Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it wont happen but i would like to see a Atlantis character (maybe McKay) end up as a main character on Stargate Universe. David Hewlett loves science fiction and im sure he would be willing to go on Stargate Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
      One must note though that five seasons is actually somewhat of a decent numbe for a TV show since some series barely last more then three seasons at times. However, having said that, I do think SGA needed at least another season just to wrap up some plotlines as I think there are too many for SGA movies to make effectively. Plus, I wanted to see the DV aliens again anyway, personally, not going to boycott Universe and will wait to see how it goes though I am somewhat disappointed by SGA's cancellation.
      Ditto on all counts.
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I'm not going to boycott Stargate Universe, and certainly not incite people to do so. Plain and simple, I will just probably not watch it -- not because I'm mad but because it's another show, and I usually don't watch TV series at all.

Factors that made me discover SGA and love it and buy the DVDs were very special:
        * A friend of mine basically "forced" me to watch "The Rising",
        * I instantly loved Elizabeth Weir,
        * I instantly loved the amazing city of Atlantis and its discovery,
        * I instantly loved the wraith.
        Later in the series, we lost Weir and the discovery factor, but we gained Todd, who is now my favourite character. No individual element would be enough for me to watch (with maybe the exception of Todd): It's the accumulation of these factors that are the reason why I watch SGA: The team interaction, main and secondary characters, the specific balance between action, humour and character development...

Now what has Universe? Different place, different characters, different storyline... Why should I care more than for any other sci-fi show, just because it has "Stargate" in it and is written by the same people? It's another show anyway. I don't want to boycott it, but why should I care?
        My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
        Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
        sigpic

Comment

besides there are msot important things to boycott then a show

"cough" gas prices "cough"

we'll know more later today more why the show was discontunied

Comment

Well, Laura, maybe Universe will possess at least a similar kind of schematic in terms of its balance between humor and more serious issues? Also, if it's written by the same people, it stands to reason that there could be characters as well-done as Weir and Todd coming from them.
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
              As far as I know, it was SCIFI that cancelled it, not MGM.
              Yeah its SCIFI thats cancelled it, however this does open 2 possibilities;
              • Another channel will buy it. i.e. Sky One or FX
              • The producers are going to try and find another channel to show it or are just going to get on with SGU

But still theres no need to boycott universe, its keeping the franchise open abit longer..
              Last edited by Kris_x-303; 21 August 2008, 03:24 AM. Reason: missed abit

Comment

Hey theres an idea! Why doesn't show time pick it up again and get the ratings that will come back to bite sci if in the ass?that way showtime gets all the good ratings with half the work!
                Sozan, a Chinese Zen master, was asked by a student: "What is the most valuable thing in the world?"
                The master replied: "The head of a dead cat."
                "Why is the head of a dead cat the most valuable thing in the world?" inquired the student.
                Sozan replied: "Because no one can name its price."

A long time ago in China there were two friends, one who played the harp skillfully and one who listened skillfully.
                When the one played or sang about a mountain, the other would say: "I can see the mountain before us."
                When the other played about water, the listener would exclaim: "Here is the running stream!"
                But the listener fell sick and died. The first friend cut the strings of his harp and never played again. Since that time the cutting of harp strings has always been a sign of intimate friendship.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                  As far as I know, it was SCIFI that cancelled it, not MGM.
                  It was MGM.

And I wasn't going to watch SGU anyway.
                  What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda fan View Post
                    why boycott one stargate show to save another ???
                    exactly, if this means we get 2 SGA movies atleast one SG1 movie next year, and then the next year SGU and 1 or 2 STARGATE movies pooling from both casts and both showpast for storylines, i could live with that.

shame though because i dont think we'll get SGU next year and will have to wait another year.
                    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda fan View Post
                      why boycott one stargate show to save another ???

if universe does bad then that means MGM was justified to cancel Atlantis
                      It is the SCIFI CHANNEL that cancelled Stargate SG1 and now again Atlantis. NOT MGM!
                      Lord Zedd

Comment

Were people seriously expecting SG-1 to last forever? Ten seasons is incredible. For whatever varying reasons, both networks which aired the series thought in fives, ultimately. Showtime from the get-go; Sci-Fi over time. Same thing happened with SGA.

Five seasons isn't bad, and both shows are continuing in their own ways. And if you hated AoT and Continuum, then I'm sorry, but with many people hating entire seasons of the series and its sister, you aren't unique in hand-picking a particular portion of the franchise and loathing it. It happens all over this franchise, and entertainment as a whole.

I'm truly sorry if you hate the idea of SGA continuing on a two-hour basis, but it is what it is. But Sci-Fi ending it after five years, while from a ratings perspective seeming off, isn't exactly the network's biggest blunder in history, and it isn't completely surprising, either.

Comment

Doing DVD's for series seems to be the 'new' thing. BSG is doing the same, tieing up their story whilst having DVD movies. So we ain't exactly alone in this situation.

Comment

Don't worry Universe wont happen.
                            Why would the channel make another Stargate show when the last just got cancelled?
                            They know the franchise in it's current form is finished and SCIFI will just move on to other new fresh stuff.

Comment

as much as I love the characters cancellation makes sense
                              the show is going nowhere, there's no story left to tell
                              the writers have become more concentrated on action than actual story, and the franchise has completely lost all sense of adventure which shows both in Atlantis and the movies.

SGU is a chance at a fresh start, a new plot and new concepts
                              and now that it's going to get the writers' full attention its looking even better

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                                Don't worry Universe wont happen.
                                Why would the channel make another Stargate show when the last just got cancelled?
                                They know the franchise in it's current form is finished and SCIFI will just move on to other new fresh stuff.
                                It's entirely possible they canceled SGA so the money going into it could go into Universe if they thought it would do better. Sci Fi also wants to be apart of the future DVD movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X