No announcement yet.

Colonel Telford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Young gets killed and Telford takes over. He's a better leader IMO to lead the Destiny crew. Young doesn't have it. He seems too soft.

Comment

Originally posted by blueintegraboy View Post
      I hope Young gets killed and Telford takes over. He's a better leader IMO to lead the Destiny crew. Young doesn't have it. He seems too soft.
      I may be starting to like Telford, but in no way do I want him to replace Young. If Young were to die, I would be so upset.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Looking at the scene frame by frame Kiva had the first shot then Telford literally a second later shot his gun

Comment

I hope Young gets killed and Telford takes over. He's a better leader IMO to lead the Destiny crew.
          I don't think we've seen enough of the non-brainwashed Telford to make such an assumption.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
            I don't think we've seen enough of the non-brainwashed Telford to make such an assumption.
            I thought Telford would make a better leader when he was brainwashed.

Comment

I almost agree, however I think Telford will more likely die. I reckon I'd enjoy a dual command.

Comment

I wouldn't mind Telford assuming command while Young falls into a deep depression after loosing his baby and almost loosing TJ. Then Simeon/Robert Knepper can kill Telford early mid-season (he always play a bad guy anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Morganrone93 View Post
                  Whoever said Scott was first to take command if Young died, I dont like that thought.

Scott, cant make the hard decisions, in fact, he cant make any at all, Id vote for Telford or Greer, however.

Greer is a bit crazy, hes emergency solution would be to roast the problem with a flamethrower

Telford on the other hand, We dont know much about him when hes not brainwashed, except that he isnt afraid and he got mad senses, just the way he shot Kiva, amaziiingo!
                  Before Telford arrived I worked out that the chain of command on Destiny to be
                  Young > Scott > TJ > James > Riley

There is a huge gap in ranks between first and second command. From Colonel to 1st Lieutenant.

Both Scott & TJ are 1st Lieutenant but I believe that Scott has seniority. James & Riley are both 2nd Lieutenants (not sure who has seniority but I assume James does).

Greer is a Master Sergeant which is an NCO rank. NCO's don't get officer training, for that you need to be university-educated to be eligible (which Greer is not). Mind you, you can get a battlefield commission promotion to officer (its rare but does happen). Frankly, Greer is not a leader, he's a hell of a soldier but not a leader.

Comment

Funny how 1 episode can totally change Telfords character. I hated him two weeks ago. Good acting Lou!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I may be starting to like Telford, but in no way do I want him to replace Young. If Young were to die, I would be so upset.
                      Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                      I'd hate Young being replaced, especially if he was replaced by someone non-damaged in some way. We really don't know enough about Telford and what he would be like, unbrainwashed, although he has shown that he can work quite well with Young. I don't see that lasting though, as the feel of this show is not to have 'the right people' but to have people evolve into that. Replacing Young with some heroic dudley-do-right would be a colossal mistake, storywise
                      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I think it would be really interesting for Young to be replaced via the stones. Louis Ferreira would be playing an entirely different character.

Comment

Originally posted by RedXian View Post
                          Before Telford arrived I worked out that the chain of command on Destiny to be
                          Young > Scott > TJ > James > Riley

There is a huge gap in ranks between first and second command. From Colonel to 1st Lieutenant.

Both Scott & TJ are 1st Lieutenant but I believe that Scott has seniority. James & Riley are both 2nd Lieutenants (not sure who has seniority but I assume James does).

Greer is a Master Sergeant which is an NCO rank. NCO's don't get officer training, for that you need to be university-educated to be eligible (which Greer is not). Mind you, you can get a battlefield commission promotion to officer (its rare but does happen). Frankly, Greer is not a leader, he's a hell of a soldier but not a leader.
                          I think Riley is a Sergeant. And I'm fairly certain Greer is the Senior NCO, so the chain of command goes Young>Scott>TJ>James>Greer.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by RedXian View Post
                            James & Riley are both 2nd Lieutenants (not sure who has seniority but I assume James does).

Riley is not a 2nd Lt. He's an airman.

Comment

yes. he always did have the whole "freinemy" aura to him though, found it a bit odd.

Comment

I see Young and Telford Co-Commanding and being a damn good duo to give each other balance. That and they have a wide open slate to work with in that massive ship. As for using the stones to replace Young the crew wouldn't let that happen. Especially Greer and others would follow suit. We're going to see Young redeem himself next season in a big way. They have written the plot lines so that we think exactly what we are thinking concerning Young and it will come full circle. For all we know he had planned on these things happening and gave into Wray's negotiations for this reason. In the scene with Oneil we didn't get the luxury of seeing the entire conversation. That last part is a stretch but we have already seen once where he kept his weak first officer out of the loop once. It may also be a stretch to say that Greer is in on it and hinted that direction in the exchange between himself and Scott.

That's what I love about this show.. You JUST NEVER KNOW..

I will say this.. I was on board with Destiny being the culprit frying the guy in pt. 1. I'm actually kind of glad that the ship hasn't been revealed to have some sort of sentient thought yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X