Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
    Just can agree with everything here, the other show have at least 5 Seasons. I am even more pissed about the people who are just on the forums to see SGU fail.
    I wish I would get my five Season run, so my disappointment would be a bit more bearable. But see it go after the cast and crew gave everything to make a fantastic show is devastating and now?! Quality is gone.
    Some people work their for 17 years.
    Now after Star Trek and Star Wars my third space show is officially dead and that makes me more sad as I can say.
    Also feel very bad for the actors they where so enthusiastic about SGU and so was I. Damn the haters!
    This is also something I am sorry about. Finally a quality show and people do not appreciate I think the actors did really great, some even more than great, and whatfor? SGU's RC wins an award for the best actor and the show gets cancelled. Do not understand the world .... or better do not want to understand the world.

there is a new thread asking "What is your fantasy ending for SGU?". There are some interesting replies, but there is one sarcastic one, I just wanted to repeat Here it is:
    garhkhal: Hows about the ship comes out of FTL with all the controls gone and is aimed straight at the HQ building for Scifi, and is on such a ramming speed it will so thoroughly destroy the building and all the scifi executives in it, that nothing remains...
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

looking for some 'positiveness' .....

some RC pictures maybe?

even if the situation seems terrible, somehow we always manage to come out of it - like Gaz on that car in the middle of the canal

so for now I am off, not before leaving an RC picture:

Last edited by mi_guard; 06 January 2011, 05:56 AM.
      Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Comment

Want to know what the problem was?

SGU is/was intelligent. Intelligence doesn't sell, especially in America.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post

A lot of them just want mindless action and TV where they don´t have to think about their program. It sucks, the whole world suck big time, every year a lot more!
          sigpic

Comment

There's a saying - 'Don't cry because it's over, smile that it happened'. I used to tell that to myself with SG-1, can't do the same with SGU. Not yet. The show is gone too soon.
            I wish I could follow that saying but I can't, I can never do it if the series doesn't get a proper ending

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
            Agree with bot of you SGU had so much potential. Remembering that it should have been a 5 years story, makes me sad. wondering what we all missed. At least they should have given it 1 more season to close (or at least half a season), so the story could have come to a more decent end.

I am sorry for the cast and crew. Hopefully they will soon find some new interesting jobs. Wondering what RC will do, look for something new in America or back home.
            I hope the cast and crew find new jobs in better places than SyFy and I hope RC finds something truly amazing

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
            Good to see you here around

Yeah, it really sucks. It ends too soon. Before yesterday I thought the time till the second half coundn't go fast enough, but now I hope the end will never come.

Anyway, I enjoyed and still enjoy being here with all of you so much, so I hope you will hang around here in the future, I will do it!
            I'm really dreading the second half of the season

I will continue to hang around here, I can't let go of all the great people I've met here

This is also something I am sorry about. Finally a quality show and people do not appreciate I think the actors did really great, some even more than great, and whatfor? SGU's RC wins an award for the best actor and the show gets cancelled. Do not understand the world .... or better do not want to understand the world.

there is a new thread asking "What is your fantasy ending for SGU?". There are some interesting replies, but there is one sarcastic one, I just wanted to repeat Here it is:
            That is my fantasy ending too, talk about poetic justice. If only...

That is sad but so true, every time I get into a show that has an amount of intelligence it gets cancelled. I should have seen this coming but I didn't.

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
            A lot of them just want mindless action and TV where they don´t have to think about their program. It sucks, the whole world suck big time, every year a lot more!
            I agree, I just keep hoping for things to change for the best but they don't
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Oh lookie, I've passed my 2000th post here... Yay? Wish it could've happened on happier times.

My apologies to those who don't want that much pessisim, sadness and negativity here. It's going to take some time (for me) to get over it.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh lookie, I've passed my 2000th post here... Yay? Wish it could've happened on happier times.

My apologies to those who don't want that much pessisim, sadness and negativity here. It's going to take some time (for me) to get over it.
                  Congrats!

It will be tough for any of us to be positive
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I have a very stupid question : but how do you know how many posts you have made in this thread ? I never remarked any indication, but sometimes I walk blindly through life

and with regard to the pessimism, sadness, etc., assume it will take some more days plus/minus and then it will start to improve day by day - we will try to confort each other

Last edited by mi_guard; 05 January 2011, 03:18 PM.
                    Grimm returns October 24
                    sigpic

Comment

I have a very stupid question : but how do you know how many posts you have made in this thread ? I never remarked any indication, but sometimes I walk blindly through life
                      Hover your mouse over this thread's red chevron in the Characters and Relationships folder. Or more on the right, click on the 'Replies: (number)'. Let me know if you got it. You've currently got 504 posts.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hover your mouse over this thread's red chevron in the Characters and Relationships folder. Or more on the right, click on the 'Replies: (number)'. Let me know if you got it. You've currently got 504 posts.
                        oh, I see, I found it thanks, I learned something new

(we could change the top sentence on this picture )
                        Last edited by mi_guard; 05 January 2011, 03:19 PM.
                        Grimm returns October 24
                        sigpic

Comment

*more thread hugs*

RC will go on to do something amazing because that's what RC does. That alone is keeping my spirits up - I know that there is always something to look forward to with him, because he is the greatest actor of our times. He's our Olivier - it's just that the rest of humanity (apart from us and a few other smart folk) hasn't realised it yet.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                            *more thread hugs*

RC will go on to do something amazing because that's what RC does. That alone is keeping my spirits up - I know that there is always something to look forward to with him, because he is the greatest actor of our times. He's our Olivier - it's just that the rest of humanity (apart from us and a few other smart folk) hasn't realised it yet.
                            you mean Laurence Olivier?

RC is very talented and versatile - Look at all the characters he played

Last edited by mi_guard; 05 January 2011, 03:22 PM.
                            Grimm returns October 24
                            sigpic

Comment

Found those on DA. Two beautiful drawings of RC as Rush, really wonderful to look at:

http://daviddeb.deviantart.com/art/S...F27734479&qo=4

http://daviddeb.deviantart.com/art/D...F27734479&qo=3

The artist works for MGM, here's his SGU folder, full with other amazing goodies:
                              http://daviddeb.deviantart.com/gallery/27734479
                              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                                Found those on DA. Two beautiful drawings of RC as Rush, really wonderful to look at:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...7a-d34zxe1.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...19-d34yi7p.jpg

The artist works for MGM, here's his SGU folder, full with other amazing goodies:
                                http://daviddeb.deviantart.com/gallery/27734479
                                the second one is impressive !!!!

es!, thanks for sharing
                                Grimm returns October 24
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X