X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    I believe they'll end up doing one of two things;

2. They'll find a food processor onboard and thus have all the food the Destiny crew will need, which will reducing the need to to write ways for Eli to slim or force the actor to lose weight.
    Eh, it woudl be a convenient cop-out to find a food replicator on board. Even Atlantis didn't have that...

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101/Loneranger-1 View Post
      Well they already have the "recharging plate" which i honestly thought was a bit ofn an eyeroll so it wouldn' tsurprise me to find a star trek food replicator around.

You'd think if he works out with Greer he'd at least get a little more tone. people who are sedentary pick up like 10 pounds of muscle right off the bat because they're body isn't use to it. Greer's the huge Teal'c/Ronon style character, so i can see him drilling Eli hard (perhaps that'd be a good funny character moment, the 2 weeks of agony from begining to work out from Eli's perspective)
      See I like the idea of writing him losing weight into the show. Go into the character development of turning Eli from a slacker nerd into a guy the crew can depend on.

Then you can address all the character issues that we've talked about in here. Maybe he gets fit and Chloe pays him more attention, and he tells her to shove it. Maybe that happens with someone else on the ship and Chloe is actually not a shallow s**t of a character.

Comment

Well they already have the "recharging plate" which i honestly thought was a bit ofn an eyeroll so it wouldn' tsurprise me to find a star trek food replicator around.

You'd think if he works out with Greer he'd at least get a little more tone. people who are sedentary pick up like 10 pounds of muscle right off the bat because they're body isn't use to it. Greer's the huge Teal'c/Ronon style character, so i can see him drilling Eli hard (perhaps that'd be a good funny character moment, the 2 weeks of agony from begining to work out from Eli's perspective)
        the recharging plate didn't seem like much of a cop out, we do basically have that technology in the real world now, not too much of a jump to think the ancients would have something similar

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
          the recharging plate didn't seem like much of a cop out, we do basically have that technology in the real world now, not too much of a jump to think the ancients would have something similar
          true but it does seem very convenient.

I would have rathered a few shots of the techs and engineers among them splicing up some cables to make a recharger of their own. At least it's not as simple as "Yeah just leave it on there for a few seconds then take it off or it burns the batteries" admittedly at least they tried to make it a little 'steampunk' with the battery overload bit, but for some reason i doubt we'll ever see that happen.

as far as Food, i don't think they'll fall into that trap to be honest, but i don't think we'll see many shots of them looking for food offworld beyond the first season.

Comment

Greer's the huge Teal'c/Ronon style character
            either of these two would knock Greer out colder than a wet mackerel, it's an insult to both of them to even mention Greer in the same sentence :/

Comment

WallStrong! who needs McKeller when you've got WALLSTRONG!
              Wow, that even sounds poignant.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Will/Should Eli lose weight? Well let's see...this thread is about as *$&@ bleepity bleep as the threads about a certain female cast members chest size. People are really creating some Goldilocks idea here. Too big, too small, too sexy, not sexy enough, too this or that. It seems some want a cast so bland that there is nothing that stands out, everyone is just perfectly average in every way, so bland as to not be noticeable in any regards. Can't wait for the "Is Chloe too skinny?" thread...might as well go make one of those.

The actors are who they are, either accept them or don't. Don't, well change the channel then.

p.s. I did not bother reading most of this thread as the title itself is offensively idiotic, just as the ones centering around Julia Anderson's **** size.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                  either of these two would knock Greer out colder than a wet mackerel, it's an insult to both of them to even mention Greer in the same sentence :/
                  I agree Greer's sort of a mutated version of them (He's still pretty cool though)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                    Since Teal'c and Ronon are aliens, it's kind of apples & oranges, but Greer would at least put up a fight. Most anyone else would just wet themselves and pass out.
                    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

He's fine. Leave him alone.
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
                        I'm curious do you guys think Eli will lose weight or will it be like that character on lost.
                        Being they are on rations, i dont see him keeping his belly.

Comment

For the believers....

Comment

begger off!, the charicter is fine as he is for the sake of god let the people and the charicters be as they wish to be!
                            C. Edmund

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanis View Post
                              begger off!, the charicter is fine as he is for the sake of god let the people and the charicters be as they wish to be!
                              best post i've read in a while
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

All diets will kill you. If you don't believe me, ask me again 100 years from now
                                lol@WallStrong banner!
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X