Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
    It was never released on DVD as far as I can tell. I bought a VHS tape off Ebay.
    Some of the viewers who commented claimed to have a DVD, but maybe they're outside Region 1 or something. The audio quality on a VHS is apt to be decidedly worse than a DVD (if the distributor has bothered to take advantage of tech) and I had a fiercesome time understanding the Edinburgh accent. Glaswegian, even Highland, seems easier. Unfortunately, most of episode 2 was without audio and it was pivotal within the series.

Still, it was pleasant to watch RC in something I've not seen before. Once again, he's a character you hate to love, but he does it so well!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
      Some of the viewers who commented claimed to have a DVD, but maybe they're outside Region 1 or something. The audio quality on a VHS is apt to be decidedly worse than a DVD (if the distributor has bothered to take advantage of tech) and I had a fiercesome time understanding the Edinburgh accent. Glaswegian, even Highland, seems easier. Unfortunately, most of episode 2 was without audio and it was pivotal within the series.

Still, it was pleasant to watch RC in something I've not seen before. Once again, he's a character you hate to love, but he does it so well!
      I got the impression they were Dodgy Brothers DVDs from erm, outside the mainstream, shall we say. I don't believe there was ever an official release on DVD and I think it's likely these were the VHS tape transferred to DVD.

After being used to the Weegie accent, I did have to retune into Edinburgh.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes

Yeah, another Floridian!
          Welcome to this thread!

Yes, Florida Rocks
          and so does Rush
          sigpic

Comment

Another VFX Diary - http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/0...-space-aliens/ - and this time it's about "Space" aliens. Also talks about Rush fighting with one of them.
            sigpic

Comment

Have you all seen it? Our Profiles are back, a big THANK YOU!!! for the people who fixed it!

And the design is a little bit different.

@Egle01
              That's an interesting article. Nice insight of the work those people are doing.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                Have you all seen it? Our Profiles are back, a big THANK YOU!!! for the people who fixed it!
                Yessss! I'm so freaking happy.

@Egle01
                That's an interesting article. Nice insight of the work those people are doing.
                Yeah, I'm loving those articles.

So, SGU S1 set has been released in the UK. Has anyone from here bought it? If so, got any kewl RC/Rush stuff to share?
                sigpic

Comment

Love them, thanks for sharing! The painting from es was also a great analogy for Rush´s character, well done!
                  sigpic

Comment

Ohh, Rush, m'dear. I know how you feel. It's ridiculously hot here too.
                    sigpic

Comment

It's definitely the eyes. I firmly believe that RC's ability to act through his eyes is one of the reasons he's such a great performer. I'm very critical of actors. Are they waiting to deliver a line or are they actually responding to another person? Can they convince me that they're someone else, through voice, body language, and EYES? If the eyes lose me, I'm turned off by the performance.

Concerning the beautiful pictures from Jackson-Rush-Fan , in this scene it's all about the eyes, no question. Carlyle knows how to use his whole personality, including all body-parts, to express precise what he what to. That's a good example for his skills.
                      What's that saying...about the eyes being the gateway to the soul? Definitely seems to fit here.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just to ad a little bit material into the clothing discussion, compare those two scenes:
                        1. from "Time" (MGM-Bts, but it's the same he wore in the episode)
                        http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/x...8-0002xb-2.jpg

2. from "Subversion"
                        http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/x...0h37m45s55.png

Do you see it?

2 different shirts. It seems he's something to change
                        I don't see the difference.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                          I don't see the difference.
                          The second one is bigger and has a pocket.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Selene1212; 14 July 2010, 01:10 PM. Reason: Trying to add image...

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            [CENTER]Ohh, Rush, m'dear. I know how you feel. It's ridiculously hot here too.
                            Have to agree. Temps this last week have been nigh unto a hundred, but here in Georgia it's more like

than

We've been without air all season...until TODAY! I can sleep tonight with the doors and windows closed and no fan blowing across the bed.

Here's a vid with a smidgeon of RC background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQuNUZD3Zbk
                            Last edited by kansaikimono; 14 July 2010, 06:53 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

This may be old news, however I just saw that "Plunkett & Macleane" is streaming on Netflix.

Comment

Here's a vid with a smidgeon of RC background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQuNUZD3Zbk
                                Thank soooooooo much for posting that link - I had lost the vid and couldn't find it again! *smooches*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X