No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen him but I'm looking forward to it.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
      I've never seen him but I'm looking forward to it.
      When he was first cast, I remembered him from Formula 51 (a.k.a The 51st State), though that character was way different than Rush . I'd never seen Trainspotting or The Full Monty, but now I recognize him from various other things as well.

In any case, it's nice to know he's a very talented and accomplished actor.
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        lassie? why the heck was he talking about a dog?
        not sure if u know or not, but in scotland lassie is also another world for "girl".

However we also call an ugly girl a "dog". So part of me is wondering if u know the lingo and are joking or what? LOL

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
        from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
          When he was first cast, I remembered him from Formula 51 (a.k.a The 51st State), though that character was way different than Rush . I'd never seen Trainspotting or The Full Monty, but now I recognize him from various other things as well.

In any case, it's nice to know he's a very talented and accomplished actor.
          I'd recommend seeing Trainspotting, its brilliant.
          From the clips that we've seen, he seems to be playing Rush very well.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tawny View Post
            I'd recommend seeing Trainspotting, its brilliant.
            From the clips that we've seen, he seems to be playing Rush very well.
            I agree.

Of course, I can't judge too in-depth yet...but I like what I've seen so far
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

I think the only thing I've seen him in where he isn't a "bad guy" is the T.V. show Hamish Macbeth where he is a police officer. I don't know if the show ever made it to any other country, but I'm sure there must be one or two of the British members here who've at least heard of it, if not seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wib View Post
                I think the only thing I've seen him in where he isn't a "bad guy" is the T.V. show Hamish Macbeth where he is a police officer. I don't know if the show ever made it to any other country, but I'm sure there must be one or two of the British members here who've at least heard of it, if not seen it.
                It was extremely popular in Australia, and our US GWers can catch it on BBC America

But he's been a good guy in other things too
                sigpic

Comment

yeah he was quite a famous face in this country from the friendly Bobby (pardon the pun) Hamish macBeth. He played a good guy in the full Monty. Wasnt really a film about goodies vs baddies, but he wasn't an a$$ hole or a dick in it.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                  from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

I've seen him in most of his stuff so can't wait. Love his accent too.
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I recently got my Dad into SG-1, and we have been going through my season sets together. We are up to season 4 right now.

He was interested when I told him about SGU.

He got really excited when I told him about Robert Carlyle being the lead. We both absolutely loved him in 28 Weeks Later.He was easily my favorite character and actor in the film and I was rooting for him the whole time.

So with SGU this will be the first time we watch an airing of a new Stargate episode on television and we're looking forward to it.
                      "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

I just sold my brother and his wife on it with the mention of Robert Carlyle too. They've watched most of SG1 and are planning on checking out SGA some time, but they'll be watching SGU from the start.
                        sigpic

Comment

They're showing the Full Monty here tonight on the TV.
                          Saw the ad the other day- & took one look at RC & thought "Full Monty"- & I instantly have to stop myself from laughing at the ad.........dunno why.
                          I keep thinking about SGU when I see the ad....maybe that's why........

My sis just found out about Universe. Not that we'll see it anytime soon- we don't have Scifi or pay tv. And ch 7's NEVER going to play it (they still owe the Aussies S4 & 5 of Atlantis! Angry emails heading their way from moi!)

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Just saw the interview on the front page of GW. It was very good. Especially Robert with a beard!

Thunk!

Comment

Grey! *huggles* Nice to see you! Been a long time!
                              Thunk indeed I adore the beard
                              sigpic

Comment

Maybe he'll grow one on SGU.

Comment

Working...
                                X