This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Essex View Post
    I'd say it's odds on favorite, that it was actually sci-fi that did it again tbh.
    that would make no sense. the ratings and viewers improved and the stories have been better than ever. I'm pretty sure it was MGM's decision
    While SCI FI has not yet announced a green light for that show, the end of Atlantis may clear the way -- the dollars available for original programming, that is -- for the next series.
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0..._end_thi.shtml
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Hmmm, no, don't think I'll boycott anything ... if it's Stargate, I'll probably watch it, regardless of the premise.

I don't think you can blame this all on SGU -- we're a victim of our own success ~ the movies did so well that MGM wants to make more movies.

Comment

I'm not boycotting Universe or Sci-fi. I love Sci-fi stuff, and I'm looking forward to Amanda Tapping's new show too.

SG-1 may have got 10 yrs, but not 10 yrs on Sci-fi, the first 5 were on Showtime.

I really wanted another season of Atlantis, but it's not the end of it. And just maybe, with Universe, I'll find a new cast to love, as I didn't know hardly any of the cast of Atlantis when it started except for a couple, and I grew to love them. And hopefully, it will happen again with Universe.
        sigpic

Comment

I would probably watch SGU even if it was bad if they didn't cancel SGA like this, but since they did, I'm definitely not watching if it doesn't live up to my expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate71287 View Post
            GREAT.So we've been denied Season 6 of Atlantis,just as we're loving the new changes.So let's boycott Universe in protest.
            I can just imagine an interview with the directors:

"so what's the story behind universe?" "oh, we're very excited about universe." "that's good, because no-one else is."

Ha!
            Anyone agree?There's no point petitioning,that did nothing for SG1,all we can do is show the <don't call tptb names> in the big black chairs that we're not happy.
            No.

Comment

I'm not boycotting. I'm just not interested.
              My Livejournal
              I watched all of the first four seasons of SGA last May. Here are my newbie impressions.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate71287 View Post
                GREAT.So we've been denied Season 6 of Atlantis,just as we're loving the new changes.So let's boycott Universe in protest.
                I can just imagine an interview with the directors:

"so what's the story behind universe?" "oh, we're very excited about universe." "that's good, because no-one else is."

Ha!
                Anyone agree?There's no point petitioning,that did nothing for SG1,all we can do is show the <don't call tptb names> in the big black chairs that we're not happy.
                Boycote sgu? I'LL BOYCOTE SCI FI CHANNEL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD...............
                What on earth do they think of people when they say "support" sgu? what are we cattle ? already bought viewers?
                If they cancel SGA to (as they did to Firefly), i just wont see anything that channel makes anymore, notever.
                Spoiler:
                APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                (YEAR 0 - 100)
                "O thou Sun,
                send me as far over the earth
                as is my pleasure and thine,
                and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                but never hear anything of bad ones,
                nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

I'm not boycotting. I'm just not interested.
                  How do you know? We know nothing about it except a vague early outline, and some rumors.
                  If they cancel SGA to (as they did to Firefly), i just wont see anything that channel makes anymore, notever.
                  Scifi had nothing to do with Firefly, although they may have showed it after the fact. Firefly was a Fox network show.

Comment

» Skiffy didn't cancel Firefly. That was FOX.

» I don't see what boycotting Universe is going to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                      Boycote sgu? I'LL BOYCOTE SCI FI CHANNEL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD...............
                      What on earth do they think of people when they say "support" sgu? what are we cattle ? already bought viewers?
                      SCI FI did NOT cancel Atlantis, this was MGM's decision
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Well if they cancelled SGA to make way for SGU then i for one am not ever gonna watch it
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pic-CollSwan View Post
                          Hmmm, no, don't think I'll boycott anything ... if it's Stargate, I'll probably watch it, regardless of the premise.

I don't think you can blame this all on SGU -- we're a victim of our own success ~ the movies did so well that MGM wants to make more movies.
                          I think you are right. MGM just cut out the middleman.

Comment

Show them that we where SGA atlantis and not some "cattle" like bunch of people that go after whatever they're throwing at us...
                            Most of the people i know(all of them really), where fans of SGA , not SG in general. It was the CITY OF ATLANTIS that was the main character of the show, not the damn GATES. They where just a mean to travel.....
                            Spoiler:
                            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                            (YEAR 0 - 100)
                            "O thou Sun,
                            send me as far over the earth
                            as is my pleasure and thine,
                            and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                            but never hear anything of bad ones,
                            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                              Show them that we where SGA atlantis and not some "cattle" like bunch of people that go after whatever they're throwing at us...
                              » Well, SGA left after S3 when they started dishing a new show at us, and tons of people still followed along without question. So I'd say your 'cattle' theory is more true than you might think.

Comment

Why in earth would they cancel Atlantis and go for another show doomed to be the same? Unless they make some big changes in the new show(if it will EVER happen lol ) I dont see it doing better then Atlantis at all so they better save them ****in money for ATLANTIS WE DONT CARE ABOUT A NEW SHOW!!!!

Gonna take a couple of days to calm down. ****ing lamers , the one responsible for cancellation can die right now please, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X