X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday RC!!!

RL was also getting in the way so I didn't make anything

Originally posted by Macpye View Post
    *throws confetti into the thread* HURRAH!

Hey, I might have some cake somewhere! Oh, wait, not yet, just had lunch.

(Tags for "Seizure" pic)
    Spoiler:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ous/215tws.jpg
    (I almost squeed when I saw The White Shirt )

Incidentally, yessika, do you know what season of SG-1 the main picture in your sig is from? I really like Sam's hair there, have been considering getting something similar. (The Rush-cut didn't work for me )
    Spoiler:
    The white shirt, the jewelry, the shirtlessness... I think I need a rewatch

Uhm, I'm not sure what episode it is from, sorry
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Good morning everyone!

For those who missed "the book"

Here you can see how it looks.
      sigpic

Comment

Hello, thread gals! Hope your Friday has started well. Just stopping by, don't know how much I'll manage to stay here today and tomorrow. And for the first time since... forever... it's not because of homework.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Hello, thread gals! Hope your Friday has started well. Just stopping by, don't know how much I'll manage to stay here today and tomorrow. And for the first time since... forever... it's not because of homework.

Hello back and hello to all the others! My Friday was good so far, the weather is fine and I'll go into town later. Wish you a nice day and have fun with whatever you do!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
            Good morning everyone!

For those who missed "the book"

Here you can see how it looks.
            thanks very nice.

have you indicated an address where he (or his agent) could reply? wondering if you will get any feedback on it.

nice work gals!

wish you all a nice weekend
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

My vid is done

Here it is:

Download here if you are in Germany
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYI0rwSYwhg
                Very nice video, nice job putting it all together. The opening scene is still so so sad. Oh, so a little warning for those who haven't seen "Seizure" yet. It contains spoilers from that episode.
                sigpic

Comment

An interesting insight from Joseph Mallozzi about Rush. I think it's worth to share. Since it contains spoilers for the last episodes I tag it.

Spoiler:
                  RUSH SCHOOLS ELI

Recent events leading up to this episode had led to a shift in, if not the unspoken command structure of the ship’s science team, then a perception of said hierarchy. Eli, already reeling from Ginn’s death, is dealt another blow when Rush’s actions deny him a second time (at the end of “Hope”). Eli is pissed and, suddenly, prepared to challenge Rush’s leadership while Rush, off-balance, wrestles with self-doubt (note his sudden reluctance to investigate the stasis chamber until precautionary diagnostics have been run). Let’s be clear: Rush cares about Eli. Hell, he cares about everyone on board Destiny. Of course, it’s questionable as to why, exactly, he does care. Is it sympathy or merely a pragmatic approach to ensuring the ship’s crew continue to operate at optimum efficiency? Either way, we do see Rush – who normally holds his card very close to the vest – reach out to Eli in “Resurgence”. In his roundabout way, he tells Eli that he’s special, that he has potential, that he respects him. In so doing, he gives Eli – battling depression in the wake of Ginn’s death – the shot of confidence he needs to move on.

On a personal level, Rush is someone who accomplishes more with an indirect approach. And so, when faced with a challenge to his authority, he doesn’t confront his doubters. Instead, he changes their minds through indirect influence – like, say, allowing their rebelliousness to trigger some very serious consequences. Was Rush responsible for Brody’s deep freeze? Hell, yes. Was Brody ever in danger? Certainly not. You may argue over whether Rush truly cares about Brody, but there’s no doubt that he values his worth and would never risk such a valuable asset. No, Rush knew what he was doing. He was teaching Eli a valuable lesson and re-establishing his authority over the science team. Harmless but highly effective.

RUSH OFFERS ROMANTIC ADVICE

Rush also adopts an indirect approach in his dealings with the lovelorn Volker. On the surface, he’s telling Volker he should be happy with his lot as “the good friend” and “scientist” but the obvious subtext of his speech is: “Get off your ass and tell her how you feel or you risk a miserable, lonely existence!”. Yes, in his roundabout way, Rush is giving Volker unsolicited relationship advice. Why? Well, when it comes down to it, only one answer makes sense: Because he cares.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, Artemis, it's worth to share, thanks for it
                    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Right episode, wrong pics!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                            Right episode, wrong pics!
                            Well, I can't do all the work here, can I.

sigpic

Comment

Ok, I'll help a bit

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                                I hope you'll manage.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X