Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great episode SGU is really picking up.
    sigpic
    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
    Metal gear fan

Comment

Hands up who saw the star trek reference coming i did from about a mile away, i'm not that surprised that tj is knocked up it would have been fairly obvious to anyone who watches the medical dramas ER greys anatomy and so on.

lol at greer making those 2 dig the latrine that's his best scene yet i didn't care much for greer until that scene nice to see the writers are giving him a sense of humour which is a million miles away from his initial character description which made him sound like the bad guy from the movie abyss

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        Well I just finished watching the ep, and it was okay. But this is the time I bow out gracefully from SGU There were two things I didn't want to happen above anything else. TJ to be pregnant and TJ/Young to have/had a romantic liaison past or present. So it looks like I struck out twice.

So I bid SGU farewell and wish everyone who still enjoys it all the best and hope it continues to live up to your expectations for a while to come
        How dare you!! This is an outrage!! *Gets on the first train to Clackmannan*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
          How dare you!! This is an outrage!! *Gets on the first train to Clackmannan*
          Well you get Karen in it and I might reconsider
          sigpic

Comment

Hello! I've just come back from holiday in Somerset, England today and have finally got to see this episode after recording it from Sky1. I'm probably the last Stargate fan in the world to see this episode but boy was it worth the wait. What a beautiful episode it was! I loved it! The acting was top-notch as always and the CGI sequences of the shuttles entering the planets atmosphere and flying across the landscape were incredible! Very simple CGI I'm sure but I was impressed!

The highlight for me...the beautiful and talented Alaina Huffman! My goodness what a performance. Everything she's going through mentally and emotionally is displayed so subtly in her eyes and smiles but comes across so clearly. I'm overjoyed that the writers have written Alaina's pregnancy into T.J.'s story and made Young the father! I think it's an incredibly brave decision, I applaud them for it, and I really look forward to seeing what affect having a child on-board Destiny will have on T.J. and Young's lives. As a supporter of a T.J. / Young relationship I sincerely hope that TPTB will handle the pregnancy in a far, far better way than Vala's in Stargate SG-1 or Teyla's in Stargate: Atlantis.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              Hello! I've just come back from holiday in Somerset, England today and have finally got to see this episode after recording it from Sky1. I'm probably the last Stargate fan in the world to see this episode but boy was it worth the wait. What a beautiful episode it was! I loved it! The acting was top-notch as always and the CGI sequences of the shuttles entering the planets atmosphere and flying across the landscape were incredible! Very simple CGI I'm sure but I was impressed!

The highlight for me...the beautiful and talented Alaina Huffman! My goodness what a performance. Everything she's going through mentally and emotionally is displayed so subtly in her eyes and smiles but comes across so clearly. I'm overjoyed that the writers have written Alaina's pregnancy into T.J.'s story and made Young the father! I think it's an incredibly brave decision, I applaud them for it, and I really look forward to seeing what affect having a child on-board Destiny will have on T.J. and Young's lives. As a supporter of a T.J. / Young relationship I sincerely hope that TPTB will handle the pregnancy in a far, far better way than Vala's in Stargate SG-1 or Teyla's in Stargate: Atlantis.
              Indeed! I sooo agree with you. I am very happy that the writers embraced her pregnancy and wrote it into TJ's storyline. As I am sure that it was much easier for AH to play her character as being pregnant rather than having to have her pregnancy concealed behind objects. And I'm sure that she must have enjoyed knowing that she would be able to translate her RL pregnancy into TJ. Absolutely applaude TPTB for allowing AH to be able to have TJ be pregnant in her storyline. I too hope that they will at least do TJ justice in writing her pregnancy. And that TPTB will give her a decent storyline with her pregnancy. I wasn't fond of how they wrote Claudia's pregnancy. I didn't mind most of Rachel's pregnancy till her last bit. And had no issues with Amanda's pregnancy as they just wrote her being elsewhere for the time as for her character it wouldn't have seemed right to have Sam pregnant.
              My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
              "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

This episode is still my favorite by far out of the series.

I can't really explain it... I just love the whole premise of this episode. It didn't need ANY action what so ever, just exploration and mystery.

Comment

Heather writes: “In my favorite episode “Faith” TJ goes to a river where there is a waterfall. Can you tell me the name of that waterfall?”

Answer: I don’t know whether the waterfall has an actual name, but I do know that it’s located in Widgeon Park, where the episode was shot. According to Carl, who produced the episode, the waterfall required a bit of a trek to get to – and Alaina, pregnant at the time, was a trooper throughout, making the hike there and back without a peep of protest. Also according to Carl, there are plenty of park rangers in the area who could probably point you in the right direction. Or recover your body if you wander off the trail and happen to encounter one of the many bears that frequent the area.
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

That was actually me that asked him that. As I am planning on going with my dad to check out the area when I am there in three weeks for GateCon. We will be there for almost two weeks. I will go to GateCon and then we will tour the area. And that was at the top of my list. As that episode is my favorite of the season. And absolutely adored Alaina in the episode. She was sooo brilliant in how she portrayed what TJ was going through.
                    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

adama falls.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Becky writes: “Hey Joe … has anyone asked you if we will be seeing the folks who were left back on that paradise planet again?”

Answer: Boy, wouldn’t that be weird?
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...pdate-mailbag/
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I love this episode, (I just saw it) and OMG, it was amazing. TJ pregnant O.O!!!!!! And many of them were right, what if that planet was there for them to stay? And they just let it go, but at the same time they were also right, what if those aliens who created the planet came back and kill them all?
                          I would really like to know what happened to those who stayed on the planet, it would be really cool to know.
                          sigpic
                          Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

This epsiode rocked. The story was interesting and the acting was fantastic. I was kind of hoping Chloe would stay behind (not my favourite character so far) but I was glad to see that some did. The whole idea of Faith and why did this planet get created makes for a very exciting plot and I hope this is revisited later in the show before it was canceled.
                            At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

Cool ep, loved the mystery of it. I figured some of the ladies would turn out pregnant sooner or later, after all I didn't expect them to pack pills or condoms, but I didn't expect it to be TJ but Chloe with Scott as the father.
                              sigpic

Comment

I vaguely remember watching this episode while channel surfing in the mornings (I'm guessing it was one of those marathons that Syfy was running.) and this was my first taste of SGU. From what I can remember I don't even remember if I liked it or if I hated it but I did watch it but I didn't stick around for other episodes nor did I bother to look up the show on the internet. I guess it was telling of it's fate. There was one thing that came to mind when first watching this episode and it was the show "Lost"; I know, I know but those huts, those people trying to live lives and some of the lighting is eerily similar and I couldn't stop thinking about that show as I was watching this one, in fact it's the only striking thing I can remember about this.

I really wanted this to be one of the good ones but alas I was disappointed from the offset, much of the episode seems to be an argument over whether the planet or Destiny is more suitable in the longrun and while that may seem to provide decent arguments, it's merely the usual "destiny vs. logistics", as in "We must stay on this planet, the aliens who built it will come back, it is our Destiny, it has everything" and "No, we must stay on Destiny, there's a chance we could get home and it's more reliable than having to wait for aliens who'll never come back." Worst part is, barely anybody discusses it; the point is driven by a one-off character who's only dialogue seems to be the praising of these aliens. I really expected there to be more of a thought based perspective, various ideas being exchanged from viewpoints that aren't really balanced on one side, making us question things that we're not supposed to question before, heck this entire show is based on the "unknown"; I mean what is the point of having a serious Stargate if you're just going to do the same things as regular Stargate?

The acting is surprisingly but expectedly poor, much of the planet seems to consist of secondary characters/one-offs and they do nothing to convince us in their ability to care for them, which is a shame since they're the most populated group here. (I blame that on their lack of exploration; while it does show life exists on the ship, they should of at least given them some personality or good backstory; in a show like this, every character should matter.) Chloe, Scott and TJ from my memory are one of the ones to explore the planet and surprisingly, Scott gains the most character growth here; it shows his sensible side, the side that isn't militaristic, the side that wants to support the people but can't help but to follow the military protocol. It was one of the few moments in the show where his character seemed invitable, warm, charming and most of all, interesting. I couldn't remember anything about Chloe and TJ... I disliked that pregnancy plot heavily; to me it seems forced, like it was an attempt to give a character something that people would be invested in. It would of been believable if it was introduced earlier but it just comes out of nowhere, and the way she proclaims "I'm pregnant" is the epitome of cliche. I'll admit it gives her some character but only a small amount.

I'll also admit that Faith has something that keeps you on the line with it's will they/won't they flip-flopping but I really wanted a main character to stay instead of finding the most dramatic and in-character way to keep them onboard. Do you know how much a main character leaving would shake up the show, for past years SGA usually had their teams intact, only with one leaving for logistic problems or personal reasons. If a character is kept off Destiny and stranded or chose to stay than just imagine what it could do the show, just imagine how it'd effect the characters but keeping all of your main characters and leaving the secondary just dilutes the potential that the show has. You're supposed to be fighting for survival, show it! Treat your characters as possibly disposable.

Other things, I somehow thought Eli and Wray were in a sudden love relationship; it's just the way they filmed it, the type of affection that they show, the dialogue... I even thought that Eli, Chloe and Wray would form a new love triangle, I somehow forgot Wray was a lesbian doing that time but somehow the relationship was more natural. Funny how the way things are filmed can alter the perception of what you see and I kind of liked the fact that the planet would get some focus later on in the season, thus showing that they're serious in making some moments matter to the continuity of the series. (the thought of living in a junkheap, with no food or trees, with every moment being your last; definitely something that drives some characters.)
                                Back from the grave.

Comment

Working...
                                X