This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
    I really think people are way, way overreacting to the younger audience thing. I doubt its gonna be teenyboppers as you say. If I had to guess, I'd say they want more of that 18-35 demographic which is supposedly so important and not 14 year olds or whatever people are thinking.
    The blurbs said "18-25"... and considering the number of over 30s Stargate fans there are, it's aiming at a pretty low demographic...and alienating the fans who have been with the franchise since the darn movie was released in 1994...'

I will find it seriously illogical to have 'young' crew...especially as expedition leaders and senior military...
    sigpic
    My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
      The blurbs said "18-25"... and considering the number of over 30s Stargate fans there are, it's aiming at a pretty low demographic...and alienating the fans who have been with the franchise since the darn movie was released in 1994...
      Hmm well I'm 19 and I don't really like the sound of them going for a younger audience either, and I'm in the demographic they want! But Like I've said before I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt until I actually see the show. I think everyone should until at the very least we get more info, find out who is in the cast, and see some production stills.

Perfecto!

Comment

Hmm well I'm 19 and I don't really like the sound of them going for a younger audience either, and I'm in the demographic they want! But Like I've said before I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt until I actually see the show. I think everyone should until at the very least we get more info, find out who is in the cast, and see some production stills.
        yes, but you are obviously in the "intelligent" young demographic because you are already hooked on the shows. I'm worried they're trying to entice the bimbo airheads who are not into sci-fi, by putting airheads & 'shippy fluff' in the mix.

I'm willing to give SGU a go, but only if they maintain some semblance of reality - I don't buy into this 'young explorers' crud - they wouldn't have the necessary credentials to get selected for interstellar expeditions in the first place...
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I will be very interested in who they cast for this show, especially the lead character.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

yes, but you are obviously in the "intelligent" young demographic because you are already hooked on the shows. I'm worried they're trying to entice the bimbo airheads who are not into sci-fi, by putting airheads & 'shippy fluff' in the mix.

I'm willing to give SGU a go, but only if they maintain some semblance of reality - I don't buy into this 'young explorers' crud - they wouldn't have the necessary credentials to get selected for interstellar expeditions in the first place...
            I share that worry as well, but I trust BW and Coop enough to believe they won't do that. Hopefully when the cast list comes out they'll show me that my trust was well placed.

Perfecto!

Comment

I share that worry as well, but I trust BW and Coop enough to believe they won't do that. Hopefully when the cast list comes out they'll show me that my trust was well placed.
              NOT if they cast Dean Cain!!
              sigpic

Comment

yawn...

Comment

no i dont want to give sgu chances!!! it for younger people only, everybody would laugh at me if they caught me watching it!! and im only 21 NOOOO!!!! PLEASE DONT MAKE ME WATCH IT ps jk
                  Last edited by Ancavge; 27 August 2008, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Do they even know they're going anywhere other than the ship? Is the ship even in another galaxy? My understanding was that the ninth chevron dials a ship, a team is sent, and before anyone can do anything they're on their way. I could be wrong though.

Comment

that's what its supposed to be, thought the show was too much like the Daedalus variation episode on SGA mind u on a bigger stage. wonder how long they will last or this show?
                      Last edited by andr3w_iii; 27 August 2008, 11:21 PM. Reason: no

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Do they even know they're going anywhere other than the ship? Is the ship even in another galaxy? My understanding was that the ninth chevron dials a ship, a team is sent, and before anyone can do anything they're on their way. I could be wrong though.
                        OMG...The Goonies in Outer Space????
                        sigpic

Comment

NOT if they cast Dean Cain!!
                          God no!!! Lolz!

Perfecto!

Comment

The blurbs said "18-25"... and considering the number of over 30s Stargate fans there are, it's aiming at a pretty low demographic...and alienating the fans who have been with the franchise since the darn movie was released in 1994...'

I will find it seriously illogical to have 'young' crew...especially as expedition leaders and senior military...
                            Well that's folks like me dumped out on the street then....It seems i'm too old at 35 to watch it Not that i was gonna anyway
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VinceB View Post
                              No one's ignoring it, but if you recall what Brad Wright said, if they did the "Go off world, meet some displaced humans, Goa'uld does a bad thing" deal every year, they would not have made it 10 years. So yes, Universe will be different, but dismissing it as bad before you even watch it is not fair. For all I know, I won't like it and then I'll stop watching it, but I'm at least going to watch enough to make an informed decision about it and not base it off of a decision about Atlantis being canceled.
                              We have an expression here: "you don't honor my Cristhmas i won't honor your Easter" i hope it makes sense in english.
                              They choose that show when the time to pick among the two came.
                              They ignored the fans, the awards those fans gave them. The fact that if it wasn't for Atlantis the whole "franchise" woul've sunk long before.
                              I choose not to watch, because they chose to ignore me so they could please a different kind of audience.
                              It's simple ..
                              Spoiler:
                              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                              (YEAR 0 - 100)
                              "O thou Sun,
                              send me as far over the earth
                              as is my pleasure and thine,
                              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                              but never hear anything of bad ones,
                              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                He never said anything of the sort, you're jumping to conclusions.
                                Howe did. read the interview.
                                Spoiler:
                                APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                                (YEAR 0 - 100)
                                "O thou Sun,
                                send me as far over the earth
                                as is my pleasure and thine,
                                and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                                but never hear anything of bad ones,
                                nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment