Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep, just standing on one side of the puddle, wondering what will happen as you step through
    now there's an act of faith
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

First post woohoo!

So I have to say that this episode was great. No action to speak of which is great, personally I applaud shows that dont see a need to put as much action and special effects in every seen. For example, TNG had almost no action to speak of, but they used tension of the situation to replace the lack of action, also Heroes did this during the beginning, they never actually fought which added more to it when they did.

Now as for the planet, I think they lost a perfect opportunity to introduce a new character, an Alterran. Yeah I said it, you can have had an Alterran crash on the planet or something and he could have been in a cryogenic chamber, then you have someone who can shed a little light on everything. Im not saying you want a commander or scientist Alterran, that would defeat the purpose of the show. But if you get one who was a soldier, he can help out and say I know what this is and this is how it works etc. This would add another dimension to the show, 1. You can possibly move away from trying to find food and water all the time. 2 You get to define what the Alterrans were before they became the Ancients, something we have gotten only pieces of before.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyScars View Post
        First post woohoo!

So I have to say that this episode was great. No action to speak of which is great, personally I applaud shows that dont see a need to put as much action and special effects in every seen. For example, TNG had almost no action to speak of, but they used tension of the situation to replace the lack of action, also Heroes did this during the beginning, they never actually fought which added more to it when they did.

Now as for the planet, I think they lost a perfect opportunity to introduce a new character, an Alterran. Yeah I said it, you can have had an Alterran crash on the planet or something and he could have been in a cryogenic chamber, then you have someone who can shed a little light on everything. Im not saying you want a commander or scientist Alterran, that would defeat the purpose of the show. But if you get one who was a soldier, he can help out and say I know what this is and this is how it works etc. This would add another dimension to the show, 1. You can possibly move away from trying to find food and water all the time. 2 You get to define what the Alterrans were before they became the Ancients, something we have gotten only pieces of before.
        Please don't write my fan fic before I do.

Glad you liked the episode. It was lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
          Yes and when you think about it, that was one of the key things about the stargate premise in the first place - the mystery and wonder about what was beyond the gate!
          Agreed. I watched one episode of SG1 (the one where SG1 sees those invisible creatures on earth). It was the first episode I saw. I dismissed the show and didn't watch for almost a year. Looking back I saw that it was because I tried to watch the show from the middle. However the moment I saw the episode "Children of the Gods" I was hooked. The mystries of what lied beyond that blue puddle was like getting a Christmas present every time they stepped through the gate. All added to the element that it was a show based on "the here and now". They were travelling millions and even billions of miles across the galaxy here today and and not hundreds of years later as many of them like Startrek portray.
          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

I am Glad Children of the gods hooked another faithful SG viewer!

Comment

Sorry Ellie but my writing instincts sometimes get the better of me.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyscars View Post
                sorry ellie but my writing instincts sometimes get the better of me.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                  I liked the episode but I thought it lacked some explanations. I think that there is an Ancient watching the crew. Prob watching Icarus cuz they were curious how the Destiny is fairing and went through the gate with them. But my theory still doesn't really explain what the obelisk was for. I am really hoping that this is revisited in the future.
                  Wouldn't that be nice - though I have not seen the episode yet. LOL yet too.

Comment

Belouchi writes: “1. Will we ever encounter the race that built the star system and the obelisk in the future or is it meant to stay a mystery?”

1. It’s possible the Destiny crew will cross paths with these near-omnipotent beings again.

Eric.Stewart writes: “How can TJ know that some plants have medicinal properties?”

Answer: The same way people discovered the medicinal properties of plants prior to the creation of lab equipment – through trial and error testing.
                    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ag-blog-entry/
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      I am Glad Children of the gods hooked another faithful SG viewer!
                      Heck yeh. My dad had actually spent a good six months to a year trying to convince me to watch it. Finally I thought that I would give it a go. And have been hooked ever since

My only regret is not getting into the series sooner!
                      My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                      "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

1. "Can Rush be trusted?". Congratulations Camille, better late than never.

2. TJ preggers. Unusual but we'll see how it plays out.

3. Caine thinking the planet is a route back to Earth. Plausible but they'd already given the aliens a month to show themselves. How much longer are they meant to wait? As you guys have said - surviving winter would have been mission impossible.

4. Young is learning.

5. "We can't afford to lose people". Rush realises this 'after' he sacrificed someone to the chair. We'll see what happens here.

Pace has dropped a bit though.
                        Last edited by Matt G; 27 April 2010, 02:03 PM. Reason: Further comments
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Eric.Stewart writes: “so she tried the plant in a tea and realized it made her headache go away so she decided to give it to Wray! didn’t she get the warning not to ingest “crap” :? in the first trimester of a pregnancy!!”

Answer: There are many potential test subjects aboard Destiny. Also, for a time there, Tamara didn’t realize she was pregnant.
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...hotto-mailbag/
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Well I just finished watching the ep, and it was okay. But this is the time I bow out gracefully from SGU There were two things I didn't want to happen above anything else. TJ to be pregnant and TJ/Young to have/had a romantic liaison past or present. So it looks like I struck out twice.

So I bid SGU farewell and wish everyone who still enjoys it all the best and hope it continues to live up to your expectations for a while to come
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Well I just finished watching the ep, and it was okay. But this is the time I bow out gracefully from SGU There were two things I didn't want to happen above anything else. TJ to be pregnant and TJ/Young to have/had a romantic liaison past or present. So it looks like I struck out twice.

So I bid SGU farewell and wish everyone who still enjoys it all the best and hope it continues to live up to your expectations for a while to come
                              That's ok. Not every show is going to be for everyone. And SGU is no exception. Just because one may have loved the other two series (SG1&SGA), doesn't mean one is obligated to like SGU as well. Feel free to watch every now and again, and if you are truely not happy with it then that's ok. There are plenty of other Sci-Fi shows that you can watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

Fare thee well.

Comment

Working...
                                X