Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode. Loved the character drama and loved the beginning with everyone in the messhall. Great comedy moments and loved the Kino scenes.

Unfortunately, some of the visual scenes I found disappointing. I don't know why, but I thought they were a bit lacking. I'll re-watch it again to make sure though.

Also, I loved the realism where they had to translate the controls in the shuttle and put little stickers with the English translation. That's realistic since most of these people can't read Ancient. This was a small tidbit, but I loved that.

I feel bad for Young with his wife. Great performances by Louis and Ona Grauer (Emily Young). I think her ending response to Young though is realistic. She is simply in shock and doesn't want to believe anything. I don't think she is being heartless, even though she may be coming off as that. I can't wait to see more with this cause there is definitely potential with this B-story.

Rush was amazing. Robert Carlyle keeps on impressing me with his acting talents more and more, episode by episode.

I loved that we saw more of TJ and Camille. I love the character TJ and think she is gonna develop nicely. Camille was shown to be less 'harpy-like' and more humane, although I always believed her character would.

Eli. Just one word: Funny. I love the scene with him and Chloe how he was acting awkward around her when she was in the shower. The scene with him and Riley was funny too with the Kino, spying on James.

I laughed when I saw Peter Deluise make a cameo when he was waiting near the Communication Stones and Telford relieved him. That was funny.

Overall, brilliant performances. Everyone was great. I enjoyed the episode and can't wait for 'Light'.

EDIT: Okay, I've re-watched some of it and I am gonna take back what I said about the visual effects. They were better than I thought and I was demeaning them to something that isn't what I am seeing now. So, I take that back.
    Last edited by Orion Antreas; 16 October 2009, 07:11 PM.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
      Let's see what happened this week on Stargate: Boobs Universe:
      A military chick had really, REALLY big. . .uh, you know (I see TPTB still going with frat boy humor).
      LOL!
      They seem to be a major topic of discussion over at the SyFy forum...
      (evidently the actress is one of Lucius' wives from that "famous" SGA episode)
      sigpic

Comment

Telford is starting to get on my nerve i mean i thought i would like his character but now im starting to hate him.

Comment

anyone else notice that Greer had sunglasses tan lines..I thought it was kinda cool that they included that. and the shot of chloes funbags

Comment

Loverboy Scott takes a break from getting teen girls pregnant to say a prayer.

Col. Young leaves the sinking ship to visit his wife (zzzzzzzzzzzz).

Rush yells at everyone.

Everyone yells at everyone.

Some lady talks about earthquakes. (WTF???)

Chloe takes a shower in front of a guy (is this a surprise to anyone?)

Chloe screams for Eli's help because it gets. . .um. . .dark.

Chloe needs to take a walk into an airlock.

A bunch of people talk about themselves but none of them sound the least bit intelligent. I still don't remember their names.

Lou Diamond Phillips makes a miracle appearace in a few minutes that were actually INTERESTING.

Camera operator drank way too much coffee making the shaky camera worse than ever.

A military chick had really, REALLY big. . .uh, you know (I see TPTB still going with frat boy humor).

This episode was total fail in my book.
            You seem to really dislike character development or any plot that doesn't involve massive explosions... and the "shaky cam" continues to be barely noticeable. I really don't see how people can find it THAT irritating.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I'm liking Young a lot as a character. There's something very three dimensional about him. There's a firm, quiet confidence in his leadership style, but you still sense a human being underneath who has had to make some difficult choices and is probably regretting how this one turned out.

I'd love to know why Telford got on his case so quickly. Maybe there is some history there that we are yet to find out. When Young came back into his own body, he seemed to sense immediately that Telford was up to something.

The Keno recordings seemed reminiscent of something Atlantis did, but I thought they were very useful in getting to know some of the secondary characters. I noted they were used mostly for their recordings.

The way everyone was trying to adjust to the situation and exploring what they could of the ship seemed very realistic to me. I like the attention to detail, such as showing us them carefully measuring water to make their food.

Comment

I'll say it right now.

I'm dreading the inevitable Eli v Scott fight episode over Chloe. They're making it way too obvious.

Comment

I liked the ep. Probably not as much as last week's, but I liked it just the same.

Prediction for next week: Skimming the gas giant was to fill the tanks with some kind of fuel, and passing so close to the star provides the heat to process it. The ship's flying itself, it's not going to accidentally slingshot around a gas giant to fly itself into a star.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

funbags
                    Let's not be crude.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      Telford is starting to get on my nerve i mean i thought i would like his character but now im starting to hate him.
                      I agree, he's being an ass. He's not on the actual ship, he doesn't know what they're going through.

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      You seem to really dislike character development or any plot that doesn't involve massive explosions... and the "shaky cam" continues to be barely noticeable. I really don't see how people can find it THAT irritating.
                      I totally agree. les fleurs, can you please take your needless and irrational arguments to some other thread? This is not a thread for bashing the show, it's a thread for discussing the episode.

Comment

Does anyone else think when Eli does the Kino interviews, he sounds like Gateworld's David Read?
                        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
                          What happened to that alien shuttle that dislodged from the ship?

Last episode?
                          J Lenic said on Twitter that it will come up in a later episode.
                          Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

Jesus Christ, that was...YES, YES IT WAS!!!

Um, um, um at the end I was like, when it ended, I was like NOOOOOOOO!! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

HOLY CRAP.

Ok, I'll try to be more coherent later. YES YES YES.

Comment

Loverboy Scott takes a break from getting teen girls pregnant to say a prayer.

Col. Young leaves the sinking ship to visit his wife (zzzzzzzzzzzz).

Rush yells at everyone.

Everyone yells at everyone.

Some lady talks about earthquakes. (WTF???)

Chloe takes a shower in front of a guy (is this a surprise to anyone?)

Chloe screams for Eli's help because it gets. . .um. . .dark.

Chloe needs to take a walk into an airlock.

A bunch of people talk about themselves but none of them sound the least bit intelligent. I still don't remember their names.

Lou Diamond Phillips makes a miracle appearace in a few minutes that were actually INTERESTING.

Camera operator drank way too much coffee making the shaky camera worse than ever.

This episode was total fail in my book.
                              In the bolded part, being shallow, I must ask, 'What was so wrong with that?'

Seriously though, I suggest hang on a bit longer, things will even get more better with action. The show is just trying to build up and establish it's legs. Introduce the characters, etc. 'Water' will show offworld action (as well as other stuff) along with 'Time' and I assume 'Space' as well as many more.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

Jesus Christ, that was...YES, YES IT WAS!!!

Um, um, um at the end I was like, when it ended, I was like NOOOOOOOO!! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

HOLY CRAP.

Ok, I'll try to be more coherent later. YES YES YES.
                                I totally agree on all levels with that statement.

Comment

Working...
                                X