Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    well i've already been labeled creepy and disturbing
    You know I meant it in the nicest possible way
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      You're absolutely right about that possibility, of course. I suppose I'm just feeling defensive and the writer's negativity irked me.

Re Tamara - she does seem pretty tough, but I think that's a good thing
      Hey, if they play their cards right, touch chicks could totally work and be awesome! Think Aeryn Sun. SF needs a whole lot more of her around.

Promo from EW comic con preview (spoilers)

:: flails ::

Oh my dear....HAWTNESS!!
      Spoiler:

I am totally on board with this ship. Granted, to be totally honest I'll wait for the actual show to air before I judge whether or not they actually have chemistry, but for the sake of appearing like a brainless fangirl...

:: swoon ::

For the sake of being "dark and edgy" ( )....

Did you really?
      sigpic

Comment

Its ok it makes a can from me being called a b****.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
          Hey, if they play their cards right, touch chicks could totally work and be awesome! Think Aeryn Sun. SF needs a whole lot more of her around.
          Yes! Capable, strong and independent women who can handle the situation they are thrown into.

For the sake of being "dark and edgy" ( )....

Did you really?
          I really did! LOL!

Its ok it makes a can from me being called a b****.
          Now that, I would never do
          sigpic

Comment

Yes! Capable, strong and independent women who can handle the situation they are thrown into.
            Who then aren't tossed aside or trivialised by strong, capable men? Yes, indeed.

Now that, I would never do
            For the sake of being "dark and edgy" ( )...

I'll stop now.
            sigpic

Comment

Who then aren't tossed aside or trivialised by strong, capable men? Yes, indeed.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                I'm one of those who happened to find those ''rubber-faced, alien, English-speaking bad guys'' Wraith incredibly sexy. I'm afraid that I won't be finding SGU sexier even in the sense where the word is now used to describe sports cars.and mobile phones because it's all about ordinary, contemporary humans.

I admit that I'm feeling a bit cynical, though, after seeing this photograph because it makes me think that 'sexier' really means hot chicks in low cut tops.

http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazin...gate-universe/

Sorry, but I'm a heterosexual woman so have no interest in looking at other women's cleavages. So who's in the show so far for me to thunk over? Putting aside the fact that no human males could ever compare to Wraith for attractiveness as far as I'm concerned, the only ones I can find who might appeal to me in any way are Young and Telford.
                You should probably seek professional help.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  What I was going to say. That's pretty disturbing.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    For instance, hiring some of the Atlantis makeup crew. They are professionals at turning human males into Wraith.
                    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                      Why? Wraith were obviously designed to have a dark, Gothic, sex appeal and it succeeded going by the number of fans they have. As my teenage fantasy was Christopher Lee's Dracula, though, you'll probably still think I'm strange.

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                      For instance, hiring some of the Atlantis makeup crew. They are professionals at turning human males into Wraith.
                      A brilliant suggestion.
                      sigpic

Comment

Tho i knew Wray was first lesbian in a lead role on Stargate, I didnt know she is the first Asian American lesbian on any primetime broadcast or basic cable show in America. And apparently one of only two regular lesbian characters next season in the US. (or so i read).

Comment

Tho i knew Wray was first lesbian in a lead role on Stargate, I didnt know she is the first Asian American lesbian on any primetime broadcast or basic cable show in America. And apparently one of only two regular lesbian characters next season in the US. (or so i read).
                          Wow, and people were whining because "lesbian" had been overdone

[EDIT] I loled at Pan's reaction to that photo...

[EDIT2]

Originally posted by Madwelshboy
                          On side not there was no snark from EW this time!! And SGU was the only show on the list
                          I am speechless. No unwarranted, unprofessionalism this time around?! :faints:
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                            Wait...someone said it was overdone? I'm going to assume these people only watch one show on television..."The L Word".

[EDIT] I loled at Pan's reaction to that photo...
                            You find swooning women hilarious? Interesting...

This explains everything.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                              I'm assuming sarcasm.

Comment

Wait...someone said it was overdone? I'm going to assume these people only watch one show on television..."The L Word".
                                Don't you remember? When it was announced that Wray was the lesbian character, the majority of people (I'm serious on that) were saying it should have been a male, as gay women had been done before, and bisexual women even moreso.

They made it seem as if "lesbian has been done to death".

You find swooning women hilarious? Interesting...

This explains everything.

Originally posted by Madwelshboy
                                I'm assuming sarcasm.
                                Um, not on my part

I'm dead serious...it was all over the homosexual debate threads when we found out it was Wray and not one of the male cast members. I mean, I guess it could have just been all white lesbian women up until now, but I thought it was cool that Ming-Na is in that situation with her character.
                                Sig by Pandora's Box
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X