This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexandria7 View Post
    Yeah, I don't think that was the reason. According to the reports from the Chicago con, even the actors aren't exactly sure why it was canceled. It does not sound like it had either anything to do with ratings or cost.
    Unless there is some evidence that SGU had something, anything, to do with it, I don't see that this is the place for this discussion. Nothing personal, just trying to head off the inevitable before the noodling starts
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      Unless there is some evidence that SGU had something, anything, to do with it, I don't see that this is the place for this discussion. Nothing personal, just trying to head off the inevitable before the noodling starts
      Hehe, no prob. Yeah, I don't really see any evidence to point to that as a cause either.

As for advertising, I do not recall seeing one ad for SGU on sci fi in the US. I was watching it pretty heavy up until late August. The only ad I've seen of SGU has been the initial one online. I definitely think they should advertise more during the highly watched shows.
      sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

SyFy never gives Stargate proper advertising. Its sad but true. And yet in the past they have done just as well as the advertised shows. I'm looking at you BSG
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          SyFy never gives Stargate proper advertising. Its sad but true. And yet in the past they have done just as well as the advertised shows. I'm looking at you BSG
          When they used Season 4 stills for Season 5, that should of been an indication that SGA was on it's way out. It was pathethic.
          sigpic

Comment

I saw the first ad for SGU on Aussie Sci Fi (still old name here.. no fancy monniker for us) a few days back. There is probably a fancy industry word for what it was but it was simply the SGU title fading to a 'coming soon on Sci Fi' screen.

Given it is supposed to start here on Oct 9 it didn't exactly give much away to the average punter.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              I saw the first ad for SGU on Aussie Sci Fi (still old name here.. no fancy monniker for us) a few days back. There is probably a fancy industry word for what it was but it was simply the SGU title fading to a 'coming soon on Sci Fi' screen.

Given it is supposed to start here on Oct 9 it didn't exactly give much away to the average punter.
              I'm quite surprised at how little SGU seems to be getting advertised over here in the UK also. Don't think I've seen a single ad for it yet. And I agree that the advert you mentioned certainly doesnt give much away, but they may be going for the mysterious intrigue attack plan. Or something. I know what I mean.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X