This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    » Well, SGA left after S3 when they started dishing a new show at us, and tons of people still followed along without question. So I'd say your 'cattle' theory is more true than you might think.
    Yet i think there where getting somewhere with season 4 (last half) and season 5. They lost their main female character(weir) and managed to make Teyla a joke of a character, but with Keller and the new female cast , i just had hopes.
    Spoiler:
    APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
    (YEAR 0 - 100)
    "O thou Sun,
    send me as far over the earth
    as is my pleasure and thine,
    and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
    but never hear anything of bad ones,
    nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

they could cancel some of their made for tv scifi movies they show every weekend, i mean sheesh those are bad, the cgi makes my eyes burn.

Gelasius

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Universe is "innocent" and maybe it will be a fantastic SG series. So please, don't boycott it, because if Universe is axed too, than the whole franchise will be finished.
        So???? what are people to be guided like this? let it be axed, canceled i don't give a damn. Their problem, not mine.
        My wishes and what i and many , many more people likes, didn't count to them.. making more money counts to them
        I wont help them with that.They can watch it themselves while eating......
        lemons
        Spoiler:
        APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
        (YEAR 0 - 100)
        "O thou Sun,
        nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
          My wishes and what i and many , many more people likes, didn't count to them.. making more money counts to them
          » It never has. We're just the lemmings that keep those behind a desk in a job.

» Funny, though, how many people that are saying what you said now told the Weir and Beckett fans the same thing back in S4.

Comment

Don't misunderstant me, i don't stick to characters, i had the feeling though that they just needed a powerfull female character and they where messing around with the characters they had. Loosing one completely, destroying another, that wasn't that strong anyway, not managing to replace the losses.
            Yet in general, the show was still amazing, thnx to the rest of the cast, thnx to real science, thnx to whatever.
            Spoiler:
            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
            (YEAR 0 - 100)
            "O thou Sun,
            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

And i know of course it's always about money. I just wished they where more smart and less greedy!! More interested in their work than their busines, after 12 years.
              Spoiler:
              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
              (YEAR 0 - 100)
              "O thou Sun,
              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                sg-1 was initially canceled after season 6 by showtime. Skiffy then picked it up for 4 more seasons. Out of those 4 seasons...only two was designated to be SG-1. The last two seasons were nearly renamed as a spin off series called Stargate Command but skiffy rebuked the idea.

placing the record aside, if skiffy didn't pick up sg-1 and just started sga they would averaged nearly the same.

in reality we had:

sg-1...8 seasons
                sgc....2 seasons
                sga....5 seasons
                SGU...?????

To be honest, unless sgu is better than it sounds I won't expect 2.5 seasons from it.
                I don't consider seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to be a different show and I'm sure that nobody else would have if it wasn't for the writers mentioning that they considered renaming the show. Personally, I'm glad they didn't and if they did, SG-1 would NOT have had the 10 season record.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Kris_x-303 View Post
                  Yeah its SCIFI thats cancelled it, however this does open 2 possibilities;
                  • Another channel will buy it. i.e. Sky One or FX
                  • The producers are going to try and find another channel to show it or are just going to get on with SGU

But still theres no need to boycott universe, its keeping the franchise open abit longer..
                  Channels don't buy shows from other channels anymore to make new episodes as the original channels/networks realize that the show will succeed and another channel could make money that the wouldn't because they're too cheap to spend the original start money to begin with.

Of course, it is still possible that they'll realize that universe was a mistake and cancel it and bring Atlantis back, a lot of shows have been brough back from cancelation after a few years but it's unlikely with scifi at the helm.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by stargate71287 View Post
                    GREAT.So we've been denied Season 6 of Atlantis,just as we're loving the new changes.So let's boycott Universe in protest.
                    I can just imagine an interview with the directors:

"so what's the story behind universe?" "oh, we're very excited about universe." "that's good, because no-one else is."

Ha!
                    Anyone agree?There's no point petitioning,that did nothing for SG1,all we can do is show the <don't call tptb names> in the big black chairs that we're not happy.
                    Wow, good first post....

You've won the award of most pointless idea ever! That includes the idea of a chocolate tea pot.

Comment

I'm not ready to call for a boycott... yet. I want to give it a chance, see some production photos, get some more information and you know, see an episode before I decide what to do with it. I am highly skeptical at this point, but, I love Stargate, so I will always give it a chance.
                      sigpic

Comment

No. I will be watching SGU. I have faith in BW and Coop and the rest of the writers, so I think the show will be good despite the disturbing news about aiming for a younger audience. (BTW I'm 19 so I guess I fall into that younger audience they want, but that still disturbs me.)

Perfecto!

Comment

GREAT.So we've been denied Season 6 of Atlantis,just as we're loving the new changes.So let's boycott Universe in protest.

"so what's the story behind universe?" "oh, we're very excited about universe." "that's good, because no-one else is."

Ha!
                          Anyone agree?There's no point petitioning,that did nothing for SG1,all we can do is show the <don't call tptb names> in the big black chairs that we're not happy.
                          Okay, please, answer only one question of mine: let's say this 'campaign' of yours IS successful and many, many people start boycotting SGU. What if it'll turn out to be good and because of you, it'll get a swift cancel?

I hope you'd at least say 'sorry'.

Besides, if you are so hellbent on ruining the remaining franchise, then I suppose you know that you're endangering possible Atlantis movies as well. Things are intertwined.
                          sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Ha!
                            Sorry, but that is just shameful. I hope fans like this won't clutter the boards and ruin an exciting moment for those who aren't freaking out.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

When has petitioning ever worked?

Werejust going to have to deal with it, and if Universe ends up sucking, then their ratings will plumet and the fanchise (as well as their jobs) will be over.

Comment

SGA over or not, it would be pratically the same for me even if I feel sad for those who liked the show so much. In respect I won't say all I think about that cancellation since they should have done done long time ago.

I guess we can expect a nice first season of Universe and then it will be crap all along (that I STILL watch, I have no idea why). Change the series, change the actors, it helps the creativity, it helps writing new stuffs, it helps going new places. It will be a first season without Replicators and beaming technology until season two when they the old habits will come back. And it will be really nice.

Even if I think the writers are anti-modern and won't be able to make the creative leap they want to do, they can still put a show which will be the same thing basically as SGA. They just should just jump for it and really try things out instead of making the same thing over again and labelling it "different" (come on, it's always the same thing).

Find good actors, a guy like RDA and have fun again, with the wit that characterized SG1 for many years. When they go to much Sci-fi anyway, they just lose it as SGA does, it's totally out of control storyline wise. It's going nowhere and it's ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X