This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myles View Post
    It's entirely possible they canceled SGA so the money going into it could go into Universe if they thought it would do better. Sci Fi also wants to be apart of the future DVD movies.
    It's my expectation that Universe is being written by the same tired old lot that did the previous gate shows. Why would SCIFI think they were going to get anything that new or different from the other Stargate shows they had?

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
      Don't worry Universe wont happen.
      Why would the channel make another Stargate show when the last just got cancelled?
      They know the franchise in it's current form is finished and SCIFI will just move on to other new fresh stuff.
      I wouldn't be so sure about that. You make it sound as if you know Universe won't happen, and I peronally think you're wrong. I can see it being even more likely now, especially if the whole 'MGM cancelled Atlantis' thing is true.

I'm sad about this. But I'm certainly going to give Universe a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris_x-303 View Post
        Yeah its SCIFI thats cancelled it, however this does open 2 possibilities;
        • Another channel will buy it. i.e. Sky One or FX
        • The producers are going to try and find another channel to show it or are just going to get on with SGU

But still theres no need to boycott universe, its keeping the franchise open abit longer..
        Another channel will not buy it because MGM will stop producing the series (so that they can fund SGU), I've heard that they didn't go to Sci-fi for renewal. Sci-fi may well have renewed it considering the improvement in ratings and that they want to air more movies, they didn't air the SG1 movies because it was Sci-Fi that cancelled SG1.
        What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Folks, again, be as upset as you want bout what has happened, but do NOT call tptb names. Do NOT call each other names.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I haven't liked a lot of the changes done to SGA recently, so when word of "Universe" leaked out, it caught my interest. I don't mind a carryover character or two - maybe one each from SG1 and SGA, but I do hope there is a major overhaul in the writing department. Most SGA episodes have turned into total retreads of SG1 episodes and it has been disappointing to see the lack of creativity by the current writing staff.

Better luck with the next show, and hopefully TPTB have learned the lesson of the day - don't kill off your most loved characters for shock value!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

We don't know if Universe will be greenlit yet.

If not, then that's the Stargate Franchise practically dead.

The only thing that's perhaps hopeful is a 3rd SG-1 Movie and an Atlantis Movie.

After that we'll have to survive on the occasional movie being produced, which Atlantis might not get more than 1 of.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                I haven't liked a lot of the changes done to SGA recently, so when word of "Universe" leaked out, it caught my interest. I don't mind a carryover character or two - maybe one each from SG1 and SGA, but I do hope there is a major overhaul in the writing department. Most SGA episodes have turned into total retreads of SG1 episodes and it has been disappointing to see the lack of creativity by the current writing staff.

Better luck with the next show, and hopefully TPTB have learned the lesson of the day - don't kill off your most loved characters for shock value!
                McKay would be a great carry over character as he is a character which most people like and he certainly has room for more character development.

Comment

The best thing for the franchise would be to leave Sci-Fi channel. They are one of the worst networks out there.
                  It feels good to be alive.
                  Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

SGA will be done after five seasons, whether you like it or not.

You can choose to continue to support the Stargate franchise by looking forward to (and hoping that it will get produced) SGU or you can be angry and try to boycott it and only hurt the Stargate franchise.
                    sigpic

Comment

why does universe HAVE to come out on this channel? Why not a more stable channel?
                      It feels good to be alive.
                      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Boycotting SGU won't solve much. Even if you could get every American Stargate fan to not watch, it still wouldn't matter when compared to the casual viewers
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by stargate71287 View Post
                          GREAT.So we've been denied Season 6 of Atlantis,just as we're loving the new changes.So let's boycott Universe in protest.
                          I can just imagine an interview with the directors:

"so what's the story behind universe?" "oh, we're very excited about universe." "that's good, because no-one else is."

Ha!
                          Anyone agree?There's no point petitioning,that did nothing for SG1,all we can do is show the <don't call tptb names> in the big black chairs that we're not happy.
                          That is without a doubt the stupidest strategy to save a show I've ever heard of. No amount of "boycotting" will bring back Atlantis. A boycott can only serve to hurt the franchise.

Besides, we don't know why SGA was cancelled. Who ever said it was to make room for Universe? I doubt very much this was the case. It makes no sense (why cancel a proven success in favor of a new show which may very well fail??).
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                            We don't know if Universe will be greenlit yet.

If not, then that's the Stargate Franchise practically dead.

The only thing that's perhaps hopeful is a 3rd SG-1 Movie and an Atlantis Movie.

After that we'll have to survive on the occasional movie being produced, which Atlantis might not get more than 1 of.
                            Thank you for succinctly summarizing what we know so far.

One thing that appears to be true is that Atlantis didn't get cancelled because of SGU, because it doesn't look like SGU is even in the pipeline yet.

Comment

i feel bad that its canceled but i cant stand to boycott universe
                              sigpic
                              100 million light years away from earth:
                              Doh!

please click the eggs or they will die . You don't want to be a killer do u?

Comment

I guess the only remnant of the Sg franchise is now Stargate Worlds.......which hasn't been drawing alot of positive attention lately...

Comment

Working...
                                X