Clear All

See post 1.

This is the sole "thank-you" thread .
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      See post 1.

This is the sole "thank-you" thread .
      Oh, sorry. Feel free to move my posts, or delete them.

Comment

No worries.
        There's no rule saying you need to love every character !

Just take a look round the section and copy /quote your posts over to a better thread like (maybe) the gen disc one :
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...rs-S2*/page792

(Probably better if you do any deleting yourself ,because my laptop's playing up ! )
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I can't believe that it got cancelled at such a great point in the plot. I know the American ratings were down but could they not have changed the airing time to see if it could have attracted more viewers at least for one more season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
            I can't believe that it got cancelled at such a great point in the plot. I know the American ratings were down but could they not have changed the airing time to see if it could have attracted more viewers at least for one more season.
            They already tried that. And they were down all over not just the US
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Just wanted to add my appreciate to the list.
              I've always loved stargate, but this series really has been a step above the rest.
              I feel truly sad to see it end as I felt quite involved with all aboard the destiny come season 2.
              I really hope it returns at some point, I wish it wasn't always just about money (I'm looking at all you billionaires wasting your money! )

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                They already tried that. And they were down all over not just the US
                Plus it looked like not only changing the time but the day had a downturn for the viewership.

Comment

Can we please keep this thread on topic and leave the (had over and over already) discussion about why it ended for the appropriate thread(s)?
                  sigpic

Comment

I will always think of this edition of Stargate fondly. It may have been short-lived, but it was truly amazing at times.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

In the beginning SGU felt like a Galactica rip off but by the end it had very much become it's own show and one that I will sorely miss especially with the lack of good quality proper Sci - Fi on tv these days.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Stargate Universe, for a rare glimpse of the grandeur of the universe. Perhaps someday our descendants will get to see in person the wonders you brought to our televisions.

Comment

First posting on a thread. I'm very new to this forum as I registered about five minutes ago.

I just finished a marathon of watching SG-1, SGA, and SGU (started in February). I literally finished the last episode of SGU two days ago. It strikes me as odd that after 17 seasons there won't be any new Stargate on TV for the forseeable future. All the same I wanted to chime in and give a heartfelt thanks to the entire franchise and those who made it as amazing as it has become. SGU was an excellent show on its way to really becoming something unique. It just seemed to get better and better. I'll miss the shows but will look forward to whatever is next. I can't fathom that this is it and as the old adage goes, absence makes the heart grow fonder. Imagine our elation when something new is announced and made!

One of these days my dear friends.

Until then, looks like its time to start reading the novels!

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                            With everything that's happened, I wanted a place to offer my heartfelt thanks for a show that I thoroughly enjoyed, for every episode it's been on.

Stargate Universe is the first show where I've had the unique opportunity to thank the people responsible for entertaining me, where there was a chance that the people involved could see my letter, without having to go through an agent or a mailbag, etc. (Thank you, Interwebs!)

From moment one, I've watched every episode, mostly from the edge of my seat and this has been some of the best TV I've seen in a long time.

I wanted to say how much I've appreciated not only the entertainment, but for all the extra goodies. From the stunning visuals, to the Kinos and set tours, to back stage extras that let us see what's going on. I also loved that with this show, like none other that I've been a fan of, there has been a sense of connection with The Powers That Be, whether that's at GateWorld, on Twitter and Facebook, various campaigns, or Joe Mallozzi's blog.

This show made me think of bigger things and brought a true sense of wonder, not only for the message but for the simple journey itself. Even if it's only two seasons, I'm cherishing those discs.

Thank you, sincerely,

Elaine G

please read this post for further information about this thread's purpose, thanks!
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...1#post12279138
                            I absolutely agree! I was on the adge of my seat most weeks too, thoroughly entertained and left wanting more...there aren't many shows that can do that.

Every week, without fail, me and my mum sat on our sofa, turned the TV up full blast and grinned as the opening sequence came on.
                            Every week, I got so excited I couldn't contain my *squees* of joy and anticipation.

And all the little tidbits of Kinosodes and BTS were amazing, it not only showed us the show, it showed us more about the characters and used today's technology to fuly embrace the audience. Plus, the stunning award winning Visual Effects pleased week-in-week out, amazing, movie worthy material.

So, thank you SGU, we will miss you dearly, but I think that one day the franchise will be revived and I will be just as excited as I was then.

K xxx
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                            'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                            : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                            I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                            Indeed

Comment

Thank you SGU for introducing me to a series almost as cool as Farscape. Thank you for introducing to my fav SG character Nicholas Rush. Thank you for Destiny. Thank you for the best SG series. We really would have enjoyed 10 seasons. I do have noticed that every SG series is shorter. Universe was great. The following is not for Universe top fans.

Spoiler:
                              But nothing beats Farscape. It's the best, beats the rest! John Crichton of the universe. The ultimate villain Scorpius! Harvey!! Starky!!
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Just like to say that although i much prefered SG1 and SGA, i still loved SGU and would like to thank MGM for bringing it to us all to see the different side of how the the Stargate story can be told. Exciting, engaging and fascinating right to the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X