X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was nice to see the destiny crew stand up for itself
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

What was clearly shown here is that Rush has his own agenda, what he did was the right thing, I find it interesting that no one on the ship or back on earth trusts Rush. I know this is not part of the discussion but I think what they tried to do would have worked.

Have to admit Rush was cool in this episode, best character so far

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        well rush WAS right. the ship couldn't handle the powerdraining. he just ensured it wouldnt explode and got them off the ship.

as rush said, now that we know what the plan was, and now that they got the data, they can try dialling later. except then, they can repair the ship and do it properly
        I like Rush, but it's not clear that it would have failed. From a scientific standpoint, it could have had odds like: 70% chance to fail, 30% chance to work.

It could have worked, or it could have failed and blown up the ship. In his favor, we saw the shields being affected. But we have reason to believe Rush may not want to go home, because he doesn't think he'll be allowed back, or removed by the next group to come. And even if another group can't come, he can't survive alone on the ship. Well, maybe for awhile if they leave all the supplies, but it wouldn't last, and it would be risky.

Comment

Originally posted by andr3w_iii View Post
          What was clearly shown here is that Rush has his own agenda, what he did was the right thing, I find it interesting that no one on the ship or back on earth trusts Rush. I know this is not part of the discussion but I think what they tried to do would have worked.

Have to admit Rush was cool in this episode, best character so far
          We know the IOA does not trust Rush, then again they do not trust anyone which does not follow there orders 100% of the time no matter what the results of those orders are. Rush more than likely disobeyed a few of there orders in the past.

But there is evidence that O'neil trust Rush to some degree. At least to put him in charge of the destiny for a while an to let him come along to recruit Eli.

There probably something bigger going on here between the IOA, O'Neil and Rush.
          One thing I love is how Rush acts like he is in command.
          Last edited by knowles2; 07 November 2009, 10:19 AM.

Comment

From what I'm remembering while it's still fresh. Just finished watching this an about an hour ago. Rush put "limitations and safe-guards" in place and added the alarms and light's flickering for theatrics. He didn't outright sabotage in my eyes, but he made sure it wouldn't get to the point of blowing the ship up. He himself stated that the shields were failing was not a setup and some of what we saw was a problem. Whether it would have worked or not is a side question. If Rush really wanted to, I'm sure he could come up with some idea. He probably does have an idea but it's taking some serious time and prep to do this and will need like Eli's help. I believe in the end, he'll get the respect of others and some trust (but not much). One theory I have going through my mind is that Rush already has the master code to the computer system. He is being supremely quiet about it until he's had enough time to figure out everything, repaired and get Destiny in top shape.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              We know the IOA does not trust Rush, then again they do not trust anyone which does not follow there orders 100% of the time no matter what the results of those orders are. Rush more than likely disobeyed a few of there orders in the past.

But there is evidence that O'neil trust Rush to some degree. At least to put him in charge of the destiny for a while an to let him come along to recruit Eli.

There probably something bigger going on here between the IOA, O'Neil and Rush.
              One thing I love is how Rush acts like he is in command.
              How do we know the IOA doesn't trust Rush? (Haven't seen Earth yet. Was something said in the episode?)

Comment

Im really liking Rush. At first, he appeared to be the one that would cause trouble, but now its clear he's one of only a few that have a brain.

Comment

Well we don't know much about the whole future yet. He could still very well cause a lot of trouble.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neil View Post
                    Im really liking Rush. At first, he appeared to be the one that would cause trouble, but now its clear he's one of only a few that have a brain.
                    Well not really, for all we know the plan could have been a dead cert to work, but because he wants to stay on Destiny he lied and made out that it wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neil View Post
                      A lot were saying that about Greer after Air, too

My feeling is that people are so used to tv shows portraying characters as 'good' or 'bad' with a simple set of motivations that they are used to painting people as either good guys or bad guys based on a few simple actions or phrases. SGU is portraying the characters as much more nuanced with a more complicated back story and set of motivations and I admit it seems in reading here that many are seeming to pigeon-hole the characters based on early assessment on 'good' or 'bad'..and as the story goes on those assessments are often ... premature
                      If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                      Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                        How do we know the IOA doesn't trust Rush? (Haven't seen Earth yet. Was something said in the episode?)
                        Yes something was said in the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          Yes something was said in the episode.
                          *mutters* Damn having to wait until Friday to see it ...

Comment

Originally posted by arrakis44 View Post
                            Really nice stroke by Rush. I did not see that coming. Staging the whole thing to fake out Telford and the others. Honestly I don't think Earth has the right to dictate to these people how things should or should not be done. They aren't there and they should be deferring to those who are.
                            Definitely a touch of "stage" class for Rush, 100 points for the idea and execution, it fooled me!

I do feel tho that Young should be a lil more respectful to O'Neill, considering that Young would like to maintain the chain of command on Destiny, he should respect it on Earth as well!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                            : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                              A lot were saying that about Greer after Air, too

My feeling is that people are so used to tv shows portraying characters as 'good' or 'bad' with a simple set of motivations that they are used to painting people as either good guys or bad guys based on a few simple actions or phrases. SGU is portraying the characters as much more nuanced with a more complicated back story and set of motivations and I admit it seems in reading here that many are seeming to pigeon-hole the characters based on early assessment on 'good' or 'bad'..and as the story goes on those assessments are often ... premature
                              I agree and I'n not the one who would label a character as bad or good, because we, people, are good and bad at the same time - it depends on circumstations.

I like these more complicated characters, they're the main reason why I watch the show.

I absolutely, completely adore Rush. Not because he's always doing good things, but because he's so much complicated. He's conflicted with his emotions, he's logical in his actions and he's not an open book. You can wonder - what he really meant doing this or that.

If someone wants to label him, I would say that they're safe with him, because he wants to live. And it's a matter of opinion if you consider his actions as good or bad.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                                Definitely a touch of "stage" class for Rush, 100 points for the idea and execution, it fooled me!

I do feel tho that Young should be a lil more respectful to O'Neill, considering that Young would like to maintain the chain of command on Destiny, he should respect it on Earth as well!

maintaining the chain of command on the ship is more to do with maintaining order and not letting people go mad rather than anything else.

Well, put it this way, if someone a billion light years away told me to do something that would fail more likely than succeed, ending in my death, I wouldn't even be so polite to my commanding officer, what's he gonna do, slap me?

Comment

Working...
                                X