Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BALDING ASIAN GUY/Bill Butt Appreciation thread( Spoilers Faith-Visitation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
    Speedy recovery...B.A.G.. Only you can keep the Holy Notebook updated!
    No matter how sick I am, the notebook will be updated!! Ha!! Ha!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B.A.G. View Post
      I do not play too many games, but they actually have Starcraft 2 tournaments????
      Yup it's a big thing.
      Especially in Korea of course. (With many thousands of dollars in prize money.)
      Here's an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnD4jXdCu0o
      (Note: I've never actually played any Starcraft but it's still fun to watch!)
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

No matter how sick I am, the notebook will be updated!! Ha!! Ha!!
        BAGerrific, wunderbar...

Comment

Just curious MR. Bill... how much of season 2 have you seen what.. what have you thought of it so far.... Also.. do you think you could make the ratings rise... its under a million now.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
            Yup it's a big thing.
            Especially in Korea of course. (With many thousands of dollars in prize money.)
            Here's an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnD4jXdCu0o
            (Note: I've never actually played any Starcraft but it's still fun to watch!)
            I watched it, but I didn't know what the hell was going on!!! I am too old for this stuff, just give me a good book!! Ha!! Ha!!
            sigpic

Comment

BAG is sick, so he is going to sleep now!!! Goodnight!!
              The dreaded bug got you too, get well soon.

I hope you've got a nice supply of good books there to keep your mind off feeling under the weather. I'm reading 'Masked' and have reached Joe Malozzi's short story offering at the moment, and a jolly good read it is too!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                The dreaded bug got you too, get well soon.

I hope you've got a nice supply of good books there to keep your mind off feeling under the weather. I'm reading 'Masked' and have reached Joe Malozzi's short story offering at the moment, and a jolly good read it is too!

I have tons of books to keep me company, but I hope this bug will leave soon!! Thank you for your get well soon wish!!

I am not sucking up, but Joe's short story is one of the ones I liked. I liked all the stories, but i've got to have favorites!! My favorite is the last story by "Bill Willingham", because that is how I like to write.
                sigpic

Comment

BAG, you are sick. Go to bed. Hope you feel better soon.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                    BAG, you are sick. Go to bed. Hope you feel better soon.
                    Thanks for kicking me in the butt, because even when I am sick, I just don't want to go to bed early. Thanks from your humble servant!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                      I LOVE the Percy Jackson series--of course, remember that I'm reading whatever my kids are reading, so most of it's adolescent lit.

My five favorite books:

Where the Red Fern Grows
                      A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
                      Jacob Have I Loved
                      Homecoming (The Tillerman Series)
                      Harry Potter (Yes, the whole series)

I just finished the Hunger Games trilogy--liked the first two books but the third one was "meh".

"The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" is wonderful.

And I really enjoy the Gregory Maguire books. Wicked, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, etc., but they REALLY aren't for everyone.

There are a few recs from me.
                      Lots of choice reads here! I loved Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister; you might like The Dress Lodger; kinda creepy, a little too scary for kids tho, but perfect for grown ups who like steam punk drama.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                        Just curious MR. Bill... how much of season 2 have you seen what.. what have you thought of it so far.... Also.. do you think you could make the ratings rise... its under a million now.
                        I am sick, it gives me a headache when I write too long, and I can't breath because of my stuffy nose!! I will give you a short answer now and in a few days, hopefully I will really tell you what I think about the show.

Season 2 is more intense, and new and old characters are giving the show more options as to where it can go. I love season 2 and I always can't wait till the next episode.

I always liked SGU's new style, it is exactly like the old Batman franchise changing gear to be the new and improve "Batman Begins", "Dark Knight". After watching the two new version of Batman, who can look me in the eye (If they are a die hard comic fan),and tell me the old movies were better!! "Stargate" and "Stargate Atlantis" were fantastic, but to me a new direction was needed for the "Stargate" franchise to go. I don't understand why fans are complaining and resisting to support SGU, because there is no going back through the Stargate back to Earth, we can only move forward and follow our Destiny!!

I don't know if that is what you want to hear, but that is how I feel. If I go into storyline and character relationships, I could write a book about SGU, ha!! Ha!! I am using my power to rise the ratings, but the force is strong from the dark side!!!

Have to stop, I am getting a headache!! See ya!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I have tons of books to keep me company, but I hope this bug will leave soon!! Thank you for your get well soon wish!!

I am not sucking up, but Joe's short story is one of the ones I liked. I liked all the stories, but i've got to have favorites!! My favorite is the last story by "Bill Willingham", because that is how I like to write.
                          Oh great B.A.G. The Destroyer! *extended flourish with knee bend, rising with arms akimbo* I loved Joe's story too, and I really liked "Call Her Savage", "Thug" and so many more it's hard to pick. Masked was a great read.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coffy View Post
                            Feel better B.A.G., drink lots of green tea and gets some rest! I studied the Teachings of B.A.G. on your blog; Diary of a Wimpy Kid II sounds like an interesting set, but with the long hours I can see that you need more good books to read! I can recommend The Bartimaeus Trilogy; smart funny with dark humor, fantasy and magic, plus the His Dark Materials trilogy, which is more serious in the LOTR vein, and Paolo Coelho's The Alchemist. They've all been out for years, so they are great to get at the library. They are for all ages which is why all of my copies are gone; grown ups and kids alike kept borrowing them and passing them on.

http://www.bartimaeustrilogy.com/

http://www.randomhouse.com/features/pullman/

And of course I never fail to read B.A.G. Of Wonder, that venerable publication with news on all things B.A.G.!

http://bagofwonder.blogspot.com/

Anybody have good reading suggestions?
                            Thank you for your get well wish!! I am still feeling pretty bad, but with everybody's well wishes, I am sure BAG will recover soon!!

Haven't read Bartimaeus yet, but will look it up and give it a try, thank you!!

Read Pullman and kind of liked it!! The 1st thing I said to my wife after I finished reading "The Golden Compass" was, "This is not for kids.". The ideas are complex, the story is complex, and the last book "The Amber Spyglass" is down right religious. I don't know if I understand all of it, but I liked the pace of the book and all the action. I gave it 8 BAGs out of 10!!

I will also check out "The Alchemist", thank you!!!!!

When I don't have this headache, I will let you know what I suggest as a good read!! Thanks from your humble servant!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coffy View Post
                              Oh great B.A.G. The Destroyer! *extended flourish with knee bend, rising with arms akimbo* I loved Joe's story too, and I really liked "Call Her Savage", "Thug" and so many more it's hard to pick. Masked was a great read.
                              I agree, "Masked" was a great read!! I forgot to mention my greatest compliment to a female writer, and that would be for Marjorie M. Liu, "She writes like a man.". She writes with guts and she doesn't shy away from blood and death!! "Call Her Savage" is one of my favorites too!! Hey, you have good taste, just like me, ha!! Ha!!
                              sigpic

Comment

I am sick, it gives me a headache when I write too long, and I can't breath because of my stuffy nose!! I will give you a short answer now and in a few days, hopefully I will really tell you what I think about the show.

Season 2 is more intense, and new and old characters are giving the show more options as to where it can go. I love season 2 and I always can't wait till the next episode.

I always liked SGU's new style, it is exactly like the old Batman franchise changing gear to be the new and improve "Batman Begins", "Dark Knight". After watching the two new version of Batman, who can look me in the eye (If they are a die hard comic fan),and tell me the old movies were better!! "Stargate" and "Stargate Atlantis" were fantastic, but to me a new direction was needed for the "Stargate" franchise to go. I don't understand why fans are complaining and resisting to support SGU, because there is no going back through the Stargate back to Earth, we can only move forward and follow our Destiny!!

I don't know if that is what you want to hear, but that is how I feel. If I go into storyline and character relationships, I could write a book about SGU, ha!! Ha!! I am using my power to rise the ratings, but the force is strong from the dark side!!!

Have to stop, I am getting a headache!! See ya!!
                                :'( Please get better... then im sure your powers on the ratings will work... keep in mind there was a sports game on and it had like 10 million viewers watching (plus SGU had its usual tough competition)..... im sure itll uptick next week...

Also pathogen was my fav episode of SGU for season 2 by far.... and I thought i was gonna hate it.. it was a stone story done EXTREMELY well.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X