No announcement yet.

Rush's actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasen't so sure about Rush until this episode. But I think next to Young he has now moved up to second fave!!!

WAY TO GO RUSH!!! You showed Telford and the others hehe!!!
    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

I really loved Rush's victory this evening. He seemed to show he was one step ahead of the entire operation, and pragmatic to the end he said he did it because it "had to be done." He did a good thing, but he's still enigmatic; Young certainly is still more than willing to second guess his motives. I think the way the show set things up, plot wise made Rush out to be something of an unsung hero, I can't imagine that wasn't done without reason. I am simply curious to see whether this goes anywhere, Rush isn't any good at currying favor and I wonder if anyone will remember his little move down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Gallienus View Post
        I really loved Rush's victory this evening. He seemed to show he was one step ahead of the entire operation, and pragmatic to the end he said he did it because it "had to be done." He did a good thing, but he's still enigmatic; Young certainly is still more than willing to second guess his motives. I think the way the show set things up, plot wise made Rush out to be something of an unsung hero, I can't imagine that wasn't done without reason. I am simply curious to see whether this goes anywhere, Rush isn't any good at currying favor and I wonder if anyone will remember his little move down the line.
        It's interesting that Brody and Volker seemed to be subtly and quietly supporting Rush during the whole situation in the gate room.
        Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 07 November 2009, 01:28 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Nicely done I'd say. Who's your daddy is what Rush should say.

Comment

Can't say I didn't see that coming. Although I didn't expect him to be so open about it. Which was nice I guess. I think I expected him more to quietly sabotage their efforts so he can stay on the ship and say "Oops. Well I guess it doesn't work. Guess you need to go home now." I think overall it was a pretty cool episode from Rush.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Rush is a expert at manipulating people, playing them off one an other. I also think he pretty happy at the team he got on the destiny. Even through they are slower than him, I think he slowly relising he can trained them up an get them think his way.

I think he did gain more control an more command of the team this episode, in effect we had four people playing a power game on-board the destiny, Wray, Telford, Rush an Young an Rush just crush the other three like ants.

Comment

Am I the only one upset that Rush sabotaged the gate? and that they didn't get back to earth?

I want them so badly to get off Destiny and be back home at SGC, maybe then we can see more O'Neill, Carter, Jackson, and some new SciFi techno stuff.

Frankly the slow drawn out relationship based dark scenes are starting to really annoy me! It really is a close cousin to BSG
                General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

If they got home, the series would be over...

Plus, I don't think Rush sabotaged the gate itself.

I think everything was happening without his influence up until the point where they tried to shut it down and it didn't work, except for maybe a few extra alarms going off. If they had been able to shut it down, they would've just tried again. When they couldn't shut it down, they ran back to Earth. As soon as Rush knew they were gone, he shut it down himself.

I don't think it would've worked anyway. There are plenty of ways Rush could've engineered his staying behind when everyone else went. Then I'm sure he could cut power to the Stargate and be alone on Destiny like I think he really wants.
                  Despite this, I think he is starting to get used to being around these people...

Comment

The gate looked a bit fried after they shut it down, unless it was just the lighting that made it look like that. I'd also like to see those big triple barreled cannons in action once.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                      Because Rush is one devious sob. I doubt that anything that comes out of his mouth is the complete truth. He played them two episodes ago at the end of Light, and in Air. Who knows how many other times in between.

Oh, and this isn't to say I hate Rush. I'm loving Rush. But I wouldn't trust him with a dollar. (or a euro for our friends there )
                      INTJ arrogance isn't really snobbishness:
                      To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.
                      snipped from the Rush's agenda thread.

Comment

I think Rush saw ahead well enough to realize the plan would fail and so set out to subtly sabotage it before it got far enough to be dangerous.

Now, the question I have is...was Rush right? Was the plan doomed to fail dangerously if Rush did nothing, or did Rush's hubris get in the way to make him think he knew better, whereas the plan may have worked if he didn't interfere.

The repairs of the ship to allow using the weapons *did* lead to Riley's injury, and without Rush riding rains, the situation would've been much worse...*but* that part of the plan, using the weapons to drain energy to force Destiny to refuel....that actually worked.

I don't think Rush is evil enough to sabotage a plan that would've worked, but I'm not sure if his self-confidence would allow him to see clearly whether someone else's plan would correctly work or not.
                        If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                        Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Rush is violating the chain of command by taking things into his own hands, and not telling anyone of his plan. I still see nothing to trust about him, and his actions in this episode prove that he is really acting on his own agenda. I agree with the assessment that he does not want to go back to Earth.

Comment

well rush WAS right. the ship couldn't handle the powerdraining. he just ensured it wouldnt explode and got them off the ship.

as rush said, now that we know what the plan was, and now that they got the data, they can try dialling later. except then, they can repair the ship and do it properly

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Looing at it i think it was a plan Scott set up with rush, after Greer had that little talking to him from his cell.
                              BUT i do agree, earth SHOULD have waited to see what the people there wanted, without IOA chick and telford stiring things up.
                              Scott seemed pretty surprised, he told Rush "You could have told people."

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                                It's interesting that Brody and Volker seemed to be subtly and quietly supporting Rush during the whole situation in the gate room.
                                yeah i think they were in on it

Comment

Working...
                                X