Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
    Hey Pound! Welcome here!

So... I killed the talk with my 'flirting' post?? That wasn't even a real flriting!, when I do that for real... oh, that is different!
    Didn't kill it for me... the crappy internet did! :s

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
      Didn't kill it for me... the crappy internet did! :s
      Good to hear! And sorry about the net.

sigpic

Comment

Interestingly, I think the breakout star of the season won't come from any of the networks' freshmen series. Rather, the newcomer with obvious staying power is Brian J. Smith of Syfy's promising new outer-space adventure Stargate Universe. A Texas native, the talented Smith has worked in theater for years, as detailed in a recent story on Theater Jones, the highly informative Web site created by Dallas Observer theater critic Elaine Liner. (It's worth noting that one need not be familiar with the dense mythology of past Stargate series to enjoy SGU.)
        Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ed-mar..._b_313218.html

Comment

scott like everyone else was forced into this situation .... how would you react??
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            scott like everyone else was forced into this situation .... how would you react??
            Probably less admirably, that's for sure. Indeed, I'm quite impressed with a lot of the characters thus far given their dire situation.
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
              Probably less admirably, that's for sure. Indeed, I'm quite impressed with a lot of the characters thus far given their dire situation.
              the way i look at it .. is that Scott and the other military just went into crisis mode and tried to keep order.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

the way i look at it .. is that Scott and the other military just went into crisis mode and tried to keep order.
                I agree. And I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I felt that Scott's uncertainty and inexperience definitely showed. He seems almost unbelievable in the "we'll lock you down" line, and that's not a criticism of the writers or the actor at all.

In fact, it's a compliment as it fits his character perfectly. I feel like he really wasn't sure what to say in such a situation, and his uncertainty definitely showed in his choice of words and the lack of conviction he seemed to have when he said it.

Of course...that's just my interpretation of that scene
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                  Young sees much promise in Lt. Scott. And from what I've seen so far, I've liked. He actually reminds me of Elliot and Grogan from SG1's Proving Ground, Summit/Last Stand, and The Sentinel. I always wanted to see those two, especially Grogan, develop from a rookie into a seasoned veteran and see it happen gradually on a long-term basis. I really like we're (hopefully) going to get this opportunity with Scott.
                  That is if Grogan would stop getting shot! hehehe

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                  : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                    That is if Grogan would stop getting shot! hehehe

Ah, poor Grogan. He did get shot twice in Proving Ground, and O'Neill was so fond of telling him that.

Ironically, it was Elliot who ended up dying in Summit/Last Stand while Grogan was still very much alive, kicking, and evading Jaffa patrols by the time of The Sentinel. Interestingly, they never followed up on these guys.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                      Ah, poor Grogan. He did get shot twice in Proving Ground, and O'Neill was so fond of telling him that.

Ironically, it was Elliot who ended up dying in Summit/Last Stand while Grogan was still very much alive, kicking, and evading Jaffa patrols by the time of The Sentinel. Interestingly, they never followed up on these guys.
                      Was that Grogen they found in the bushes as SG1 headed towards the city?

Wow I didn't realise that! I thought only Elliot was seen again!

Thanks dood!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                      : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        He made it to Lt. I think that qualifies as some experence

The thing is no one know about his fraternization.

And we don't know if this is his first SGC mission or not
                        all that means is he has a degree and went through officer's training....no actual experience necessary!
                        Last edited by Rac80; 09 October 2009, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Bingo! you understand the military mindset. Try passing this understanding off in the thread complaining about the "unrealistic" portrayal of the military.

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                            Was that Grogen they found in the bushes as SG1 headed towards the city?

Wow I didn't realise that! I thought only Elliot was seen again!

Thanks dood!

Yipper, that was good ol' Grogan. The thing is, we don't see Grogan again in SG-1 after that. I guess they didn't want to serialize the characters too much. That's going to be completely different with SGU. I think even minor characters like Riley, Volker, and Franklin will become more and more prominent as time goes along. They have to, otherwise it's just going to be the main cast all the time!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              Thanks for the infos!

Hey, look what I got for my birthday! 2 BJS siggies, yaaay!

The credit goes to GracefulSpirit... a Shepp thunker, yeah, those girls gonna show up here any minute!

sigpic

Comment

*runs in*
                                AHH!!!

I can't believe it's been a week since i've been in the thread!
                                I'm having withdrawwals!

I saw the 2 hours premiere and... wow.... BJS was awesome!!
                                The definite best in my opinion heehee

Have I missed any new pics?!

I'm thinking of bringing on someone to help with http://www.brian-j-smith.com in updating it & keeping the forum in order (as I think it may get busier with how fab he is in the show.)

Anyone here wanna help?
                                The Official Robin Dunne Website

Brian-J-Smith.Com

HenryFossAddicts.Com

Comment

Working...
                                X