This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Detox View Post
    Exactly. I mean, it's not like they had a choice. Atlantis probably wouldn't have continued with or without SGU being made.
    And JM said in his latest blog post that SGU would have been made with or without Atlantis being canceled.
    I suppose it was... destiny.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I will definitely give SGU a chance, I didn't want to, because it is hard to let go the old show, and start a new era in stargate, but that doesn't mean in any way that I would not continue watching SG-1 and SGA or even buy the movies if they ever make new ones, I will watch the first season of SGU I don't know if I will like it, but I'm looking forward to it, only 31 days left until the show!
      sigpic
      siggy made by RogueRanger
      http://youtu.be/frhgT5CMpjo
      killing threads one post at a time

Comment

Originally posted by capricaabydos View Post
        I will definitely give SGU a chance, I didn't want to, because it is hard to let go the old show, and start a new era in stargate, but that doesn't mean in any way that I would not continue watching SG-1 and SGA or even buy the movies if they ever make new ones, I will watch the first season of SGU I don't know if I will like it, but I'm looking forward to it, only 31 days left until the show!
        And that is a good mindset to have. You are giving the benefit of the doubt.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
        and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
          I think Messer's Wright & Cooper have lost the plot. They feel that by creating new Stargate platform and "younging it" they'll create a new audiance. D'oh, I think all they'll acheive is alienating a lot of the older fans.
          Looking at SGA's numbers for their final season. They got hit bad in the 18 to 34 age demo. Season 4 was much higher. That likely sent a few concerns, and now SGU is looking to focus on attracting new and younger viewers. I don't think they are trying to alienate older fans, just add new ones in addition to the exsisting fanbase of SG-1 and SGA.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but I am totally unspoiled about SGU, I still haen't read any spoilers, or info, or anything about the concept or the characters. I have seen a picture of the crew, but that's it. Believe me it hasn't been easy, but since SyFy is a bit devoid of good programs, except for Waehouse 13, I haven't been on there enough to see anything there either. Actually Since I have stayed away from spoilers, I'm not exactly sure when it starts on SyFy. So if someone can PM me with the stat dat I would appreciate it.
            So all that being said, I am getting excited. It's like a wrapped present tha I have no idea what it is,that I have been anticipating opening for months, and will be able to open soon.
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

I just hope it's not like the trailers are showing it to be.

Which is aimed at a younger audience ( MTV generation )

That would total ruin it for me.

This is what SGU is looking like so far : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8pJhi1kB80

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
                This is what SGU is looking like so far : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8pJhi1kB80
                Wow, I don't think anyone's compared SGU to that before[1]! However did you conceive such a novel idea?

[1]Not counting the previous half dozen times it's been done.
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
                  I just hope it's not like the trailers are showing it to be.

Which is aimed at a younger audience ( MTV generation )
                  Dang whipper-snappers and their gangster rap!!

In all seriousness...I'm 20, and I hate MTV.

Chlol

Originally posted by Briangate78
                  I don't think they are trying to alienate older fans, just add new ones in addition to the exsisting fanbase of SG-1 and SGA.
                  I totally agree, Brian

Originally posted by Capricaabydos
                  I will watch the first season of SGU I don't know if I will like it, but I'm looking forward to it, only 31 days left until the show!
                  Oh *snap*, you'll give the whole first season a chance? Nice Good attitude though.

Originally posted by Eternal Destiny
                  [1]Not counting the previous half dozen times it's been done.
                  Moar liek last 40 times, amirite?!
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Looking at SGA's numbers for their final season. They got hit bad in the 18 to 34 age demo. Season 4 was much higher. That likely sent a few concerns, and now SGU is looking to focus on attracting new and younger viewers. I don't think they are trying to alienate older fans, just add new ones in addition to the exsisting fanbase of SG-1 and SGA.

Whether they succeed or not is anyones guess.

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                    Dang whipper-snappers and their gangster rap!!

In all seriousness...I'm 20, and I hate MTV.

Chlol

I totally agree, Brian

Oh *snap*, you'll give the whole first season a chance? Nice Good attitude though.

Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                      I even wrote a spoof fanfic. It also had replicators.

Comment

I think the network needs to advertise the show better. I watched W13 the other night which as you know is pulling in record numbers for the network. Yet all they do is show ads of Ghost Plumbers and I see no SGU ads. You would think that if they want people to give SGU a chance they would advertise during one of the most successful shows.
                        sigpic

Comment

I will get SGU a chance, I will look the first epi and see what this is about! But I'm affraid that they playing Stargate dead like Star Trek.... I realy hope they just let it with those three series, I was sad about the other two and I think it should be enough now!
                          But as I said I'll give SGU a chance, I hope that it will come soon!

http://freezeframe4vets.org/index.php
                          http://nanjana.livejournal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                            Why are you surprised?
                            When the people who makes tv thing ONLY about making MONEYthen good shows get canceled.
                            That I agree with however that doesn't mean SGU will fail and it wasn't SGU that killed SGA it was the cost of the show that did.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              I think the network needs to advertise the show better. I watched W13 the other night which as you know is pulling in record numbers for the network. Yet all they do is show ads of Ghost Plumbers and I see no SGU ads. You would think that if they want people to give SGU a chance they would advertise during one of the most successful shows.
                              That's definitely a missed opportunity. On the other hand they're showing trailers in theaters though.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                That I agree with however that doesn't mean SGU will fail and it wasn't SGU that killed SGA it was the cost of the show that did.
                                Yeah, I don't think that was the reason. According to the reports from the Chicago con, even the actors aren't exactly sure why it was canceled. It does not sound like it had either anything to do with ratings or cost.
                                sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Working...
                                X