• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*thunks* nice picture, very nice indeed. Loving the glasses
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      *gasps breathlessly* Glasses. OMG. He looks absolutely, splendidly and magnificently good

Spoilered 'cos it's from the new Skiffy promo for 2009/2010...
      Spoiler:
      Oh yes! the glasses are a nice touch
      "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
      "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
      Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Better shots of RC from the Skiffy 2009/2010 promo

Spoiler:

Clickety

sigpic

Comment

YAY!!! woohoo! finally!
          Better shots of RC from the Skiffy 2009/2010 promo

Spoiler:

Clickety

"But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
          Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

teehee

Comment

*weeeeeee* Happy birthday (April 14) to the one and only Mr Robert Carlyle

And to celebrate this momentous occasion, I'm launching my RC fansite

Click!
              sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Rob!!!

Comment

New piccie from syfy

Clickety!
                  sigpic

Comment

New piccie from syfy

Clickety!
                    niiiice pic!!!

Comment

Ok Lah...I found my fave part of your site!
                      On meeting the Queen to receive his OBE
                      'Carlyle said when the Queen first saw him she asked "How did you get in here?" BBC News Entertainment'
                      XD seeee even Her Majesty can crack a joke XD

Comment

Loved that
                        But he was looking all shaven and Renard-y
                        sigpic

Comment

Loved that
                          But he was looking all shaven and Renard-y
                          hehe all Bond-villianish *imagines Her Majesty do the en gard action with the knighting sword*

Comment

hey, I just listed to him speaking on the latest trailer out...doesn't sound like they're using his own accent...it's a different type of the Scottish accent

Comment

Yeah, it sounds like he's toned it down a bit - which makes sense when you consider how difficult it can be for foreigners to understand his Glaswegian burr. He toned it down for Hamish Macbeth but there are plenty of lines that BBCAmerica viewers ask about on the Hamish yahoo list. I think it's a question of exposure, and outside the UK people are just not that exposed to Scottish accents. We Aussies have the advantage of growing up with the British fare on the ABC
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it sounds like he's toned it down a bit - which makes sense when you consider how difficult it can be for foreigners to understand his Glaswegian burr. He toned it down for Hamish Macbeth but there are plenty of lines that BBCAmerica viewers ask about on the Hamish yahoo list. I think it's a question of exposure, and outside the UK people are just not that exposed to Scottish accents. We Aussies have the advantage of growing up with the British fare on the ABC
                                ROFL! yeah...I'm like 'what is it they can't understand?' have understood everything I've ever heard a Scotsman say then again...I do have some Scottish blood in me from way back...maybe it's that LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X