Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if this show is the cause of Atlantis getting dumped i for one am not watching it
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate71287 View Post
      GREAT.So we've been denied Season 6 of Atlantis,just as we're loving the new changes.
      » Not everybody love the new changes.

Comment

I agree. We didn't need another show. It looks like they cancelled Atlantis just to make this show. The stupid scifi has a knack of cancelling an expensive show to produce a cheap substitute.

Vala,

Comment

I'd laugh if Universe was actually just set in the Pegasus Galaxy on a second cityship, and TPTB were just pulling our legs by cancellation of Atlantis.

Comment

To repeat what I said in another thread (I could have paraphrased the whole thing, but I'm just going to repeat it. Forgive me for that. The tow truck guy is here to take my car to the garage for very expensive repairs, and it's rather long):

I wouldn't think of boycotting Scifi, although it's a moot point, since I live in Canada. I suppose I could boycott Space, which is our Scifi channel, so that they wouldn't give any money to Scifi, but I wouldn't.
            I want Stargate Universe to succeed. I don't want the Stargate franchise to end.
            I want Sanctuary to succeed. I want Amanda Tapping to do well.
            And I love Eureka (boy, this week's episode was great!), another fine Canadian production.
            To do otherwise would guarantee that I have nothing to watch on television. It would also mean I wanted a huge number of actors and film crews in Vancouver to be out of work. That's not what I want at all.
            If I'd boycotted Scifi after the cancellation of SG-1, which was much more dear to my heart, it would have meant boycotting Stargate Atlantis. Would that have been a good idea? Most of the folks arguing for a boycott now wouldn't think so...

Comment

I like Atlantis alot and I think the 4th season, and the 5th so far, were fine, but Atlantis is over I'm not going to boycott Universe. The best you could do by boycotting it is getting it cancelled after one season and ending the franchise for good.

10 consecutive seasons for SG-1 is the most ever for a sci-fi show, and 5 certainly isn't bad either. I'm hoping for a good finale (I'm sure it will trump Unending) and a great two hour movie, and hopefully more movies to come.
              "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
              "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

Boycotting Universe will only end the franchise forever. Bad idea imo since it still has a lot of potential.

Comment

can't see the point in boycotting, they may stop making it after 2 and half seasons lol

Comment

nothing quiet like throwing the baby out with the bath water.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                      nothing quiet like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

In my defence its math.

SG1 10 seasons
                      SGA 5 seasons
                      so if sci fi keeping going on like that it translates into 2.5 seasons

Comment

Originally posted by Essex View Post
                        In my defence its math.

SG1 10 seasons
                        SGA 5 seasons
                        true however SCI FI didn't cancel Atlantis, this is most likely MGM's fault
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          true however SCI FI didn't cancel Atlantis, this is most likely MGM's fault

I'd say it's odds on favorite, that it was actually sci-fi that did it again tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Essex View Post
                            In my defense its math.

SG1 10 seasons
                            SGA 5 seasons
                            sg-1 was initially canceled after season 6 by showtime. Skiffy then picked it up for 4 more seasons. Out of those 4 seasons...only two was designated to be SG-1. The last two seasons were nearly renamed as a spin off series called Stargate Command but skiffy rebuked the idea.

placing the record aside, if skiffy didn't pick up sg-1 and just started sga they would averaged nearly the same.

in reality we had:

sg-1...8 seasons
                            sgc....2 seasons
                            sga....5 seasons
                            SGU...?????

To be honest, unless sgu is better than it sounds I won't expect 2.5 seasons from it.
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                              sg-1 was initially canceled after season 6 by showtime. Skiffy then picked it up for 4 more seasons. Out of those 4 seasons...only two was designated to be SG-1. The last two seasons were nearly renamed as a spin off series called Stargate Command but skiffy rebuked the idea.

placing the record aside, if skiffy didn't pick up sg-1 and just started sga they would averaged nearly the same.

in reality we had:

sg-1...8 seasons
                              sgc....2 seasons
                              sga....5 seasons
                              SGU...?????

To be honest, unless sgu is better than it sounds I won't expect 2.5 seasons from it.
                              TBH I won't be watching it myself, after this latest cancellation I don't want to risk getting into a show thats only going to be pulled out. SGA is the only spin off show that I have loved from the beginning. Hell being the anti rodney I am, (and I'm gonna cringe to say it) I'm gonna miss that dingus.

Comment

Universe is "innocent" and maybe it will be a fantastic SG series. So please, don't boycott it, because if Universe is axed too, than the whole franchise will be finished.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X