MSgt. Ronald Greer Discussion/Jamil Walker/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    Not to nitpick (okay, just correcting) it's Afghan, not Afgan. Basically, soldiers in the Middle East are coming back with more survivable TBI (traumatic brain injury) than in any other conflict/war. If Greer had sustained brain trauma (even a concussion) it could account for his behavior. Many soldiers get conked on the head and don't seek treatment, which is causing lots of problems... that would be believable in Greer's case, or PTSD.
    Or he could just have a low tolerance for jackasses. That makes far more sense to me.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Not to nitpick (okay, just correcting) it's Afghan, not Afgan. Basically, soldiers in the Middle East are coming back with more survivable TBI (traumatic brain injury) than in any other conflict/war. If Greer had sustained brain trauma (even a concussion) it could account for his behavior. Many soldiers get conked on the head and don't seek treatment, which is causing lots of problems... that would be believable in Greer's case, or PTSD.
      Bloody typos.

But the long term affects of combat on soldiers can lead to personality changes. Many soldiers that return from combat can still function perfectly fine, some are visibly affected, some less so but still have problems. I know people who suddenly go quiet when they here a particular song, they clam up because they will associate it with a friend they lost because it was their favourite music or they remember them listening to it or singing it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        Bloody typos.

But the long term affects of combat on soldiers can lead to personality changes. Many soldiers that return from combat can still function perfectly fine, some are visibly affected, some less so but still have problems. I know people who suddenly go quiet when they here a particular song, they clam up because they will associate it with a friend they lost because it was their favourite music or they remember them listening to it or singing it.
        In some respects, that's standard for any person. Play a song, they'll remember something special to them. Smells are the most powerful of the senses to bring back memories. But that isn't as prononced as PTSD, which can alter behavior patterns.

And, one good head injury can alter personality forever as well. It would be interesting if TBTB tackled TBI... but don't think so in this instant.

Any bets on *when* we find out what's been bugging Greer to make him so angry? I 'm thinking it will 2010 before we find out...

Comment

Any bets on *when* we find out what's been bugging Greer to make him so angry? I 'm thinking it will 2010 before we find out...
          My bet is in the episode "Lost"...
          Spoiler:
          We learn that Greer had an abusive father and a mother who was unwilling/unable to stop it.

Comment

In some respects, that's standard for any person. Play a song, they'll remember something special to them. Smells are the most powerful of the senses to bring back memories. But that isn't as prononced as PTSD, which can alter behavior patterns.

And, one good head injury can alter personality forever as well. It would be interesting if TBTB tackled TBI... but don't think so in this instant.

People tend to be really affected by memories of people however if their most prominent memory is searching for that persons arms and legs after they got caught in an IED blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
              I really like this Kino video. It shows a little more of Greer's personality.

http://au.tv.ign.com/dor/objects/142...p1_102109.html
              Greenage for you! Thanks for posting this Kino vid. Spying on Eli from the inside is definitely a Greerism.

Is this video considered one of the official Kino "webisodes" for SGU?
              sigpic

Comment

His abs are phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Radahldo View Post
                  His abs are phenomenal.
                  WORD!

He's one of my 2 favorite characters. Right up there with Young. Not sure who is THE fave. Love the Grunt.

The abs have it at the mo. <<yes, I have shallow moments)

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Radahldo View Post
                    His abs are phenomenal.
                    And yet he has no thunk thread...

Comment

I'm glad that all Greer did to get in lock-up was...
                      Spoiler:
                      ...knock Telford on his ass.
                      Even Young thought it was the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                        And yet he has no thunk thread...
                        He should certainly be in the top 3 of everyones "take a shower" list.

Comment

So now we know why Greer was in the cell in Air.

He decked Telford.

Good form, very good form

Young seemed pretty happy about it, and I wonder why Greer did it in the first place.

I'm gonna say racism, not for any reason, just throwing it out there cause I've got nothing else...
                          Meh.

Comment

Yeah Greer was brilliant this ep. Loved it how he decked that angry bald bloke.

Loyalty seems to be a MASSIVE thing for him so I am going to say that Telford did the wrong thing by a mate of Greer. Maybe Telford shagged his best mates missus?
                            sigpic

Comment

Loved it in the lottery when Greer decked that guy who was starting to get outta hand. Greer is gonna be this show's version of Teal'c. Love him already!

Comment

This episode was awesome for Greer, he's so far from the generic character many feared he'd be.

Comment

Working...
                                X