No announcement yet.

TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young Impact/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just popped in to let everyone know that I've started a TJ/Young LJ ship comm

TJ/Young @ Livejournal

Open for everything TJ/Young... Also looking for a co-mod...

Comment

Thanks for the notice!

However, I did not start this thread to let it become a "ship thread", although, sadly enough this thread has been moved to the C&R folder. You might need to find the Young/TJ Ship thread to have more response. If this thread even already exist. It was my intention when I started this thread to allow room for shippers, non-shippers, friendshippers etc. all to point out our different views on things. I really am not chasing you away, far from, I was just pointing that you might take the opportunity to simultaneously start a "ship thread" in the C&R folder for them. That's why I wanted to keep this thread in the SGU Folder, but seems it has been moved by the moderators to the C&R folder.

J.
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by amz_123 View Post
        Just popped in to let everyone know that I've started a TJ/Young LJ ship comm

TJ/Young @ Livejournal

Open for everything TJ/Young... Also looking for a co-mod...
        Not. Going. To.Cave. Not *gasp* Going. To. Cave

Originally posted by Jper View Post
        Thanks for the notice!

However, I did not start this thread to let it become a "ship thread", although, sadly enough this thread has been moved to the C&R folder. You might need to find the Young/TJ Ship thread to have more response. If this thread even already exist. It was my intention when I started this thread to allow room for shippers, non-shippers, friendshippers etc. all to point out our different views on things. I really am not chasing you away, far from, I was just pointing that you might take the opportunity to simultaneously start a "ship thread" in the C&R folder for them. That's why I wanted to keep this thread in the SGU Folder, but seems it has been moved by the moderators to the C&R folder.

J.
        I don't think there is a TJ/Young ship thread yet. As far as I am aware there's only this thread and a friendship thread

But it is nice to come in here and express your hopes (what's left of it anyways), fears and what you would like to see and your opinions being respected

It's not that I wouldn't like to see ship in SGU but after what's happened in the past on stargate I fear these current PTB do not have it in them to write it out with any thought . SGA turned me into an anti shipper And I liked being a shipper *cries* I still ship people from shows before SGA went to hell in a hand basket but from that day forward I have taken a vow of celibacy (also known as not gonna get sucked into a ship ever again just so they can rip out what's left of my heart )
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          Not. Going. To.Cave. Not *gasp* Going. To. Cave
          Doooooooo it. I'll even let you borrow some of my climbing/caving gear if it'd help
          sigpic
          http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
            Doooooooo it. I'll even let you borrow some of my climbing/caving gear if it'd help
            Well if I do cave I won't need climbing gear cause I like it down here in the gutter

I am not shipping them until I see how they write it (if they do go with this which i'm still not convinced they'll do), If and it's a big IF given their past history with writing ships, If the writing is up to scratch them I may consider my stance but until then I am staying on the non shipper side
            sigpic

Comment

No one in this thread has really answered how big, or what exactly, the impact of this ship would be on SGU. On the storyline, on the fan-community. Imagine they really do create the ship, or really don't create the ship, will it make much difference? Will this ship really ruin or make SGU? What are the big advantages, the big benefits, and would be the real disadvantages? Should they really work it in? Or leave it as B-plot? Would it matter to you? Don't forget that these are main characters, the medic and the Colonel, it would certainly change things. Look how things went for SGA and SG1. The impact of McKeller, respectively Sam/Jack was huge. Don't you think? Would this be the same, or wouldn't it? Because of the manner in which this relationship is build-up, as an affair that has already happened? And because there are more than four main characters this time. There are a lot of characters on SGU. Second-line characters get more attention, as well. Probably one of the reasons why some people think the plot is slow or that they need too much time. They needed to develop background for a lot of characters. Will this change the impact of one particular ship, like this one?

Also do you like the way TPTB might possibly do things the "other way around". As in develop present, future and past/history at the same time. We have flashblacks mixed with the current already confirmed development, and mixed with the new development, information added in each episode.

Something to think about?

Comment

No one in this thread has really answered how big, or what exactly, the impact of this ship would be on SGU. On the storyline, on the fan-community. Imagine they really do create the ship, or really don't create the ship, will it make much difference? Will this ship really ruin or make SGU? What are the big advantages, the big benefits, and would be the real disadvantages? Should they really work it in? Or leave it as B-plot? Would it matter to you? Don't forget that these are main characters, the medic and the Colonel, it would certainly change things. Look how things went for SGA and SG1. The impact of McKeller, respectively Sam/Jack was huge. Don't you think? Would this be the same, or wouldn't it? Because of the manner in which this relationship is build-up, as an affair that has already happened? And because there are more than four main characters this time. There are a lot of characters on SGU. Second-line characters get more attention, as well. Probably one of the reasons why some people think the plot is slow or that they need too much time. They needed to develop background for a lot of characters. Will this change the impact of one particular ship, like this one?

Also do you like the way TPTB might possibly do things the "other way around". As in develop present, future and past/history at the same time. We have flashblacks mixed with the current already confirmed development, and mixed with the new development, information added in each episode.

Something to think about?

I think my brain just went into meltdown

If they did write it into the storyline I think it'd be better more in the background than up front and centre...More subtle like Sam/Jack, not inyerface like McKeller.

What I would like to see is them not having an affair in the past, but after a few months on that darn ship seeing them become closer as a result and a developing relationship. Personally I would rather see this than see a stupid affair *shrugs*Let Scott be the one having affairs and going around with almost every female he sets his sights on. Write TJ/Young as a mature relationship. No breaking frat regs with a junior officer, no sneaking behind your wifes back having affairs. After a few months on the ship one can't expect them to still follow the frat regs and I believe Youngs wife won't wait around that long so this will free him up and he and TJ seem quite close already so please juts write a meaningful and mature relatio0nship for once and not some frat boy fantasy

This is what would get me to ship them. Not stupid affairs that happened in the past.

But please don't do what you did to Sam/Jack and have them run around their feelings for years....I mean it was literally years And please don't get them together from no where, outta left field like you did with McKeller with zero, zilch, no previous development. Please for the love of my sanity learn from your previous mistakes
                sigpic

Comment

That isn't exactly fair for TJ now is it? She's just waiting for Young? It would be realistic though. You can't really control who you love. And people would wait for someone they love to love them back. Could be interesting.

Comment

That isn't exactly fair for TJ now is it? She's just waiting for Young? It would be realistic though. You can't really control who you love. And people would wait for someone they love to love them back. Could be interesting.
                    I didn't say she was waiting Just that they seem to be quite good friends and after being stranded on a ship millions of light years from home could bring them closer together
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but it seems like Young is avoiding her, or at least being alone and close with her. So she might move and start something with someone else because she thinks he really loves his wife and wants to rekindle things with his wife. If those stupid stones had not been there I don't think Young would be holding on like that, but now it seems like he is holding on. While his wife is definitely planning on moving on without him it seems. That affair must have created a serious gap between them.

Comment

If you stop and think about it, could this 'ship be the PTBs way of showing us how Jack and Sam would NOT have worked? With all the frat rules, personality conflicts, and (possible) favouritism from the leader (Colonel Young) in regards to the subordonate (TJ), could this be showing us how hooking those two up in SG-1 is a terrible, terrible idea?

We won't really know more until more of the show airs, but it's worth thinking about.
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay, this is the way I see things between TJ and Young:

Yes, they had a past relationship and, from what I've understood or at least interpreted (note: this is how I see things, I don't expect everyone to see eye to eye with me on this), the affair that they had seemed particularly serious. TJ genuinely seems to care for Young which implies that this wasn't necessarily a one-time-only, spur of the moment thing. At least on TJ's end, it had been building up for awhile. As far I've seen Young react, he's either avoided being alone with her (Doesn't want to be? Can't trust himself to be alone with her? Doesn't know what she wants?) or ignored her all together, except when he went after her in Air during the evacuation.

What this means for them now, unlike the way we've seen done with other SG ships, is how they play the aftermath of such a relationship. Normally we're used to unresolved sexual tension and hints of attraction and flirting. All that's done and gone. They know they're attracted to each other, they knew, at least at one point, that they wanted one another, and yes, most likely they still care for one another to some extent.

Louis Ferreira described his and TJ's relationship in an interview as one based on mutual protection and understanding of one another. What did Young do in Light? He ordered TJ aboard the shuttle. I understand it was a logical choice because she was a medic, but who's to say there wasn't some selfish motive in there for him as well? At the time, that was her best chance to survive. I expect there will be further examples of how they will play that sort of dynamic, but the combination of Young's wife basically telling him it was over and the symbolic removal of his wedding ring in Light makes me think TPTB might be willing to take a resolved affair and a borderline friendship back into the romantic arena.

Of course there's the fraternization issue to consider, and I'm certain that if Wray ever gets confirmation about who TJ was protecting (not that I don't think she suspects already, what with that little eyebrow raise she gave Young when she asked him about TJ's commission) it's going to create a major shift in power depending on how and when she uses it. In an alliance with Telford, it could be used as evidence that Young isn't fit for command. In contrast, Wray could use it to control TJ, given the fact that her position as Chief Medical Officer is certain to hold a lot of weight aboard the Destiny.

Honestly, I think we're going to find out - which ever way the dice land - that in a conflict TJ and Young will end up on the same side of it based on their past together, and that whatever happens to either character is bound to affect the other in some way. TPTB has inextricably linked these two together in a way they haven't with previous characters, so how they play these two in combination is certainly going to be interesting. Add on top of that, we've got a constant play for power between three people, so any leverage they can find against one another is bound to be used.

Comment

I was just rewatching Air II and came across this little tidbit:

When Young and TJ were in the bedroom talking about his condition (the non-walking bits after getting your head whacked by flying across the room) he started talking about her scholarship.

TJ: Seattle. That's where my scholarship was.
                            Young: I'm sorry.
                            TJ: That part's not your fault.

Emphasis is mine, but when you take that scene with the earlier one she had with Camille Wray, where Wray points out that two weeks previous TJ had said that Icarus Base was the best job she'd ever had. Then she requested a transfer and now is saying that her being marooned on Destiny wasn't Young's fault, yet the way she said it makes me think that she holds Young at fault for somethings else.

Hmmmmmmmm.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                              I was just rewatching Air II and came across this little tidbit:

When Young and TJ were in the bedroom talking about his condition (the non-walking bits after getting your head whacked by flying across the room) he started talking about her scholarship.

TJ: Seattle. That's where my scholarship was.
                              Young: I'm sorry.
                              TJ: That part's not your fault.

Emphasis is mine, but when you take that scene with the earlier one she had with Camille Wray, where Wray points out that two weeks previous TJ had said that Icarus Base was the best job she'd ever had. Then she requested a transfer and now is saying that her being marooned on Destiny wasn't Young's fault, yet the way she said it makes me think that she holds Young at fault for somethings else.

Hmmmmmmmm.
                              You know what, I just did the same thing and I was just coming on here to point it out. I replayed all the eps so far of the TJ/Young bits to have a look at there interactions and that scene really stuck out and made me go hmmmmmm too. Also, during the evacuation when she's attendig to Doctor Simms and he tries to get her to leave, he finally gets her attention by calling her Tamara (first names. military.).
                              I also get the impression that what they had wasn't a one time thing. Even though Young seems to be kind of awkward avoidy with her they still seem fairly comfortable with each other (her sitting on his bed in Air when he wakes up struck me as odd, rather close and personal the first time I watched, before I started shipping). He does seem protective of her (ordering her onto the shuttle even though yes I agree she was a duh choice), and she could tell the difference between Telford and Young straight away (that's another thing that really caught my attention, also TJ sedating Telford ahhhh, best. scene. ever.). From the indications they've given us, it seems to me that they genuinely care for each other and the affair might have been a bit deeper than just a fling.
                              As for what is to come I too would like TPTB to handle this as a mature relationship and not quickies in the closet and not rush straight back into it. For those that argue frat regs, well yes I agree that they were breaking them on Icarus and obviously they wised up and broke it off, but hello they're on the other side of the universe in an unknown ship filled with inexperienced people and they're not getting home any time soon (that'd make for a short show), yeah they're in the military but they're humans, a bloody long way from home. Also, I reckon Young needs someone close to him, someone to keep him 'human', someone he can let himself get close to. He's the leader of this bunch of randoms in a totally 'unique' situation. The only other people that come close to him in terms of power levels is Rush (but he's not trusted, nor does anyone clearly listen to him) or Camille (she's IOA and clearly she has problems with him anyway, esp to regards of him and TJ with she obviously frowns upon). The closest other rank is Lt!
                              I really hope TPTB handle this relationship in a proper way, and actually make it a relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by amz_123 View Post
                                also TJ sedating Telford ahhhh, best. scene. ever.).
                                Indeed

I really hope TPTB handle this relationship in a proper way, and actually make it a relationship.
                                Also indeed. I'm also hoping it'll come across better than any of the other relationships that have been attempted on previous Stargates...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X