No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey girls, the RC forum is a bit quiet this whole year and I would love to brainstorm with all members how to "reanimate" it a bit. Any suggestions for that?

Except to bring back SGU S3! What would be, of course, the ultimate fangirl dream come true. I know that some here are not so fond of OUAT, myself, I like Mr. Gold but I was more crazy about the Stargate episodes.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
      Hey girls, the RC forum is a bit quiet this whole year and I would love to brainstorm with all members how to "reanimate" it a bit. Any suggestions for that?

Except to bring back SGU S3! What would be, of course, the ultimate fangirl dream come true. I know that some here are not so fond of OUAT, myself, I like Mr. Gold but I was more crazy about the Stargate episodes.

I've often wondered how others thought how SGU would've ended if it had continued. Personally, I feel that CleanWhiteRoom's "Force Over Distance" http://archiveofourown.org/works/578...apters/1037796 is the definite conclusion. I love the other AU the writer is doing, but I wonder. How do you think it would've ended if the series had continue.
      Also, do any of you think that the petition to bring back SG will ultimately win?

Comment

How about a rewatch of some kind? Either SGU or maybe choose one of RC's movies each week to watch and discuss. (I've been watching or rewatching all the ones I can get my hands on and I'd love to discuss some of them.)
        We also could try themed posting days (or weeks). (Themes like different shows or movies, white shirt, shirtless, etc.)
        sigpic
        The Terry O`Quinn Fansite
        My art and writing site

Comment

I think that's a very good idea. New photos, too, as we can find them.

Originally posted by xgirl30 View Post
          How about a rewatch of some kind? Either SGU or maybe choose one of RC's movies each week to watch and discuss. (I've been watching or rewatching all the ones I can get my hands on and I'd love to discuss some of them.)
          We also could try themed posting days (or weeks). (Themes like different shows or movies, white shirt, shirtless, etc.)
          sigpic

Comment

New photos, find on trumbl ^^

sigpic
            by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

sigpic
              by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

sigpic
                by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

sigpic
                  by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

sigpic
                    by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

sigpic
                      by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

very very cute smile ^^

sigpic
                        by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

I would be very happy about SGU, but that's not going to happen. And I like Mr. Gold, but I don't like the rest of it enough to watch OUAT.
                          I haven't been around lately because RL kept me occupied, and other fandoms as well. A rewatch of SGU would be nice, but as I know from the forum's Stargate rewatch I don't have so much time. I have other things I'd like to watch, and I don't want to spend every evening at my computer to watch something. So one movie each week might be a bit to much for me.
                          Themed days (or better weeks) are a good idea, too. Or something like the Sam/Jack Shipdays here in the forum.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Duval View Post
                            He does have a lovely smile in that pic.

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                            I would be very happy about SGU, but that's not going to happen. And I like Mr. Gold, but I don't like the rest of it enough to watch OUAT.
                            I haven't been around lately because RL kept me occupied, and other fandoms as well. A rewatch of SGU would be nice, but as I know from the forum's Stargate rewatch I don't have so much time. I have other things I'd like to watch, and I don't want to spend every evening at my computer to watch something. So one movie each week might be a bit to much for me.
                            Themed days (or better weeks) are a good idea, too. Or something like the Sam/Jack Shipdays here in the forum.
                            We could certainly start with theme days or weeks. We do that in a couple fan groups I'm a part of on Livejournal and it certainly livens things up.
                            We also could try making the movie discussion monthly or bi-monthly if that would be easier for people.

Originally posted by wolfsong View Post
                            Hi to everyone. Lovely to see new 'faces' appearing too. I am so envious of you Nancy actually meeting RC. He really does sound lovely. Saw the personal appearance advertised at EIFF, but although it was only Thursday when I tried the tickets had already sold out. BOO HOO. Probably the only chance I will ever get to see him, as I will never be able to afford to go to Canada.
                            By the way, I live not that far from Scotland, about 1.5hrs down from Glasgow on the train, so there are quite a few scottish accents round here. I find Robert's Once accent a soft Scottish, although not quite as soft as Rush. There's a clear difference between that and the American ones when you hear it all the time. And if you think he's hard to follow as Gold...you'd need subtitles to understand Begbie, lol. That's Glaswegian, and at full speed they are sometimes hard to follow.
                            Although I cheerfully admit that I would 'follow' our own special Glaswegian anywhere..
                            You're right about Begbie. When I watched Trainspotting I had to rewind the DVD several times and re-listen to parts. Otherwise I couldn't completely understand what was being said. (Surprisingly, I've had no problem with RC's accent in anything else I've seen him in, including Hamish Macbeth.)
                            sigpic
                            My art and writing site

Comment

Just a little fun for Monday.

sigpic
                              My art and writing site

Comment

naughty, naughty!
                                sigpic

Comment