TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young Impact/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    I still don't have faith that these guys can write romance into the show and write it properly. They have a lot to prove on that front IMO. And I question their ability to write it without it turning, ridiculous, juvenile or just plain bad
    ... is that not what the fandom is for?
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
      ... is that not what the fandom is for?
      hmmm, good point. The fic writers can fix the mistakes that happen in the show
      sigpic

Comment

hmmm, good point. The fic writers can fix the mistakes that happen in the show
        We've been doing that since the beginning, thus explaining why McKay ends up with Weir or Carter
        sigpic

Comment

We've been doing that since the beginning, thus explaining why McKay ends up with Weir or Carter
          Carter? Ooh Jack is not gonna be happy

The only person I could ever see him with was Cadman. There was a spark there

Ooh and look at that, we're not even off the first page yet and we've derailed the thread with off topicness already.......Ooh we are good *puffs chest out*
          sigpic

Comment

Actually we're not as off-topic as you think. The whole McKay-Cadman example is the perfect example of how there is always potential on the shows, but mostly it has been ignored. However here, with Young and TJ, we have the potential IMO, and they are not ignoring it this time, as they have been dropping little hints, and IMO if I consider these they have been progressing, evolving. So there's definitely some development according to me. That's why I'm saying that I hope they'll be able to keep this up, maybe turn it up just a little notch, and then develop it like they have been doing.

They have the ability of showing us past, present and future for this relationship.

So pretty please... Pretty please?

BTW notice how at that time McKay had something with Katie Brown, so technically that would have been a love triangle as well.

And the good thing about Katie/Rodney was that Katie was a more secondary character, so they did not have the problem of focus on the relationship, was mainly a b-plot. So as there are much more characters on SGU, and much more people on the Destiny that we get to see, and much more character development, and I think much more secrets and not so obvious relationships, this could quite become a relationship, that is believable, and not a focus on the screen.

So if you start comparing this to the other relationships we've seen this could turn out to be a really good one, if, and I stress the if, TPTB keep this way of development. Which I think they will because if would show how different SGU really is with a whole lot of characters passing on screen every episode and how we gradually learn bits and pieces about all of them. That's really were the 3D versus 1D character development would fit in, IMO of course.
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

The only person I could ever see him with was Cadman. There was a spark there
              Indeed. In my shippy heart-of-hearts, McCadman is my OTP. McWeir and McCarter I mainly support because it flies in the face of the Leading Man and Leading Lady always hooking up (a trope I utterly despise).

Ooh we are good *puffs chest out*
              *stares*
              Pfwa... um... I, uh... I think I was gonna say something here, but all I'm drawing is a blank.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                Actually we're not as off-topic as you think. The whole McKay-Cadman example is the perfect example of how there is always potential on the shows, but mostly it has been ignored. However here, with Young and TJ, we have the potential IMO, and they are not ignoring it this time, as they have been dropping little hints, and IMO if I consider these they have been progressing, evolving. So there's definitely some development according to me. That's why I'm saying that I hope they'll be able to keep this up, maybe turn it up just a little notch, and then develop it like they have been doing.

They have the ability of showing us past, present and future for this relationship.

So pretty please... Pretty please?

BTW notice how at that time McKay had something with Katie Brown, so technically that would have been a love triangle as well.

And the good thing about Katie/Rodney was that Katie was a more secondary character, so they did not have the problem of focus on the relationship, was mainly a b-plot. So as there are much more characters on SGU, and much more people on the Destiny that we get to see, and much more character development, and I think much more secrets and not so obvious relationships, this could quite become a relationship, that is believable, and not a focus on the screen.

So if you start comparing this to the other relationships we've seen this could turn out to be a really good one, if, and I stress the if, TPTB keep this way of development. Which I think they will because if would show how different SGU really is with a whole lot of characters passing on screen every episode and how we gradually learn bits and pieces about all of them. That's really were the 3D versus 1D character development would fit in, IMO of course.
                *pouts* Spoil my fun then

If I didn't know these particular PTB then I would have no problem with them writing in romance for characters in SGU. But unfortunately I do know these PTB (not personally ) and I have very little faith in them to be able to pull it off without it becoming juvenile or just plain bad hence the reason I am very reluctant for romance to included in SGU, but apparently it's more character driven so there is apparently definately gonna be romance so I can only hope it doesn't end up a farce and a complete mess. Like I said these guys have got a lot to prove on the romance writing front. I have very little hope left that they can actually do it. Some of the reasons why I am adamant to not ship anyone on SGU, been there done that got burnt pretty bad wore the T-shirt...Never again Bring in new writers with fresh ideas, that's what I say

I just hope SGU doesn't go the same way as SGA did. They had a chance to do something different, something new with SGA and they may have done in S1, but then they fell back on what they know and it ended up being too repetative to what they done on SG1. I hope they decide to take a chance on SGU and do something different, try new things and don't fall back on the status quo.

As for McKay/Cadman. They could have done this, they didn't need Katie. I never felt McKay/Katie ever worked anyways. But there were sparks between McKay/Cadman.

Indeed. In my shippy heart-of-hearts, McCadman is my OTP. McWeir and McCarter I mainly support because it flies in the face of the Leading Man and Leading Lady always hooking up (a trope I utterly despise).
                Well if Sam doesn't want Jack i'll take him

*stares*
                Pfwa... um... I, uh... I think I was gonna say something here, but all I'm drawing is a blank.
                *snicker*
                sigpic

Comment

*snicker*
                  ... you're evil.
                  sigpic

Comment

... you're evil.
                    meeeeeeeeee
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...amara_Johansen
                      "TJ had an affair with her colonel so that's kind of a very icky subject because he's her senior and that relationship is sort of dealt with and it's a little bit of an elephant in the room. You're military and then you're stuck on a ship in the middle of space with a guy you had an affair with, that's weird." -Alaina Huffman

This is from http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co..._Episode_Guide
                      In ep 1.15 'Lost'
                      "Tamara and Young must face some very troubling and personal news."

(So I'm thinking pregnancy? That's what I thought when I first read this spoiler, then a few days later I saw the news that Alaina's pregnant...)

So yeah I think they did have an affair. I had a feeling from the beginning when TJ was talking to Camille in the flashback that Camille was implying the relationship between them and then in (was in Darkness or Air 3?) when Camille and Young were talking in the hallway she was pretty much implying to him that he was the reason why TJ was resigning (well not implying but I got the impression that she was frowning upon it)...

Thanks for starting a thread on this topic, I think their relationship will be one that will turn into an interesting and complicated one, was looking for somewhere to discuss...

Comment

meeeeeeeeee
                        I've known you for less than five posts and already I can tell that you're lying. Lying like a rug!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I love the TJ character and the Young character respectively. I sort of saw a spark between them in the Pilot but not much since. I think they have under developed TJ so far and I hope that changes. I would like to know more about her...she is beautiful.

As far as a hook up between them.... I love the fact they are willing to pair up and do a Spring/Autumn romance....but I'm not sure I'd be totally for it. I think there would be obvious issues between them...like his wife.....who Young clearly loves and that would be just wrong...IMO.. But I can understand their desperate circumstances and physical human needs as well...so I could deal.

With the pregnancy issue...with TJ...well they will have to write it in some way...or only show head and shoulder shots of her....which will be hard to do...so the question is....who will the daddy be?? Maybe it will come out that she was already preggars when she came aboard.....who knows...but it will be interesting and I can't wait.

IDK...personally I was hoping to smush together Lt Scott and TJ...they would be hot...and then that would free up Chloe for Eli....cuz I love Eli and he deserves to get the girl!!
                          Originally posted by jelgate
                          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I've known you for less than five posts and already I can tell that you're lying. Lying like a rug!!
                            Damn, I gotta work on that

As for TJ/Young. I would like to see them develop a friendship and leave the romance out of it. Contrary to popular belief males and females can be friends without the romance getting in the way
                            sigpic

Comment

Damn, I gotta work on that
                              Not a chance now! I've got you *zooms* in my sights!

As for TJ/Young. I would like to see them develop a friendship and leave the romance out of it. Contrary to popular belief males and females can be friends without the romance getting in the way
                              Normally I'd agree with you, especially regarding Sam'n'Sir and Shep/Weir, two pairings that (as previously mentioned) I utterly despise. Same with 'ships like Inara/Mal, anything from BSG, most from B5... let's just say that I'm essentially the 'anti-obvious ship' of shippers.

And yet, I find myself rooting for TJ/Young. Maybe because it's mostly unexpected (TJ/Scott would be the "standard" or "expected" pairing), and because it would make the two characters much more interesting. Young seems to be devoted to his wife, and yet had an affair? Smells like a story there...
                              sigpic

Comment

Not a chance now! I've got you *zooms* in my sights!
                                Damn, oh well

Normally I'd agree with you, especially regarding Sam'n'Sir and Shep/Weir, two pairings that (as previously mentioned) I utterly despise. Same with 'ships like Inara/Mal, anything from BSG, most from B5... let's just say that I'm essentially the 'anti-obvious ship' of shippers.

And yet, I find myself rooting for TJ/Young. Maybe because it's mostly unexpected (TJ/Scott would be the "standard" or "expected" pairing), and because it would make the two characters much more interesting. Young seems to be devoted to his wife, and yet had an affair? Smells like a story there...
                                I didn't see Shep/Weir as an obvious ship cause they never intended to go with it anyways I liked the others though and throw in John/Teyla (keep your mind on that last one

I don't want there to be any ship between TJ/Young because I like Young and I'm beginning to like TJ too and IMO they could develop a really good friendship here. Men and Women can be really good friends without there being sex involved And personally from the scenes we've seen in the eps so far (discounting the trailers we've seen cause we all know they don't really tell us anything significant and most of the time is taken out of context) I haven't seen anything to indicate that they were anything other than friends.

As for TJ/Scott, well I can't see that ever happening. And I hope for my sanity it never does. That ship could be the McKeller of SGU IMO And that is so not a good thing Just like McKeller was in SGA, TJ/Scott would be a terrible match IMO

Now remember when I told you to keep your mind on that last one? Well this is the reason I refuse to fall into the shipping trap ever again on any show I watch from now on. They gave us these hints between them to get our hopes up and then.........BAM.......They rip our hearts out and feed them to the Lions Not only did they destroy any possibility and hope we had for them but they also destroyed their friendship too. In S5 it was like they barely even tolerated one another So this is the reason I have turned into an anti shipper in SGU, Something I thought I'd never be
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X