This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by System_Lord_Remus View Post
    i Agree this puts my point across just nicely but i'll put it in my own words

NOPE!!!, never, no way, no how, i'm i going to give Stargate Voyager a chance. I've said it before and i'm gonna say it again and again until people start to listen are you ready here it comes

SAVE ATLANTIS: SAVE THE LOST CITY!!!
    hmm...You said it so much better than me...

I liked Voyager...But I don't want a voyager two!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

You don't?

But... what's not to love about this little cutie:

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        You don't?

But... what's not to love about this little cutie:

aww that's cute.....hmm well If the ships like this maybe I will give It a shot!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

Thank you i read the name somewhere in a post can't remember where now and yeah i agree whats the point in watching Voyager again?
          System Lord Remus

Comment

I just read the article about it on GW main page and I definately think it will suck. The whole concept is a little bit stupid, but it holds some potential and if done right, it could be great. But really, they want some soap opera to replace BSG and they want a younger audience too. What a receipe for disaster, really how worse can it be. I also read that one of the producer thinks that the game will help the franchise... WHAT ? How can that stupid game do anything more than tarnish this franchise?

Comment

For Crying out loud!! How do you know its only ship traveling! The ship need to travel to a planet to be at a Point of Orgin to use the StarGate.Before yelling " Star Treak copy!" watch the first 3 episondes in 2009. Its 3hrs. If you like it watch it if not go watch something..
              We only know its on the ship Destiny. Atlants was a ship! They didnt fly around in it. Do u think they waist fuel by going 4 million lightyears every week to new place. Its called StarGate! It will use Stargates. And it wont have 100 gateships and 10k drones. This ship is old. 10 million year older than atlantis. Give it a chance.
              Also people how say they wont see SGA movie. WTF? Dont u want to see Atlantis? What are you then yelling about. Be happy you in USA get SG fast. We in Sweden got SG-SG-1 in 2007. And AoT and Con hasent come yet. So I say we watch SGA s5, see comeing movies and see SGU PLOT!I hate Atlantis go! But I dont whine like a baby for that If you call yourself the proud name StarGAte fan. See the show!
              [Walter] : Chevron nine encoded! Gods speed SGU!
              Last edited by Vic´thor; 24 August 2008, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda fan View Post
                NO!!!!!

i want my sga back
                OK, we all do, but what if all of our efforts fail? Would you rather have NO Stargate, or a mediocre source of Stargate?

Comment

I'm pretty fed up about the decsion. And even though people say "I won't watch SGU" they will just think "Oh I'll just get it and see whats like, I'm only one person, I won't make that much difference". And I thought Continuum was rubbish compared to the series. This is practically what was shown, Desert, Ice, Submarine, F15, Reset button.

People only bought The SG1 movies because it was SG1, even though others had said how bad they were compared to the series. They only bought it because of the name.

From what I've heard many people think Season 5 is much better than Season 4. Season 4 there was a lot filler eps. So far in Season 5 they have mostly been Fillers and there hasn't been that much complaining, because the stories have actually been good.

Just as Atlantis is getting liked again, they cancel it. They have always said how devoted the fanbase is to the show and how they want to repay that, with more quality video. But it seems that is just words.

The producers, etc. say that making 2 series side-by-side is too hectic, which is a reason SG1 ended, however, now there is the 3rd SG1 movie, The 1st SGA movie(plus the ones that should follow), a 2 hour SGU movie, the SGU series and the apparently a remake of the Children of the gods. So thats 4+ movies and a series. Movies take longer to film and write etc. That why we've only had 2 not so good SG1 stories, instead of 20-all-mostly-good episodes.

This doesn't make sense at all.

I think the SGU storyline sounds good but is just came to early, give Atlantis another season or two to properly finish off(Atlantis on earth would the ultimate) and then have SGU and it would be better. Because the fans (in case you forgot, the fans are us who pay and watch the show, and without the producers, etc. wouldn't have a job) don't want it right now, it's similar to don't fix something that isn't broken.

And I thought this quote from Steven Moffat (Dr Who Writer or something) was great:

A movie is one 90 minutes a year," Moffat told the BBC. "So yes, so long as it never gets in the way of the show. If it gets in the way of the show, that's appalling.

We need him making SG.

EDIT: I wonder what the actors think of this? (being dropped like Torri (Wier))

Comment

Originally posted by Vic´thor View Post
                    I Know you people are angry about Atlantis. I am. It should have done a s6. But... Dont just whine about " Im not gonna watch Universe!! Näh!!"
                    Give it a freaking chance. Then It comes try it, if not good fine. Just dont judge things before seing it! Life isent perfect. We atleast get a 2h movie.
                    Give Universe a chance. ( And that of the SG´s not being used. We dont nkow that.)

Vic´thor

Why exactly should I give SGU a chance? Because it's Stargate? I didn't even give Atlantis a chance because of that. I watched the the first 4 seasons of SG-1 and loved it but didn't watch the show afterwards. And as much as a loved the first 4 seasons it didn't inspire me to watch Atlantis when it first came on the air. Something else made me give it a try and that was half way through its 3rd season. I watched and fell in love with the characters of Rodney, John and Carson (which is similar to why I loved SG-1 as I simply adored the characters of Daniel and Jack). Now I love Atlantis way more than SG-1 but it has nothing to do with my previous love of SG-1 or the fact that it's Stargate.

So, unless SGU offers me something along those lines to draw me in (which reading all the synopsis of the show it's doubtful), I think I'll be giving it a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      Which comments?
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=58131

Comment

Originally posted by SelmakWarrior View Post

The producers, etc. say that making 2 series side-by-side is too hectic, which is a reason SG1 ended, however, now there is the 3rd SG1 movie, The 1st SGA movie(plus the ones that should follow), a 2 hour SGU movie, the SGU series and the apparently a remake of the Children of the gods. So thats 4+ movies and a series. Movies take longer to film and write etc. That why we've only had 2 not so good SG1 stories, instead of 20-all-mostly-good episodes.

This doesn't make sense at all.
                        Which has potenisal all ready been writing and acording to Chris Jugde could start filmin in Jan. If this was to happen it would be before the start of filiming on SGU, since production on a new season typically starts the end of Feb each year

Io be writing by Joe & Paul who there for would probally not write for SGU untill it was complet. Anything further is still unknown.

The 2 hour SGU movie is just the pilot i.e. eps 1 & 2

Nothin new is begin filmed, they are just basically editing the original and apparently all ready been done

Comment

Why would i give it a chance?
                          Anyone can see that SGA got canceled so SGU can have the go ahead
                          been a Stargate fan since the movie came out loved SG1 till it ended Season 8 Makes me sick that tptb think that we fans are idiots and i dont think that SGA can be saved because none of the producers want it saved thats been made clear as for SGU Brad Wright and SciFi and MGM can shove it up were the sun doesnt shine people am out of Stargate done with it and wont sign in this forum again which has been great.
                          Last edited by andr3w_iii; 24 August 2008, 11:55 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

SGU shows in 2009, they can film it after showing it (hate to break it to you the stargate isnt real and time machines dont exist)
                            n
                            More effort goes into making 1 movie than two episodes, and generally the episodes are better, I'd rather have a series that starts later than a movie being shown.

The first SGA movie could've been S06E01+2, but making it a movie would take a bit longer (DVD quality, DVD production etc.)

I havent seen anything about the SGU movie being Episode 1 and 2.

Please explain how a movie can be converted from 4:3 to 16:9? (I honestly dont understand)

Comment

It didn't bother me when SG-1 got cancelled because, for me, it was about 3 or 4 seasons past its sell-by date.

SGA I went off fairly quickly, but from what I have seen of irregular viewings of the latest season I saw (S4) I wasn't missing anything so its cancellation isn't a major blow.

But the arrogant assumption that programme makers have these days that a show can only be good if the cast are all 20 (and, therefore, totally unconvincing in any leadership or qualified-personnel roles) is something that gets stuck in my craw.

Especially given that the older viewers are going to be in the huge majority with the bigger disposable incomes.

So no. I won't give a new show a chance just because it has the word Stargate tacked on. I'll stick to something that is going to tickle the grey matter and present something a tad more realistic (as realistic as sci-fi gets, anyway) and watch BSG.

But then, I'm not going to get upset that other people want to give a new show a spin, and look forward to seeing their discussion of it.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                                It didn't bother me when SG-1 got cancelled because, for me, it was about 3 or 4 seasons past its sell-by date.

SGA I went off fairly quickly, but from what I have seen of irregular viewings of the latest season I saw (S4) I wasn't missing anything so its cancellation isn't a major blow.

But the arrogant assumption that programme makers have these days that a show can only be good if the cast are all 20 (and, therefore, totally unconvincing in any leadership or qualified-personnel roles) is something that gets stuck in my craw.

Especially given that the older viewers are going to be in the huge majority with the bigger disposable incomes.

So no. I won't give a new show a chance just because it has the word Stargate tacked on. I'll stick to something that is going to tickle the grey matter and present something a tad more realistic (as realistic as sci-fi gets, anyway) and watch BSG.

But then, I'm not going to get upset that other people want to give a new show a spin, and look forward to seeing their discussion of it.

We do not know exactly what 'younger and edgier' means exactly. It could simply mean that we get one regular charcter who is young....(Ford, Jackson) and have the rest be all quite normal aged. Or even younger then Ford or Jackson. Or...it could mean that we get several younger characters, a team of junior sceintists for example, and one or two really older characters that are in the leadership position.

Comment

Working...
                                X