Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
    Sometimes, there are details that just niggle and drive you nuts for no sane reason. Since "Subversion" I've suspected SG Wardrobe is cheating. RC is wearing the same jeans in "Subversion" as he did in "Human." The one episode is a dream sequence and in the other he should be wearing Telford's pants! (No, noting which pants RC is wearing is not an obsession.)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...4_human_20.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...bversion18.jpg
    Yeah, I recognised this directly. But, didn't you know, that the jeans label is extremely famous, so that nearly everybody in SGU own one of those?

Another wardrobe goof that annoys:

Rush has just returned to Destiny via the stones and is headed for the control room when Brody cuts him off from the LA invaders who are quickly rounding up hostages. He's still wearing the fatigues Telford changed into when he came aboard Destiny.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ndshooting.jpg

While Kiva is still herding hostages and making decisions about which ones she wants to shoot, Rush appears in the control room wearing his regular clothes.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ofclothing.jpg

I don't think Rush hurried out of the Infirmary for a wardrobe change and I can't imagine his character caring about what he's wearing in the middle of a crisis!
    I understand what you mean, the way the scenes followed, looks like there was not enough time for the changing. But he must have at least some minutes, so he could do it. One thing I thought at this point was, the change was necessary, and it was also necessary to take the time (in fact it'd took a few min., not more). Do you know what happens when somebody dies? All muscles in the body relax. And, I really mean all, which is extremely embarrassing for the person (Telford), after the revivification (and exactly that happened less than 1 hour before). It's not shown here (and I understand, nobody want to see that), but I thought that's in the end the best way to explain it, comprehensible. Ellie's explanation in Post #5632 is also a good, but less imperative way to make sense of the action. And, btw who wants to have Rush in fatigues?

If you like those details, check this out.

In the episode "Pain," Camille is dressed in blue, but Greer sees her in red.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...o/camille1.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...o/camille2.jpg

Apparently, Stargate Command makes all the women shop at the same store. Camille and Chloe are wearing the same blouse, just a different color.

And when you look at the crowd scenes, practically everyone is dressed in the same colors and style of clothing. I don't know about you, but where I work, people dress DRASTICALLY different from each other. And yes, I know that costumers put extras in dull, solid colors (blues, reds, black, brown and cream for SGU) so the main characters stand out visually, but I think they've carried the idea a bit too far. How many cardigans, cowl necks, and button downs can you count?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ono/crowd2.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ono/crowd1.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ono/crowd3.jpg
    The miracle with Camile's wardobe in "Pain" is explained (the red dress was Greer's hallucination, cos the wore this shirt in "Divided").

If you look more careful to the clothes, you see all of them look quite different, even if the style is a little bit similar. I think, the situation on a base like Icarus would demand for more practical, and comfortable clothes. E. g., I don't remember anybody wearing the official dress code for offices you normally find, but jeans, and all kind of shirts, pullovers, and things like that, here the colours are more dark, and more unremarkable. To be honest also the main cast wear the same unremarkable colours. Only Rush's white sleeves stick out, and for that it's an easy way to recognize him directly in any kind of crowd.

Something I'd like to complain about is, why wear all the men shirts with long sleeves, and only some (most attractive) women sleeveless shirts, most of the time? Foremost it seems to be cold on Destiny/the set, for me it's really disturbing, and, imo, in the end nothing but a way to please the male viewers! That's annoying.
    sigpic

Comment

Wow, a day away and so much to read. Now it's a wee bit easier to wait till October.
      Speaking of the clothes, fortunately Rush has left the ugly suit he is wearing when they pick up Eli somewhere behind. That's a thing I won't like to see again.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
        And, btw who wants to have Rush in fatigues?
        Definitely not me. He looks dwarfed in the outfit. "Justice" came across the same way.

The miracle with Camile's wardobe in "Pain" is explained (the red dress was Greer's hallucination, cos the wore this shirt in "Divided").
        Yes, I was just making mention of it because it's not always apparent first time viewing. Everything is so dark on the show I'm usually squinting at their faces to notice much else going on.

If you look more careful to the clothes, you see all of them look quite different, even if the style is a little bit similar. I think, the situation on a base like Icarus would demand for more practical, and comfortable clothes. E. g., I don't remember anybody wearing the official dress code for offices you normally find, but jeans, and all kind of shirts, pullovers, and things like that, here the colours are more dark, and more unremarkable. To be honest also the main cast wear the same unremarkable colours. Only Rush's white sleeves stick out, and for that it's an easy way to recognize him directly in any kind of crowd.

Something I'd like to complain about is, why wear all the men shirts with long sleeves, and only some (most attractive) women sleeveless shirts, most of the time? Foremost it seems to be cold on Destiny/the set, for me it's really disturbing, and, imo, in the end nothing but a way to please the male viewers! That's annoying.
        Admittedly, the office dress code here in the South is different - very casual. For men, it's usually dress jeans and a polo shirt or collared shirt. For a more formal look, men wear khakis or Dockers. Women's clothing is all over the place. In one day, I'll see everything from a running suit to the little black dress.

If you're packing to go abroad, you pack light with lots of mix and match items because there are weight limits on luggage and I imagine Chloe and the others were faced with the same restriction. There's a brand of women's clothing that's extremely lightweight, wrinkle-free and very mix-match, designed for traveling. It looks similar to the clothes Chloe and Camille are wearing. Understandable that they might choose such fashion, but I still expect Wardrobe to be less obvious. I mean really, isn't it embarassing when you show up wearing the same blouse as someone else?

And you are so right that women's clothing seems picked to emphasize their uh, attributes as opposed to men's clothing which might as well be Farmer Jones' coveralls.

But I still think most everyone should have at least one change of clothing. We lived in one place for a couple of years in which an evacuation was a very real thing. We were told we could take just one bag and it had a weight limit. A change of clothes was DEFINITELY on the list because you knew that you were going to be holed up somewhere before you could get safely back to the States. Choosing what was most important to haul out with you wasn't too hard because you'd take very little in to begin with. Laptops and cameras were most important, then clothes, something for boredom (like books, a pack of cards), and food staples. Pets were verboden, but I knew several people who made contingency plans for their cats!
        sigpic

Comment

@kansaikimono
          Some people have definitely clothes to change, like Chloe, or Camile, others seems not to have, like Rush, (or they have something in exactly the same style, I remember the dark shirt he wear in "Time" was not the same he wear normally, with the small front pocket, might be an accident ). I can imagine that women tend more to interchange clothes with each other, to have more changes in the wardrobe. I can think of that, but I wouldn't expect that from men, most of them don't care about such things.
          I don't care so much about the same clothing style of the Destineers, but you're right in the point, that all of them should wear something different from time to time to make plausible that the normal clothes are in the laundry Some more hints of daily life problems wouldn't hurt to add in a short scene.

About Bloopers:
          A blooper is a short sequence of a film or video production, usually a deleted scene, containing a mistake made by a member of the cast or crew. These bloopers, or outtakes as they are also called, are often the subject of television shows or are occasionally revealed during the credit sequence at the end of comedy movies.
          link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blooper

All observations mentioned above, are more kind of inattentions of the film crew, which are not part of blooper material, normally. So it is more of "Who's able to find the biggest mistakes" in films or shows, like microphones you see where you should not see them, etc.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
            Wow, a day away and so much to read. Now it's a wee bit easier to wait till October.
            Speaking of the clothes, fortunately Rush has left the ugly suit he is wearing when they pick up Eli somewhere behind. That's a thing I won't like to see again.
            Yeah, he apparently doesn't like it either. Notice the tie?

Last edited by kansaikimono; 11 July 2010, 03:46 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

I understand what you mean, the way the scenes followed, looks like there was not enough time for the changing. But he must have at least some minutes, so he could do it. One thing I thought at this point was, the change was necessary, and it was also necessary to take the time (in fact it'd took a few min., not more). Do you know what happens when somebody dies? All muscles in the body relax. And, I really mean all, which is extremely embarrassing for the person (Telford), after the revivification (and exactly that happened less than 1 hour before). It's not shown here (and I understand, nobody want to see that), but I thought that's in the end the best way to explain it, comprehensible. Ellie's explanation in Post #5632 is also a good, but less imperative way to make sense of the action. And, btw who wants to have Rush in fatigues?
              I could never understand why Rush found time to change when the LA was onboard the ship and all hell was starting to break loose. Your explanation was something I hadn't considered, but now it makes perfect sense! Quite embarrassing indeed...especially if you're in somebody else's body.

As far as the fatigues... Yeah, I agree. Rush should avoid fatigues. His regular wardrobe is much more appealing.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, he apparently doesn't like it either. Notice the tie?

[IMG]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/kansaikimono/rc-1-3.jpg[IMG]
                Uh, yeah. But I don't like to take a closer look. Better look at his face
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Rush-Fan View Post
                  I could never understand why Rush found time to change when the LA was onboard the ship and all hell was starting to break loose. Your explanation was something I hadn't considered, but now it makes perfect sense! Quite embarrassing indeed...especially if you're in somebody else's body.

As far as the fatigues... Yeah, I agree. Rush should avoid fatigues. His regular wardrobe is much more appealing.
                  Of course, why bother having Telford change in the first place? Why did the writers feel the need for this detail? Surely it isn't the first time he's exchanged bodies with a civilian. Wasn't he originally scheduled to change places with one of the other scientists?
                  sigpic

Comment

Of course, why bother having Telford change in the first place? Why did the writers feel the need for this detail? Surely it isn't the first time he's exchanged bodies with a civilian. Wasn't he originally scheduled to change places with one of the other scientists?
                    Was he - perhaps - just repulsed to be in Rush's body? It's not like they really got along that well. Maybe he wanted to try and feel like he was not in Rush's body.
                    sigpic

Comment

Was he - perhaps - just repulsed to be in Rush's body? It's not like they really got along that well. Maybe he wanted to try and feel like he was not in Rush's body.
                      True. It would be bad enough to wake up in the body of someone I just can't stand, let alone wear the person's clothes!
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, I love him in fatigues. In just about everything, to be honest.
                        sigpic

Comment

Just to ad a little bit material into the clothing discussion, compare those two scenes:
                          1. from "Time" (MGM-Bts, but it's the same he wore in the episode)

2. from "Subversion"

Do you see it?

2 different shirts. It seems he's something to change

What's your excuse to post a photo?
                          sigpic

Comment

Hello, everyone.
                            I ran across a website of photos today and they have some I haven't seen before.
                            http://www.picsearch.com/index.cgi?s...bert%20Carlyle

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              Well, I love him in fatigues. In just about everything, to be honest.
                              Me too!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Just to ad a little bit material into the clothing discussion, compare those two scenes:
                                1. from "Time" (MGM-Bts, but it's the same he wore in the episode)

2. from "Subversion"
                                The missing pocket?

It's amazing what the man can do for blue and brown.

And is anyone up for a game of "Find RC on his Back" scavenger hunt? See posts #5635 and #5636. 'Cause it's gonna' be a particularly long time til October if we don't find some way to amuse ourselves, as if the wait weren't bad enough already.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X