by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

sigpic
      by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

sigpic
        by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Hi guys, though I should say hello since I've been stalking this thread for a little while! I've on and off liked SG for a while now, but never really followed the franchise seriously; it used to be on on Sunday afternoons whilst I was sat there doing coursework! Daniel was my favourite character back then. (I never much rated SGA really) ...Anyhow happened to catch Air about a month ago and I've since bought the boxset and inhaled the rest of the show rabidly!

Of course Rush is my absolute favourite character, and I think it's a crime that the show was cancelled. I've always been aware of RC as an excellent actor, but SGU has made me actually take notice of him... (I've been pleasantly surprised by how much of his work I already own!) So I've been rewatching Trainspotting, Plunkett and Macleane, The Full Monty et al. too recently and I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of a Hamish Macbeth boxset

Coincidentally I'd bought a sculpt with RC's likeness in an attempt to make a Sam Vimes custom figure a few months back... I thought it had the right kind of bone structure for my idea of Vimes, and now of course it's going to have to become Nicholas Rush

Incredibly jealous of everyone at ComicCon! Nice to see that RC really is as lovely as he seems!

Comment

Welcome here Vetinari, always nice to have new RC fans around!
            sigpic

Comment

*rolls into the thread*
              Hello, everyone! How're you doing?

For the last few days I've been travelling around China, I was in Hong Kong and Beijing, now I am in Xian, and the most interesting is still coming!
              I took a lot of pictures, maybe share some of them with you later
              I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

Thanks! Now I've actually noticed him I think it'll be hard to not follow what he's doing avidly!

Gah! 12th Doctor is being announced Sunday evening... I know RC is tied up with OUAT but I can dream right?

Also: Anyone else follow CleanWhiteRoom's fanfic multiverse?

Loved Force Over Distance, though I despised Rush's fate - perfect though it was. Ad Noctum is looking similarly tragic, and even Mathematique, the so-called "lighthearted" one has the poor man having audio/visual hallucinations induced by seizures that should by all accounts be giving him brain-damage! I really hope Rush gets a non-tragic ending on at least one Brane!

But for all that I try to avoid tragic endings for characters that I love this series/whatever it is, is so brilliantly written and has such perfect characterisation that I can't help but follow it in awe! (I mean CWR has somehow managed to make me not hate Eli - that's a miracle in itself; when I watch the show I find myself praying that the crew will run out of food and eat him...)
                Last edited by Vetinari; 01 August 2013, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vetinari View Post
                  Thanks! Now I've actually noticed him I think it'll be hard to not follow what he's doing avidly!

Gah! 12th Doctor is being announced Sunday evening... I know RC is tied up with OUAT but I can dream right?

Also: Anyone else follow CleanWhiteRoom's fanfic multiverse?

Loved Force Over Distance, though I despised Rush's fate - perfect though it was. Ad Noctum is looking similarly tragic, and even Mathematique, the so-called "lighthearted" one has the poor man having audio/visual hallucinations induced by seizures that should by all accounts be giving him brain-damage! I really hope Rush gets a non-tragic ending on at least one Brane!

But for all that I try to avoid tragic endings for characters that I love this series/whatever it is, is so brilliantly written and has such perfect characterisation that I can't help but follow it in awe! (I mean CWR has somehow managed to make me not hate Eli - that's a miracle in itself; when I watch the show I find myself praying that the crew will run out of food and eat him...)
                  Hey, First, Welcome, it's always nice to see new followers of RC ^^

I also read the stories of CWR, I think she is the best writer of Fanfiction I read and I read a lot. Force Over Distance was a wonderful story, I love Mathematique, is also a very good story and promises to be long, CWR almost wrote 50 chapters.

CWR has a great writing, I like the way "play" Rush, dialogues, how the text is constructed, I really admire.

And I agree, CWR make me love Eli, while in SGU I've never like this boy arogant, lazy, I try to love Eli but I think if I would have been on the ship, he certainly would not have been my friend.
                  Last edited by Duval; 01 August 2013, 07:06 PM.
                  sigpic
                  by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Varda View Post
                    *rolls into the thread*

For the last few days I've been travelling around China, I was in Hong Kong and Beijing, now I am in Xian, and the most interesting is still coming!
                    Hi Varda, I'm fine and you ?

Oh, you're lucky to travel to China, my sister thought to go in China, one day, drive from my home, which is a very long road.
                    sigpic
                    by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Vetinari,
                      Hi!
                      I've read FoD, and this is really one of the best fics I've ever read. I love it very much. Unfortunately, I haven't read CWR's other stories so far, but I hope to return to them as soon as I'm done with Assassin's Creed fanfiction.

Duval,
                      I'm also fine, thanks. A bit tired, though, as today was full of travelling, museums and old stories.

sigpic

Comment

*rolls into the thread*

Wow, that's great. I hope you enjoy your trip.
                        I'm still a bit upset about my upcoming holiday because I can't do the things I want. At least I'll try to visit Plockton.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cairi,
                          I do enjoy!
                          Here, have a photo of me in the Forbidden City of Beijing
                          http://cs412820.vk.me/v412820665/27e6/nsMrSF9bGUM.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Cairi,
                            I do enjoy!
                            Here, have a photo of me in the Forbidden City of Beijing
                            http://cs412820.vk.me/v412820665/27e6/nsMrSF9bGUM.jpg
                            Nice! Seems to be hot over there too.
                            sigpic

Comment

I want a boyfriend like Bobby
                              sigpic
                              by AresLover452 ^^

Comment

Hi all, hope you are all well.
                                Duval....me too puhleeese ...if he could keep up with me lol!! And I just love that last pic you posted of himself at the football match. He just looks so totally relaxed and happy without that wary, 'whats next' expression in his eyes.
                                Vetrinari, great name, another Pratchett fan in general? Or just Ankh Morpork? Just finished reading Good Omens, put it down for two seconds and now OH is giggling quietly.
                                Cairi, how's the kicked arm now? My nag swung her head round the other day and cracked the side of my head with her jaw. Oww is the polite bit of what I said. Don't suppose you'll visit Glasgow while in Scotland? We could possibly meet if you are, it's not that long on the train for me?
                                Can I join the grape picking crew please. I'm currently jobless and bored stupid, although it is giving me chance to do some serious RC watching. On 'The Mighty Celt' at the moment, but have a few more lined up. Also watched B's Comic Con interview, very good, and I love the talking hands too, especially the 'firework' remark.
                                Although joining Varda meditating might do me more good. I envy you Varda, you're seeing so many wonderful places.

Comment

Working...
                                X