Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Universe Imagery Appreciation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the Stargate glows tonight..."

Comment

Damn this shows how beautiful SGU is. Loving the pics. Now I demand more pervy time!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Well, beautiful women aside, they seem to have also constructed gorgeous sets

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...u_104_0071.jpg
        The Destiny has a kind of steampunk apeal to it.

DigiFluid... off-topic a bit. But your sig exploded my brain. Where did this quote come from?

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.
        Last edited by KatG; 26 December 2009, 11:01 AM. Reason: img tags removed

Comment

Had an idea for a thread like this before I signed up, wonderful idea man, those are all sensational images.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

...some of you may have noticed I have a thing for good shots that include the Stargate

edit; just saw this....
            Originally posted by beafly View Post
            DigiFluid... off-topic a bit. But your sig exploded my brain. Where did this quote come from?
            It's from the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I can't remember which book offhand though, sorry
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...08_time_14.jpg

...some of you may have noticed I have a thing for good shots that include the Stargate

edit; just saw this....

It's from the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I can't remember which book offhand though, sorry
              Holy cow, thats one fine shot!
              Last edited by KatG; 26 December 2009, 10:51 AM. Reason: img tags removed

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                Holy cow, thats one fine shot!
                Seconded, it's amazing!
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

A great thread. Lovely pictures everyone. I think the CGI, sets and 'location' creations, CGI or real places in SGU are outstanding. I look forward to seeing more unusual 'alien' landscapes, and as much as I love BC's scenery, what we see on screen now is a welcome break and a relief to be honest! The few times CGI was used in SG-1 to create alien worlds it brought what I felt were some great imagined landscapes, so I'm really glad they are really pushing the boat out with this for SGU. With the fantastic quality we are seeing as seen by examples already posted here I'm certainly enjoying SGU as far as this element of the show goes.

The Destiny in FTL is wonderful to watch, and one of the loveliest effects of a ship flying through space I've seen in a long time. When it skimmed through the sun in 'Light', well, wow!

I really love the attention to detail on the sets. The gate venting 'steam' after it shuts down adds to the great feeling of Destiny's age, a great bit of detail there! The gate is I've always felt a work of art in itself, this incarnation has a lovely 'classic civilization' feel to it.

Comment

Air Part 2 time!

Comment

I really like the slowly darkening Destiny from Darkness:
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                        I really like the slowly darkening Destiny from Darkness:
                        http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...u_104_0628.jpg
                        Oh really nice shot, i cant wait till i get up to darkness, there are some nice shots in that ep.

Comment

Air 3 time! Man this was hard to get some different shots!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
                            Air 3 time! Man this was hard to get some different shots!
                            Nice collection, and my favourite has to be the third-last one.

But I think this one from the end was pretty great, 'cause the pod looks awesome.

~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                              Nice collection, and my favourite has to be the third-last one.

But I think this one from the end was pretty great, 'cause the pod looks awesome.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...u_103_1411.jpg
                              Yeah, i have to agree.
                              I thought i had one of the pod in there. hmm...

Comment

Awesome, keep up the good work guys. Handed round some green, though it won’t let me shower everyone with it. Green to those I can give to and lots of mental green to those I can’t.
                                Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 19 November 2009, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X