No announcement yet.

Rush's actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind the wise words Rush once mentioned to TJ, "Always have the greater good in mind." I merit him for taking such action as he did and ultimately it effected the story dramatically with subsequent possible events to stir between Young and Telford. While it's up for speculation, Rush seems to know more of the ship than he is making known; this is the second scenario in which an impending death may have occur. As mentioned in other threads, Telford is doing an outstanding job in playing the role his character is assigned giving the impression that he is scum, quick to think, and overly responsive to those who question and threaten his career.

Comment

I think Rush is a great character and made the right decision. I'll be interested to see if people treat him different in the following episodes, and how he works to undermine the respect and trust he may have earned.

What I'm really enjoying is the contrast/comparison of Telford and Rush. I think Telford looks far worse in comparison. Rush might manipulate, but Telford just marches over whoever is in his way.

Comment

I got the feeling when Rush wasn't complaining too much during the episode that he was gonna pull something- and WOW that was amazing. He's devious as anything, but I think he's basically good if extremely pragmatic, and that's a powerful combination. I like Rush, but I would NOT want to get on his nerves too much.
        Why are Stargate scientists so awesome?

Comment

How do we know he didn't do the same thing at icarus?

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Rush appears to have more knowledge of the ship than he is letting on. It was discussed while Rush was eating his rations that Rush might not want to dial back to Earth because he will be removed from the Destiny project.

Rush's actions are still up in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
              In terms of ...?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                rush owned the IOA guys and teleford running away to save his own as EPIC FAIL
                I don't care why Rush did it. I don't care if did or did not lie. What he did, when he chose to do it and the outcome, was EPIC WIN.

Comment

Originally posted by arrakis44 View Post
                  Really nice stroke by Rush. I did not see that coming. Staging the whole thing to fake out Telford and the others. Honestly I don't think Earth has the right to dictate to these people how things should or should not be done. They aren't there and they should be deferring to those who are.
                  Looing at it i think it was a plan Scott set up with rush, after Greer had that little talking to him from his cell.
                  BUT i do agree, earth SHOULD have waited to see what the people there wanted, without IOA chick and telford stiring things up.

I'll take Rush's side yet again. Lost is better than dead any day.
                  Yup. It is better to be lost and alive to try again later than dead now and still lost.

Rush had to be pretty confident that they would bail out
                  His plan wouldnt have worked if they stayed
                  I think since he knows that death of the body of X also kills Y who is in it (the body cannot live without the mind, but neither can the mind live without the body) it was a good and safe bet that telford and co would run if it got dangerous.

Also a very clever way to find out who's on his side. Very nicely done Rush.
                  I loved the look he got from the IOA chick and Greer (noding respectfully to rush iirc) when he told them why he did it that way.

I got the feeling when Rush wasn't complaining too much during the episode that he was gonna pull something- and WOW that was amazing. He's devious as anything, but I think he's basically good if extremely pragmatic, and that's a powerful combination. I like Rush, but I would NOT want to get on his nerves too much.
                  Neither would i. It seems he delites in shanking people over.. BUT it was a very coniving plan and i think he was helped by Scott.

Cause Icarus DID blow up.

Comment

I've like rush since the first episode.

We did see that the shields were failing so rush wasn't lying about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlan View Post
                      Also a very clever way to find out who's on his side. Very nicely done Rush.
                      That was clever indeed...

Comment

It was beautifully staged, the guy is a total Xanatos Speed Chess master!

I almost expected him in the last scene to put his hand up and go around asking for a high-five.

*Eli goes to high-five, Young shoots him a look*

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil Brax View Post
                          Ohh yeah it does. When I was younger I drank alot of Coffee (A half-pot a day) and I was forced to stop cold turkey one day. After about a day or two, I was ripping people's heads off, sick to my stomach, going from highs to low ... Caffeine withdrawl is a very very real thing and can seriously change your personality till it gets out of your system.

To this day, if I drink more then a cup every once in a great while I start to get addicted to it again. Even when I stopped drinking soda every day I could seriously feel the effects and was very irritable in the mornings.

Off topic, but just to respond to a thought someone else had posted about.

- CB
                          Well I agree that there will probably be a big difference when you're in withdrawl, but I was saying that the state of being addicted to caffeine and filling that need, and not being addicted at all are very close to the same.

Because when he could get his coffee fix (back on Icarus), he was still yapping at people.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                            Well I agree that there will probably be a big difference when you're in withdrawl, but I was saying that the state of being addicted to caffeine and filling that need, and not being addicted at all are very close to the same.

Because when he could get his coffee fix (back on Icarus), he was still yapping at people.
                            I must have missed that episode ...

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post

Well, I believe what the original poster might have been referring to was his Caffeine withdrawal not caffeine high.

Also, Caffeine will change someone if they drink enough. It keeps you alert, but also tends to make you a bit more hyper. It puts many people in an artificially better mood as well. You appear to be happy, but when challenging things come along you get snappy and snarky and otherwise unpleasant to be around.

While you may be hyper and happy on caffeine, its 'artificial' in the way that anything to shatter that little bubble will just push you over the edge. Rush is probably more calm now that he's off caffeine then he ever was when he was on it.

There's a difference between being addicted to Caffeine, and just drinking alot of it too. Because of how mild Caffeine is compared to real drugs it takes a long time to really build up an addiction that's hard to do just on Soda alone. You could do it with 'Stay Awake' pills or other kinds of pills that have high doses of caffeine in them in combination with lots of soda but really it takes alot of coffee drinking for a long period of time in most people. There are of course exceptions to these rules.

Anyway, Rush probably is doing better personality wise off the Caffeine then he ever did when he was on it. Everyone drinks Coffee or Soda for their own reasons. Taste, to stay awake, alertness, etc etc. Personally, I did it cause I was poor and coffee was cheep. hehe. I don't know if this is coincidence that he seems calmer now (Even more so then he was on Icarus), or that the writers intentionally wrote it that way. More then a few of them have probably gone up against Caffeine addiction before in their lives though. hehe

- CB
                              Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
                              Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                                I must have missed that episode ...
                                He was pretty snarky on Icarus in Air pt I.

And thanks, CB. This is the second time tonight you've explained something I didn't get before. Green for you.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Working...
                                X