No announcement yet.

Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I capped it too... just a few. Clickety...

sigpic

Comment

*doesn't say a word*

*thunk*

*fades out*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post

*thunk*

*fades out*

Ditto!

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixfangor View Post
          This may be old news, however I just saw that "Plunkett & Macleane" is streaming on Netflix.
          Just as a curiousity, I looked up Netflix the other day and noticed that there were quite a few RC movies out there. Practically worth subscribing! Has anyone seen Ironclad?

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
          Thank soooooooo much for posting that link - I had lost the vid and couldn't find it again! *smooches*
          Glad to help! As I recall, myhelix has a site with a nice selection of RC links: myhelix.livejournal

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
          Sorry for the cloudy sentence I wrote above, should be more careful with my pidgin English.
          You do just fine with English given that it's not your first language! "...RC playing with his whole body" does conjure up quite the image, though! To say, "using his whole body" is so mundane!

Originally posted by Jackson-Rush-Fan View Post
          It's a nice little vid. I find it amusing that he admitted to playing video games. I just love that!
          That was the part I found most amusing, too! Trying to picture RC sitting on the floor in front of a large screen TV playing "Halo" while his 9 year old is shouting at him, "Dad, go to the right! Shoot! Shoot! How could you miss him?!"

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
          I'm going to have a try for the scavenger hunt:

Lovely! I just don't have any luck pulling screen captures. How do you all do it? Cause if I knew how, there are two "on his back in the bath tub" shots that could be pulled from "Looking After JoJo."

Let's see. RC's in the bath in Hamish, in Formula 51, and Looking After JoJo. Almost sounds like an idea for another scavenger hunt!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
            Just as a curiousity, I looked up Netflix the other day and noticed that there were quite a few RC movies out there. Practically worth subscribing! Has anyone seen Ironclad?
            As far as anyone knows, he's not in Ironclad. His name was attached to it but it was filming at the same time as SGU and no one's mentioned him since the first publicity material came out. He's not mentioned it either.

Comment

Ooops! Netflix has some editing to do:

Backed by his "Magnificent Seven," a principled Knight Templar (James Purefoy) defends Rochester Castle from the ruthless King John (Paul Giamatti) and his advancing armies, who seek to rule England's free men by force -- no matter what the Magna Carta might say. Robert Carlyle, Bob Hoskins, Richard Attenborough, Pete Postlethwaite and Derek Jacobi co-star in this action-packed period piece set at the height of the Middle Ages.

Another pic for the scavenger hunt:

Last edited by kansaikimono; 15 July 2010, 03:46 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
                Lovely! I just don't have any luck pulling screen captures. How do you all do it? Cause if I knew how, there are two "on his back in the bath tub" shots that could be pulled from "Looking After JoJo."

Let's see. RC's in the bath in Hamish, in Formula 51, and Looking After JoJo. Almost sounds like an idea for another scavenger hunt!
                Ooo, those sound like good shots. I just recently learned how to make screencaps myself. I had always wondered how people did it. Don't know if there's an easier way, but the only way I've figured out how to do it on my computer is using Windows Media Player. I pause the DVD, right click on the image, which brings up a menu. I scroll down to DVD features. That brings up another little side menu and from that I choose capture image. I just stumbled upon all that by accident really. After joining this thread a couple weeks ago, I found myself determined how to make screencaps of RC.
                sigpic

Comment

Yesterday evening I watched 'The full monty' and today I got an invitation for a job interview. So I hope I don't think about RC playing with the gnomes outside during it, this would distract me to much
                  sigpic

Comment

Yesterday evening I watched 'The full monty' and today I got an invitation for a job interview. So I hope I don't think about RC playing with the gnomes outside during it, this would distract me to much
                    Yeah, definitely DO NOT THINK ABOUT RC and friends with gnomes! Good luck!
                    sigpic

Comment

Hope all goes well for you. kansaikimono offers good advice. Don't think about RC. I would especially not think about "The Full Monty"...definitely a distracting movie!
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank you! Inhe meantime I made some Hamish screenshots:

I make them with vlc, but I got the new version, the old one woulnd't work.
                        sigpic

Comment

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a...h39m06s184.jpg
                          Ooo! What a wonderful picture. I suddenly have the urge now to go take a bath! Unforunately, I must go feed my son. Not quite as enjoyable as taking a bath but such is the life of a mom.
                          sigpic

Comment

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/a...h39m06s184.jpg
                            And suddenly Rush/shower sounds as appealing as Rush/bath. Fingers crossed for S2 of SGU.
                            sigpic

Comment

This pic just made my day, thank you

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              And suddenly Rush/shower sounds as appealing as Rush/bath. Fingers crossed for S2 of SGU.
                              Yes! We demand Rush shower/bath scene! The wetsuit looked good on him, but he'd look even better without it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leleth View Post
                                Yes! We demand Rush shower/bath scene! The wetsuit looked good on him, but he'd look even better without it.
                                Exactly!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X