Clear All

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
    You do raise a point.
    Thank you.
    That is just my two cents.

Comment

SGU = Voyager

Comment

People said that about SGA, then when it began they said it was DS9, then by the end of season 1 they'd shut up. I predict something similar will happen with SGU.

Comment

Jenks that's what the producer,etc. expect but this time it has to be different.

I personnaly want SGU, but not yet, finsih Atlantis properly with 1 or 2 seasons then have SGU. I think that is what most people want.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            People said that about SGA, then when it began they said it was DS9, then by the end of season 1 they'd shut up. I predict something similar will happen with SGU.
            Yes, that's my thinking too. At the time, the Atlantis show seemed like an unnecessary rip-off of SG-1 and the Voyager argument was shot at it too. Especially after the cast was announced: "oh, this Sheppard sounds awfully like O'Neill", "female Teal'c", "why McKay, why?!" and so on... Oh and the Wraith "another powerful evil superrace like the Goa'uld" and "wtf??? space vampires???"

So yeah, Atlantis wasn't exactly a promising show. From what we know now, Universe seems more promosing, at least to me, but we'd have to wait for the cast list and ultimately the show itself.

So why boycott Universe exactly? Revenge?

Hurting SGU will hurt the franchise itself, which doesn't bode well to Atlantis movies either...

edit: sorry, changed my post.
            sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by SelmakWarrior View Post
              I havent seen anything about the SGU movie being Episode 1 and 2.
              Stargate Universe will start with a two-hour movie early next year. Over the summer it will join the weekly schedule, with 18 more one-hour episodes to follow the movie

i.e. movie = ep 1 & 2 of a 20 ep season.

http://www.multichannel.com/index.as...leid=CA6589804

Comment

Originally posted by Vespasianus View Post
                Yes, that's my thinking too. At the time, the Atlantis show seemed like an unnecessary rip-off of SG-1 and the Voyager argument was shot at it too. Especially after the cast was announced: "oh, this Sheppard sounds awfully like O'Neill", "female Teal'c", "why McKay, why?!" and so on... Oh and the Wraith "another powerful evil superrace like the Goa'uld" and "wtf??? space vampires???"

So yeah, Atlantis wasn't exactly a promising show. From what we know now, Universe seems more promosing, at least to me, but we'd have to wait for the cast list and ultimately the show itself.

So why boycott Universe exactly? Revenge?

Hurting SGU will hurt the franchise itself, which doesn't bode well to Atlantis movies either...

edit: sorry, changed my post.
                Hey... I love SGA, but I'm still convinced that Teyla is just a Teal'c counterpart even down to her stoic nature. As for Shep and O'Neill... well, two peas in a pod... but then so's Mitchell. So I'm going with the fact they're all pilots, who often ARE identical.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  Not if it's bad stargate.

Whilst TPTB want us to accept anything they give us, I'll only continue watching if the quality is high. I've given up on shows before.
                  how do you know if its is going to be bad , okey i know it sounds a little like star treak

but dosent it sound cool being on a ancient ship whit all the new thecand ofcourse the all new stuff we are going to see

give it a break we know the name of the ship on some little detiles what it is about and every one goes crazy and are saying it will suck i know you all are mad about sga so am I but give sgu a chance

Comment

I didn't say that it WAS going to be bad. But just because it's "Stargate" doesn't mean it's automatically good or even better than no Stargate. Sometimes you don't want to see your franchise go down the drain.

Put it this way, let's pretend SGA has just been cancelled, but instead of getting SGU, we're getting Stargate Infinity as the NEW leading Stargate show. Would five years of this be better than nothing? Really? To a lot of people SGU feels like it could just be a live action version of SGI avec ships.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'll give it a chance. I think the premise sounds cool. That could also be that I've never really watched Star Trek. Don't get me wrong I love Atlantis and I'm horribly mad to see it go, but SGU needs to be given a chance in my opinion. You never know it could be good.

Comment

I always watch Stargate by other means because i don't have access to Scifi. I do have all the Sg-1 and Atlantis seasons on DVD. Maybe i will download a few eps of Universe to see if i like it and then buy the dvd's. However i must admit that the concept of the show does not appeal to me. Having the show take place mainly on a ship instead of planets and the shift away from the technology and mythology just does not sound like Stargate to me. What bothers me most however, is that the show will be targeted to a younger audience.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ferrari20092 View Post
                          People for the last time. ATLANTIS WASN'T CANCELED BECAUSE OF UNIVERSE. it's a matter of money, 2 new movies, and a new series would make sci-fi and MGM more money so that is the route they picked. Just watch Universe and if you don't like it fine, but if you hate it before it even comes out your just stupid and ignorant.
                          So telling us they're cancelling SGA one day then saying SGU got the green light the next is just coincidence then huh.....If you really think that you're deluding yourself.....It's clear as day why SGA got cancelled,so they can play with their new toy....

Why should i support SGU,they treated us loyal fans abysmally...They more or less said they want to target a younger audience....Well who cares about the current viewers who've been around for years.....They just dump us at the side of the road when it suited them so no i will not give them my respect or support for this new series!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ferrari20092 View Post
                            People for the last time. ATLANTIS WASN'T CANCELED BECAUSE OF UNIVERSE. it's a matter of money, 2 new movies, and a new series would make sci-fi and MGM more money so that is the route they picked. Just watch Universe and if you don't like it fine, but if you hate it before it even comes out your just stupid and ignorant.
                            If there was no SGU would SGA still have been cancelled?
                            What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by cazzblade View Post
                              if there was no sgu would sga still have been cancelled?
                              hell no
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                hell no
                                Your wrong.Every show gets cancelled eventually
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X