This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LostCityGuardian View Post
    A distinction between their approach to the franchise and SGU specifically doesn't make sense. They are tightly linked now. Focussing on making a very good SGU is also going to further the interests of the franchise as a whole. The flip side of that is that if SGU goes down, the franchise is likely to as well.
    It seems I didn't explain myself as well as I should. I know everything Stargate is now part of the franchise, and that's exactly why I won't watch SGU.

Why bother watching, if is likely that no matter how great it would be, in a couple of seasons it may be treated with the same IMO neglect that SGA got.

If people get to feel that SGU is the best series ever, good for them. I've been trying to find something appealing in the news about SGU but, thankfully, so far it hasn't happened. The choosen 40sh leader could change that but I doubt my favorite actors are popular enough, although I can hope.

I'm going to give myself a little more time to get over SG1, SGA, and SGU to finally be able to wipe the Stargate franchise out of my system.

Comment

A boycott implies that it's something you might normally watch, but would go out of your way to avoid on purpose, to make a point. At some cost to yourself.

But, I'm just not going to watch SGU. Boycotting it is just too strong of a word, because it implies I actually care about it, and I don't. My interest in the franchise is directly proportional to its involvement in anything having to do with the characters of SG-1. And since SGU has nothing to do with SG-1, why bother?

Comment

Originally posted by Kanetsidohi View Post
        It seems I didn't explain myself as well as I should. I know everything Stargate is now part of the franchise, and that's exactly why I won't watch SGU.

Why bother watching, if is likely that no matter how great it would be, in a couple of seasons it may be treated with the same IMO neglect that SGA got.

If people get to feel that SGU is the best series ever, good for them. I've been trying to find something appealing in the news about SGU but, thankfully, so far it hasn't happened. The choosen 40sh leader could change that but I doubt my favorite actors are popular enough, although I can hope.

I'm going to give myself a little more time to get over SG1, SGA, and SGU to finally be able to wipe the Stargate franchise out of my system.
        Fair enough. I guess (like most things on this forum) it comes back to a matter of opinion. I guess everyone moves on eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
          A boycott implies that it's something you might normally watch, but would go out of your way to avoid on purpose, to make a point. At some cost to yourself.

But, I'm just not going to watch SGU. Boycotting it is just too strong of a word, because it implies I actually care about it, and I don't. My interest in the franchise is directly proportional to its involvement in anything having to do with the characters of SG-1. And since SGU has nothing to do with SG-1, why bother?
          Absolutely agree with everything you say, i just need to put SGA where you have SG1.
          Even though a 10 year old show like SG1 is rather more interesting like the one they're planning (judging from what they've let us know so far).
          At least i am old enough to watch SG1 and SGA, while i am not ..young enough for their new toy.
          Spoiler:
          APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
          (YEAR 0 - 100)
          "O thou Sun,
          send me as far over the earth
          as is my pleasure and thine,
          and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
          but never hear anything of bad ones,
          nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

this stupid, have fun!

sigpic
            Sig made by squirrely1
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
            *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
              Damn, that was well said! I had more interest in SGA when there were SG-1 characters in the episodes, though I did very much enjoy the earlier seasons with Weir and Beckett as well.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Gavatarman View Post
                this stupid, have fun!
                What's stupid? sg1 was a wonderfull show for all ages. For some reason tptb thought it was all right to say "we're making a new show for younger audiences".
                Not my fault if they left me out of it!!
                Spoiler:
                APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                (YEAR 0 - 100)
                "O thou Sun,
                send me as far over the earth
                as is my pleasure and thine,
                and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                but never hear anything of bad ones,
                nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

We lost SG-1, Atlantis was different, now we get Universe, it will be very different... there's development and we have to accept it, even if we don't want. But probably we should just be happy with what we get. I'm no Atlantis fan, I like to watch BSG a lot more, however, I'm very sad to lose Atlantis and I can accept the ending of BSG.
                  Stargate is just so much more than just a series... look around that board! Discussions about every little hint or bit of information we get! Stargate to me makes only much sense when we can share it.
                  As long as we share Stargate, not necessarily the cast, not necessarily TPTB, I'm talking about the idea itself, as long as we keep it alive, it will be there.

So, we need to stick together, all of us. And if we don't agree on things, let's kick each others asses, but never forget what it is about: a show that we love and live.

thx for the attention

siba
                  SGU: Their Only Mission is Survival

Indeed.
                  Who knew that this was to take literally!

Forever my team:

Comment

You know what guys, watch, don't watch. But I kinda find a 'boycott the show' an odd thing to have on a forum that's dedicated to fans of the show.

Do what you want on your own space and time, but here, let's just enjoy the show.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X