No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone for the Birthday greetings. I had a pleasant day.

Not too much to do around here these days, OUAT is not back until way off in the fall. (I hope season 3 is better, RC parts where great but too short most of the time and the plot was all confused and disjointed. I'm not sure what they where after with all that) Maybe RC will show up at the Comic Con, although I don't think he really likes those things. I'm not sure I would either if I were someone like him. Seems stressful for the actors somehow. But maybe I'm wrong.

I liked the idea of some kind of theme for maybe a month at a time. We could do a mini writing thing where you tell what you would have had happen in a story or scene from any of RC's work. Or maybe just what you thought right after the scene ended. But it should be very short, just your thoughts, no pressure to be a great writer or anything like that. Just a fun little thing you might have thought about.

Here's one I imagined most likely happened after the scene we saw: Rush returns to Destiny after Malice. In the end scene we see him stand up and bravely face the Stargate. When he steps onto Destiny, he is characteristically stoic as he walks through the gate room, everyone is silent, some of the people there take the back pack from him perhaps with a bit more respect than before. But before he can get out of the room he collapses with exhaustion and must be once again put to bed! It seems Dr. Rush is always pushing himself to the limit.

Or: He drags himself stubbornly off to take a long hot shower, and then collapses in the shower! Oh my!

Or: Young gets him some of Brody's brew!

Okay that enough, off to bed I go!
    sigpic

Comment

I like that idea.
      Another way the writing could work is something like they do in the Theatrical Muse group on LJ. Every week (Or month if that works better) there would be a prompt like 'what is your greatest fear?'. Anybody participating would write 150 to 300 words answering that as one of RC's characters. (I can think of a few prompts it would be fun to answer as Mr. Gold.)
      sigpic
      The Terry O`Quinn Fansite
      My art and writing site

Comment

Thanks Duval for sharing some great pics with us, mind green!!!

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
        So one movie each week might be a bit to much for me.
        Themed days (or better weeks) are a good idea, too. Or something like the Sam/Jack Shipdays here in the forum.
        A movie a week would be to much, but every month could be doable.

Originally posted by xgirl30 View Post
        We could certainly start with theme days or weeks. We do that in a couple fan groups I'm a part of on Livejournal and it certainly livens things up.
        We also could try making the movie discussion monthly or bi-monthly if that would be easier for people.
        I love the ideas with the them weeks (or month?). We could use everthing from Bobby´s work and decide as a group what RC movie or show comes next?

We can also make some fanart challenges once in a while?

Originally posted by jeri View Post
        Thanks everyone for the Birthday greetings. I had a pleasant day.

Not too much to do around here these days, OUAT is not back until way off in the fall. (I hope season 3 is better, RC parts where great but too short most of the time and the plot was all confused and disjointed. I'm not sure what they where after with all that) Maybe RC will show up at the Comic Con, although I don't think he really likes those things. I'm not sure I would either if I were someone like him. Seems stressful for the actors somehow. But maybe I'm wrong.

I liked the idea of some kind of theme for maybe a month at a time. We could do a mini writing thing where you tell what you would have had happen in a story or scene from any of RC's work. Or maybe just what you thought right after the scene ended. But it should be very short, just your thoughts, no pressure to be a great writer or anything like that. Just a fun little thing you might have thought about.

Here's one I imagined most likely happened after the scene we saw: Rush returns to Destiny after Malice. In the end scene we see him stand up and bravely face the Stargate. When he steps onto Destiny, he is characteristically stoic as he walks through the gate room, everyone is silent, some of the people there take the back pack from him perhaps with a bit more respect than before. But before he can get out of the room he collapses with exhaustion and must be once again put to bed! It seems Dr. Rush is always pushing himself to the limit.

Or: He drags himself stubbornly off to take a long hot shower, and then collapses in the shower! Oh my!

Or: Young gets him some of Brody's brew!

Okay that enough, off to bed I go!

I am an awful writer but I am sure it would be cool to do something like that. I always had certain Ideas for fanfictions in my head but I had no Idea how to write them down.

Originally posted by xgirl30 View Post
        I like that idea.
        Another way the writing could work is something like they do in the Theatrical Muse group on LJ. Every week (Or month if that works better) there would be a prompt like 'what is your greatest fear?'. Anybody participating would write 150 to 300 words answering that as one of RC's characters. (I can think of a few prompts it would be fun to answer as Mr. Gold.)
        Sounds like fun.

I really would have loved a little response to my last Rush vid, did at least someone here liked it? If not, what you don´t like about it. It´s funny that if you proud of something you made other people don´t seem to be very fond of, now I know why some actors play roles in really awful movies, and than the whole thing don´t turn out the way they had hoped.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
          Thanks Duval for sharing some great pics with us, mind green!!!

A movie a week would be to much, but every month could be doable.

I love the ideas with the them weeks (or month?). We could use everthing from Bobby´s work and decide as a group what RC movie or show comes next?

We can also make some fanart challenges once in a while?

I am an awful writer but I am sure it would be cool to do something like that. I always had certain Ideas for fanfictions in my head but I had no Idea how to write them down.

Sounds like fun.
          I like the idea of including fanart too.
          I'm sure writing as different characters would be fun. (I wrote as a character from Lost and one from Carnivale when I was a part of Theatrical Muse and I found it a lot of fun most of the time.)
          I really would have loved a little response to my last Rush vid, did at least someone here liked it? If not, what you don´t like about it. It´s funny that if you proud of something you made other people don´t seem to be very fond of, now I know why some actors play roles in really awful movies, and than the whole thing don´t turn out the way they had hoped.
          Your vid was great. (Sorry I didn't comment sooner.)
          I liked the song choice. It fit well with the images.
          sigpic
          The Terry O`Quinn Fansite
          My art and writing site

Comment

Sorry myhelix, I forgot to say something about your video. I liked it very much, so much that I downloaded it and added it to my collection. A very exclusive collection! It consists of excellent videos featuring Mr. Carlyle, mostly in SGU, and a very few other things in there too, like farming stuff!

I like the song a lot, I had not heard it before, and it describes something about Rush, he is running. I think you did a great job with the fade in and out from one scene to another. I like that effect much better than the abrupt cuts. I would like to learn how to do videos like that some day if I can find the time.
            sigpic

Comment

I agree, myhelix, I liked it a lot, too!!! Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by jeri View Post
              Sorry myhelix, I forgot to say something about your video. I liked it very much, so much that I downloaded it and added it to my collection. A very exclusive collection! It consists of excellent videos featuring Mr. Carlyle, mostly in SGU, and a very few other things in there too, like farming stuff!

I like the song a lot, I had not heard it before, and it describes something about Rush, he is running. I think you did a great job with the fade in and out from one scene to another. I like that effect much better than the abrupt cuts. I would like to learn how to do videos like that some day if I can find the time.
              sigpic

Comment

Haha, I'm glad I found work for this month, I will work in the vineyards, to a castle, it's great
                sigpic
                by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Yay! Congrats on finding work! I'll bet it's beautiful where you will be working!
                  Originally posted by Duval View Post
                  Haha, I'm glad I found work for this month, I will work in the vineyards, to a castle, it's great
                  sigpic

Comment

Carlyle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duval View Post
                      Great news! Working outside is nice, but working in a beautiful scenery is even nicer.

Your smilies are always awesome.

And myhelix, how did you manage to upload the vid? I couldn't watch it because I'm in Germany
                      I watched it now, there are ways, and I liked it a lot.
                      sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                        by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

sigpic
                          by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

sigpic
                            by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

sigpic