No announcement yet.

TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young Impact/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, but nobody said that they have to have a relationship. I'm more hoping for the idea that they had a relationship prior to the start of the show. That would give all sorts of colour and flavour to their interactions and conversations.

Like I said before, that would explain why she's always been able to read his body language and know when he'd been Telford-napped. It would also give us fans all sorts of fun dissecting their looks and touches (if any) they might share now that they're on the Destiny and have to deal with the fact that they're very, very far from home.

That reminds me of my favourite ship: Ben Krieg and Katie Hitchock from seaQuest DSV (the first good season).

Now if you disregard their age differences, there's still the fact that they're both military and have a huge disparity in their ranks (a Colonel vs 1st Lieutenant) and that brings all sorts of fraternization regs into play. How would someone like Greer, who seems to hold the chain of command as being sacred, deal with that?

I'm not fond of the idea of them sneaking off to sex in closets, since we have enough of that already. But the idea that they had done that before? I'm all over that.

Damn, oh well
    That's alright, I have weaknesses.
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
      Ah, but nobody said that they have to have a relationship. I'm more hoping for the idea that they had a relationship prior to the start of the show. That would give all sorts of colour and flavour to their interactions and conversations.

Like I said before, that would explain why she's always been able to read his body language and know when he'd been Telford-napped. It would also give us fans all sorts of fun dissecting their looks and touches (if any) they might share now that they're on the Destiny and have to deal with the fact that they're very, very far from home.

That reminds me of my favourite ship: Ben Krieg and Katie Hitchock from seaQuest DSV (the first good season).

Now if you disregard their age differences, there's still the fact that they're both military and have a huge disparity in their ranks (a Colonel vs 1st Lieutenant) and that brings all sorts of fraternization regs into play. How would someone like Greer, who seems to hold the chain of command as being sacred, deal with that?

I'm not fond of the idea of them sneaking off to sex in closets, since we have enough of that already. But the idea that they had done that before? I'm all over that.

That's alright, I have weaknesses.
      I just don't want it there at all, not past or present. I am adamant I am not shipping in SGU and I don't want them making it harder for me And the body switching, doesn't the confused looks and the personality changes kinda give it away

I um used to watch DSV and um can't remember them It was a long time ago though

And the frat regs. I don't see Young as the kind of guy to diregard the frat regs which is another reason I can't see this happening *shrugs*

Sex in closets? Doesn't Scott already have that one down
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        And the body switching, doesn't the confused looks and the personality changes kinda give it away
        Scott didn't get it and he was right there.

Sex in closets? Doesn't Scott already have that one down
        That's what I mean, there's enough of that already.
        sigpic

Comment

Scott didn't get it and he was right there.
          Maybe he isn't the brighest bulb in the box

That's what I mean, there's enough of that already.
          Well somehow I can't see Young sneaking off to closets to get a bit of nookie. He's way too mature for that kind of thing He's not an adolescent.
          sigpic

Comment

Well somehow I can't see Young sneaking off to closets to get a bit of nookie. He's way too mature for that kind of thing He's not an adolescent.
            Really? Where would you have him sneak off to to get some nookie? His room or hers?
            sigpic

Comment

Really? Where would you have him sneak off to to get some nookie? His room or hers?
              I don't think Young would sneak off anywhere to get a quick bit of nookie. Which is why I can't see TJ/Young having any kind of romantic liaison.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think Young would sneak off anywhere to get a quick bit of nookie. Which is why I can't see TJ/Young having any kind of romantic liaison.
                Bah, you non-bait riser! Hmm. *plots* I will bring you around. Yes, soon you will see things my way, mwaha.
                sigpic

Comment

Bah, you non-bait riser! Hmm. *plots* I will bring you around. Yes, soon you will see things my way, mwaha.
                  *snicker* You have to try harder than that to bait me And don't bother going to Jel for some pointers on what pushes my buttons
                  sigpic

Comment

*snicker* You have to try harder than that to bait me And don't bother going to Jel for some pointers on what pushes my buttons
                    >.>
                    <.<

Just remember: I haff vays opf making you talc.
                    sigpic

Comment

You know, I'm starting to think that maybe it will be just "they had a relationship". If Chloe/Scott will also turn out to be "doing things the other way around", as in first have sex and then get to know each other with romantic development, awkwardness, consequences etc. Well if that happens, I might believe that TPTB will have flashbacks of Young/TJ with the consequences and weirdness now following. So that would also be something different from the normal way/portrayal. Maybe TPTB realized their previous ship(s) were a disaster and decided "heck with it" will just do it the other way around, that might maybe work. They did not do that before, did they? Might be that they are trying that now? They certainly said there were going to be changes, didn't they?

I'm not getting my hopes up though. Too soon.
                      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I still haven't seen any indication in the eps so far to indicate a previous relationship between TJ/Young so until then I am gonna believe there is only friendship between them and hope that gets developed and they leave the UST out of it

>.>
                        <.<

Just remember: I haff vays opf making you talc.
                        I can be pretty stubborn
                        sigpic

Comment

Damn, I gotta work on that

As for TJ/Young. I would like to see them develop a friendship and leave the romance out of it. Contrary to popular belief males and females can be friends without the romance getting in the way
                          Actually, I have the feeling that this is the case with TJ and Scott... and I find myself liking the idea. I'm not a big fan of Scott because for some reason I find him utterly uninteresting as a character but I like the little hints they have given us about the two of them being friends (like for example him calling out to her at the beginning of 'Air' when he needed a medic or when he said "You should have shipped out weeks ago. It's not right." in 'Darkness'). I'd love to see what happens between them when it's somehow revealed that TJ and Young had an affair and if Scott knew about that (my money is on no, he didn't).

OT: YES! Someone else who thinks like me! Whee!

How would someone like Greer, who seems to hold the chain of command as being sacred, deal with that?
                          My thoughts exactly... and the reason I wrote this practically right after watching 'Air1/2': Back In Line...

Maybe he isn't the brighest bulb in the box
                          Sadly enough... I find myself thinking "Maybe? Pretty sure..." *coughs
                          I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                          I will never accept defeat.
                          I will never quit.
                          I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                          ------
                          "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                            Actually, I have the feeling that this is the case with TJ and Scott... and I find myself liking the idea. I'm not a big fan of Scott because for some reason I find him utterly uninteresting as a character but I like the little hints they have given us about the two of them being friends (like for example him calling out to her at the beginning of 'Air' when he needed a medic or when he said "You should have shipped out weeks ago. It's not right." in 'Darkness'). I'd love to see what happens between them when it's somehow revealed that TJ and Young had an affair and if Scott knew about that (my money is on no, he didn't).
                            Yeah TJ/Scott seem to know each other pretty well in a strictly platonic sort of way. I just hope it stays that way and he doesn't go around the ship getting it off with every female he comes across

And I am still not in the TJ/Young had an affair till it is spelled out in SGU in plain sight camp Nope. Not gonna happen. I can be pretty stubborn when I wanna be Now I'm gonna pray that it doesn't happen I've never prayed before

I haven't seen anything in the 4 eps that have aired so far to indicate anything about an affair. No I haven't seen "Light" yet
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah TJ/Scott seem to know each other pretty well in a strictly platonic sort of way. I just hope it stays that way and he doesn't go around the ship getting it off with every female he comes across
                              So with you on that... but then these are Stargate writers who have a terrific track record with writing romance...

I haven't seen anything in the 4 eps that have aired so far to indicate anything about an affair. No I haven't seen "Light" yet
                              I think you're just not seeing what you don't want to see But go on, if that works for you and makes you a happy little non-shipper...
                              I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                              I will never accept defeat.
                              I will never quit.
                              I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                              ------
                              "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                                So with you on that... but then these are Stargate writers who have a terrific track record with writing romance...
                                Oh they have a tremendous track record when it comes to writing romance [end sarcasm]

I think you're just not seeing what you don't want to see But go on, if that works for you and makes you a happy little non-shipper...
                                *nods head* Makes me very happy. Makes it easier for this shipper to try and become a non shipper
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X