This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arative View Post
    What's the over/under of there being a hugely powerful AI in control of Destiny?
    Here is how it will go...

They will explore the ship and find a maintenance machine (robot to you and me). Supposed to tend to the ship, pre-replicator tech. They will activate it, it will have this cool knight rider car flashy light thing going...

Someone will immediately post... hey... doesn't that seem like....

then someone will quickly hit reply

"Gawd, BSG did not invent AI and Robots, get over it."

But, I could be wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I quite liked it. Yes Scott is a Christian but he has made mistaked. Those mistakes don't just change what he believes. It shows a relastic religious perspective to me.
      I agree, I'm about the least religious person around but it is refreshing to see a character portrayed realistically. People are religious, its just another character trait for Scott.

Comment

I am shocked anyone would say this is a good episode. It was another boring and slow moving episode that brought us nothing.

1) Show is moving at an incredibly slow pace. That might be ok but the story and character development during the slow time in non existent. Sorry but the Kino recordings offered up nothing. Just random facts about not liking earthquakes and other crap. We still don't know who the characters are and what they are good at.

2) They are leaning heavily on the sex. Chloe showering and then another scene of Chloe getting dressed. Then they zoom in on the other chicks large breasts. Sorry this is all lame.

After 4 episodes we still know nothing. Literally. The character development is NON EXISTENT!

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post

The thing with the crowd confroning Eli came kind of out of left field, and I can't quite figure out why these folks haven't figured out that if no one is telling them anything, it probably means that they aren't going home and are likely to die. I mean that would be my assumption if I was way-the-hell in space and things were sucking beyond belief. A little logic, people.
          But, think about what you just said: these people should realize and understand that they "aren't going home and are likely to die" - and then what? You think they will just shrug and say "ok"? Heck no! They'd probably be even more angry that they aren't being told that.

And why should they accept such a morbid fate in the first place? It seems clear to me that they wanted some answers, no matter what answers they may be.

I really liked seeing more of the ship, and the people working on board. I'm very disapponted that they've taken science out so completely. It could have been even more interesting. I liked it when they didn't used to assume that I had the intellect of a flea.
          What did you think of that scene with Lisa Park, the women who kept going and going about gravitational tidal lock and its effects on the planets? I personally loved its science-ness and her excitement about it all.

Comment

The thing with the crowd confroning Eli came kind of out of left field, and I can't quite figure out why these folks haven't figured out that if no one is telling them anything, it probably means that they aren't going home and are likely to die. I mean that would be my assumption if I was way-the-hell in space and things were sucking beyond belief. A little logic, people.

They're military, they're conditioned to receive orders and carry them out. When they're in an information blackout in an extreme situation and not receiving anything beyond relay order they're going to get pissy.

Comment

Originally posted by StarFighter

After 4 episodes we still know nothing. Literally. The character development is NON EXISTENT!
              You mean other then TJ having given up schloarship, other then Young chosing his career over his wife, other then Chloe caring very deep about her parents, other then Scott being raised by a priest and having a Christian belief.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

where's dr rush.

he had a nervous break down

LOL
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  my money is on telford feeling - or the two of them having the history of Young beating Telford out of the command. Telford is 'jealous' in a way, thus overly critical and full of 'i can do better' thus his attitude and seeming willingness to countermand Young, even to the point of ordering Scott to report that Young is in the wrong.

and, what telford also doesn't know or doesn't want to admit is that Young has seen a different side of Rush than Telford has. Telford seems to trust rush 100% while Young knows better
                  I kinda get a feeling that maybe possibly might want to do something to Young's mind (in his body) so that he stays in Young's body to stay in command.
                  sigpic
                  Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Someone shoot the "crazy Dr wonder" he got on my nerves!...or at least send him to sleep every 24 hrs, I thought McKay was annoying well this guy took the cake and eat it!

So far still no connecting with the show
                    sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

But, think about what you just said: these people should realize and understand that they "aren't going home and are likely to die" - and then what? You think they will just shrug and say "ok"? Heck no! They'd probably be even more angry that they aren't being told that.

And why should they accept such a morbid fate in the first place? It seems clear to me that they wanted some answers, no matter what answers they may be.
                      Okay, I admit it, I was being a bit tongue in cheek, there, but I did think they were being asses. The non-military personel ahd some excuse, but the millitary? None.

What did you think of that scene with Lisa Park, the women who kept going and going about gravitational tidal lock and its effects on the planets? I personally loved its science-ness and her excitement about it all.

I was enjoying that immensely until she started going on about earthquakes and cutting her feet when she was thirteen. Yes, earthquakes are so much worse than being dead. I really enjoyed all those moments, though. My favorite was the astrophysicist comparing himself to Salieri, then going on about Shubert and Elgar. Lol!

They're military, they're conditioned to receive orders and carry them out. When they're in an information blackout in an extreme situation and not receiving anything beyond relay order they're going to get pissy.
                      Exactly. They're military. They should do as they've been ordered and wait for further information, not form cabals. Most unimpressive. Definitely not SGC material.

Comment

Originally posted by StarFighter View Post
                        I am shocked anyone would say this is a good episode. It was another boring and slow moving episode that brought us nothing.
                        To be honest, there hasn't been an episode of SGU that has blown me away yet. That said, I certainly have liked them all so far...but I can understand people not liking the pacing yet. I'm going to detail this more in my actual review of "Darkness". That said:

1) Show is moving at an incredibly slow pace. That might be ok but the story and character development during the slow time in non existent. Sorry but the Kino recordings offered up nothing. Just random facts about not liking earthquakes and other crap. We still don't know who the characters are and what they are good at.
                        Quite obviously these matters are all ones of opinion, but I "am shocked" that you aren't seeing character development. You're being serious with that comment?

I guess I'm not going to knock a fan's impression/interpretation, but the character development is about as obvious as it could get without someone saying "I don't work well with other people" (Rush) or "I am a good guy, but I lack the confidence it takes to be a leader" (Scott). I could go on and on.

Everyone's entitled, and so forth.

2) They are leaning heavily on the sex. Chloe showering and then another scene of Chloe getting dressed. Then they zoom in on the other chicks large breasts. Sorry this is all lame.
                        I dunno, I didn't mind the scenes so much...and it's not just because I'm a heterosexual male. I don't see how Eli being awkward around an attractive, naked woman is "leaning heavily on the sex". It was not an unbelievable scene, nor was it overly gratuitous. It was a silly moment in which we got to see Eli and Chloe interact in a friendly (albeit, quite awkward) moment.

And it's my opinion that you're over-exaggerating how they (apparently) zoomed in on Vanessa James' breasts. I guess I'd have to watch that scene again.

I can't help but say this bluntly...but (I think) you're utterly wrong. Either you're not giving the show a fair chance, or you're not watching it period.
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

And it's my opinion that you're over-exaggerating how they (apparently) zoomed in on Vanessa James' breasts. I guess I'd have to watch that scene again.
                          No, I really don't think it's possible to exaggerate that. The only thing missing was a big yellow arrow (animated to make sure you don't miss it) and a cartoon character with his eyes doing that telescope thing.

Comment

No, I really don't think it's possible to exaggerate that. The only thing missing was a big yellow arrow (animated to make sure you don't miss it) and a cartoon character with his eyes doing that telescope thing.
                            There's a difference between her having large breasts and them using the camera to zoom in on them though. Simply because eyes are drawn to them doesn't mean that they were focusing on them.

And...yeah...that's as far as I'll be going with that topic
                            Sig by Pandora's Box
                            sigpic

Comment

My favorite was the astrophysicist comparing himself to Salieri, then going on about Shubert and Elgar. Lol!
                              Haha, I loved this as well. Especially considering I am quite familiar with all three composers . It's so much better when you actually understand the references
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                                There's a difference between her having large breasts and them using the camera to zoom in on them though. Simply because eyes are drawn to them doesn't mean that they were focusing on them.

And...yeah...that's as far as I'll be going with that topic
                                Fully agree here, just watched it again to see what the fuzz was about since i didnt even notice it first time around and they were certainly not focusing on them, yes they showed she has a rack but the camera wasnt focused on it..
                                Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                                Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                                X