Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
    Dialing Earth would've worked.
    Are you sure about that? How could we know?

Comment

What are you talking about? All Rush wants to do is stay on the ship. And he's a psycho. Of course he set that up. Dialing Earth would've worked.
      and had possible taken destiny with it.
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        Rush is like, the ultimate......I dunno, something ultimate.
        The ultimate enigma. I like what he did tonight, I still don't know his true motives.

Comment

The electricity coming off the gate didnt look staged by Rush
          That didnt seem like a good thing, so based on that id say it wouldnt have worked

Also, while Rush wants to stay on the ship, he also doesnt want to die
          Dialing Earth through this method successfully doesnt mean he would have to leave the ship
          Dialing Earth successfully would be in Rush's best interest actually, he could get everyone off the ship and stay behind alone
          I get the feeling he would much rather be alone on the ship then have people constantly 2nd guessing him and not trusting him

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            Are you sure about that? How could we know?
            Because Rush is one devious sob. I doubt that anything that comes out of his mouth is the complete truth. He played them two episodes ago at the end of Light, and in Air. Who knows how many other times in between.

Oh, and this isn't to say I hate Rush. I'm loving Rush. But I wouldn't trust him with a dollar. (or a euro for our friends there )

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat1487 View Post
              The electricity coming off the gate didnt look staged by Rush
              That didnt seem like a good thing, so based on that id say it wouldnt have worked
              The gate on Icarus got electrified, and it worked perfectly. Well, except for the whole thing where the Ha'taks blow up the planet...

Comment

Because Rush is one devious sob. I doubt that anything that comes out of his mouth is the complete truth. He played them two episodes ago at the end of Light, and in Air. Who knows how many other times in between.
                Oh dear, and how exactly did Rush 'play' them? By being polite? Gosh, were everyone so easily confused by someone displaying manners in the face of such rudeness.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat1487 View Post
                  But yes, Rush did the right thing
                  And I agree earth shouldnt be telling them what to do so forcefully like this
                  They arent there and they arent the ones who are in danger (and even if they get into danger while there they can just bail out like cowards as demonstrated here)
                  You have the right to your opinion, but remember, Rush & Young were defying O'Neill's orders. It's not like it was some guy with his own agenda, 12 years of Jack O'Neill, and we've seen that defending human life is #1 on his list of priorities, Young pretty much said so himself.

In similar situations, Weir, Shep, and all the others have deferred to Jack after voicing their grievances, because... it's the law... his integrity is unquestioned... the Asgard named a ship after him...
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                    Oh dear, and how exactly did Rush 'play' them? By being polite? Gosh, were everyone so easily confused by someone displaying manners in the face of such rudeness.
                    He dialed them to the Destiny in the first place, when he obviously should've dialed to Earth. Then for him to be polite out of NOWHERE? Especially when everyone doubted him? Not to mention the fact that he took him name out of the lottery.

Comment

He dialed them to the Destiny in the first place, when he obviously should've dialed to Earth. Then for him to be polite out of NOWHERE? Especially when everyone doubted him? Not to mention the fact that he took him name out of the lottery.
                      He actually had a valid scientific reason not to dial Earth. He took his name out of the lottery because he wanted to stay on Destiny. And all it took for him to be polite was to come down from a caffeine and nicotine high.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                        He actually had a valid scientific reason not to dial Earth. He took his name out of the lottery because he wanted to stay on Destiny. And all it took for him to be polite was to come down from a caffeine and nicotine high.
                        For the first two, I suppose it's a matter of opinion- I think he's lying through his teeth, but you may be just as right. And I don't really think getting off of nicotine/caffine highs cause personality changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                          You have the right to your opinion, but remember, Rush & Young were defying O'Neill's orders. It's not like it was some guy with his own agenda, 12 years of Jack O'Neill, and we've seen that defending human life is #1 on his list of priorities, Young pretty much said so himself.

In similar situations, Weir, Shep, and all the others have deferred to Jack after voicing their grievances, because... it's the law... his integrity is unquestioned... the Asgard named a ship after him...
                          I wasnt questioning Jack
                          I agree with you, Jacks integrity is unquestioned
                          The IOA were pulling the strings with this, not Jack

When the transcripts are out for this episode ill pull up the quote that im thinking of
                          Its either where hes talking about how Sam got him out of stuff using stuff he doesnt understand, or the 2nd exchange between Young and Jack

Comment

For the first two, I suppose it's a matter of opinion- I think he's lying through his teeth, but you may be just as right. And I don't really think getting off of nicotine/caffine highs cause personality changes.
                            Ah, but the difference is you're speculating and I'm using what's in the episodes. Actions and words, my friend.

As for coming down off a high, do you know anything about withdrawal?

Comment

Rush is the what i wanted mckay to be in atlantis. I think rush has a good reason for his actions and in the end its for the benefit for Destiny and in turn for the rest of the crew, also he saved them twice and i highly doubt he knew as a fact that the destiny was going to refuel in the center of the sun. Plus his rashness for the first few days or so aboard the ship can be attributed to his withdrawal.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ohh yeah it does. When I was younger I drank alot of Coffee (A half-pot a day) and I was forced to stop cold turkey one day. After about a day or two, I was ripping people's heads off, sick to my stomach, going from highs to low ... Caffeine withdrawl is a very very real thing and can seriously change your personality till it gets out of your system.

To this day, if I drink more then a cup every once in a great while I start to get addicted to it again. Even when I stopped drinking soda every day I could seriously feel the effects and was very irritable in the mornings.

Off topic, but just to respond to a thought someone else had posted about.

- CB
                                Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
                                Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Working...
                                X