's done? I think so. He's going to feel responsible for them anyway.
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I see parallels between Telford and Teal'c, so yes, I think he'll feel horribly guilty about his actions, but I wonder what direction the writers will take with his redemption. Teal'c got off pretty lightly, but will they let Telford move on as easily?
                              sigpic

Comment

Well they had Bra'tac to make sure he was telling the truth. with Telford it's going to be a whole another ball of wax.

Comment

Working...
                                X