Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
    Nice idea but I'm not sure if travelling closer to the centre of the universe would result in time travel, it's just that you can see the moments after the big Bang due to the amount of time the light took to travel this far!
    you would not be able to actually visit moments just after the big bang without travelling through time...

you can see moments after the big bang only by looking at distant stars... not travelling to them...
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

how about this idea:

Earth decides to reverse engineer a stargate. They build one that has flaws. When they run it the first time it activates the ninth chevron which is used to create incoming wormholes. Some bad guys get through the gate and take over the earth. In a rush, one sg1 team gets through the original gate to escape and get cut off from the earth gate. They are alone and have to rely only a few gate addresses from memory, they go back to planets sg1 went to and see how things have changed since they left. Anyway, the whole point of the series is to get a time machine to undo everything or get back to earth with an army. It would be like a what if situation. It wouldn't hold with the atlantis series, i.e atlantis would see earth as it always has. Maybe this series would be in the far future? Its an interesting thought.

Comment

Originally posted by maximusvii View Post
        how about this idea:

Earth decides to reverse engineer a stargate. They build one that has flaws. When they run it the first time it activates the ninth chevron which is used to create incoming wormholes. Some bad guys get through the gate and take over the earth. In a rush, one sg1 team gets through the original gate to escape and get cut off from the earth gate. They are alone and have to rely only a few gate addresses from memory, they go back to planets sg1 went to and see how things have changed since they left. Anyway, the whole point of the series is to get a time machine to undo everything or get back to earth with an army. It would be like a what if situation. It wouldn't hold with the atlantis series, i.e atlantis would see earth as it always has. Maybe this series would be in the far future? Its an interesting thought.
        1. incoming wormhole is interesting

2. reverse engineer a stargate? do you mean build one from scratch or reverse engineer one? they could build a new one, and no it probs would not have flaws bc they have a working one in their base, plus i'm sure, the blueprints in that Atlatis database... B. in order to reverse engineer something, you need to have a PIECE of it, not the entire thing... you can reverse engineer a car based on an engine, to an extent, but to build a new car based on another one is simply building a new car...

3. one sg1 team? you mean mitchell sam teal'c and daniel, right? bc they are SG-1... or do you mean just a different SG team, like SG-2, or SG-17?

4. very doubtful that the stranded team would only know a few addresses from memory... at that, i'm sure that every SG team has an ally's address memorized, like a tok'ra base, or teal'c's homeworld... so they wouldn't be stranded for long.

5. some bad guys get through the gate and take over earth... very unlikely... for a few reasons.... 1. when they establish an incoming wormhole, they'd close the iris, bc the new gate would defs have an iris for exactly that reason. 2. the asgard equipped battlecruisers would wipe the crap out of the enemies if they made their way to the surface. 3. the SGC would simply lockdown the base and, if necessary, self-destruct the base possibly with nukes if need be... problem solved.

the only interesting part, is the 9th chevron opening an incoming wormhole...

but it stops there bc once an unscheduled incoming wormhole is established, the iris closes and nothing matters...

sorry

Comment

hehe just suggesting something different

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
            Nice idea but I'm not sure if travelling closer to the centre of the universe would result in time travel, it's just that you can see the moments after the big Bang due to the amount of time the light took to travel this far!
            I know, that's what I said: They are traveling closer to the center of the universe AND jumping back in time when gating to another galaxy cluster.

Club Mats likes you.

Comment

As far as the information that has been posted goes ( and other users suggested) I think one of the more likely scenarios that might occur is:

The ancients lived in our local cluster of galaxies, as did the Ori. They were the highest/oldest form of life here.
              During their time they sent out expeditions to other galaxy clusters, and found lifeforms that were even older and more powerful than they were. Those lifeforms did not rule/live in one cluster but many clusters thus inhabiting a bigger part of our "universe".

Those lifeforms also built a means of transportation between worlds/clusters/galaxies which was similiar to the ancient stargates, but different.

Maybe even the stargates the ancients build are based on the transporation technology by these other lifeforms. No matter what, the ninth chevron was put there to allow connecting from our local cluster/stargate based transporation system to the network that is formed by the other lifeforms means of transportation.

So SGC activate the ninth chevron and comes out in a different galaxy cluster with totally different aliens, where the Ancients just were visitors themselves, and not by far the most advanced/oldest lifeform.

What do you think ?
              It would a) account for the more disconnected than SGA statement, since we would have a totally different mythology as the ancient/gouald/wraith/ori just don't matter here, it would make use of the ninth chevron, and it still could be based in the present.

Comment

i'm really sick of the idea of taking us to another galaxy, it would be just like atlantis, this show is supposed to be different to SG1 and SGA, i think we can scrap that idea already! If it turns out to be that, it would be really lame.

And as for a more advanced race, why always with the more powerful tech. I'm sick of earth getting better and better tech, we didnt need that in early sg1 it was more about survival against an impossible enemy. Its easy to say i have a new shield that protects against ur mega weapon mwhahah. oh no they got a more powerful weapon, ill go get a newer shield from that friendly advanced alien race over there, oh wait they arent friendly, lets steal it then. Same old stuff.

Comment

Problem is for a scifi show there has to be an enemy that is at least evenly matched. Otherwise there is no point really to the whole show.

Now we have Asgard Tech and Ancient Tech to a degree ( which makes me mad by the way, if the Asgard can't understand Ancient tech, how come that McKay can easily make everything work in Atlantis by hooking up his Dell Laptop )

The Ori will be dealt with in AOT, and thus no real danger left for Earth.

So they have to introduce some new element that we can't easily beat with our aquired Asgard/Ancient technologies -> Thus the new enemy has to be even more powerful than the Ancient/Ori..... Thus my idea of where Universe may lead.

Whats really needed here would be a totally different kind of SCIFI Show... but thats not likely to happen, they won't change the basic formula that made SG1/Atlantis successful....

Comment

Originally posted by maximusvii View Post
                    Maybe this series would be in the far future? Its an interesting thought.
                    sorry to burst your bubble but they have stated that it will definately not happen in the far future or past.

No matter what, the ninth chevron was put there to allow connecting from our local cluster/stargate based transporation system to the network that is formed by the other lifeforms means of transportation.
                    i quite like that idea, you could make the new gates look really weird aswell, nothing like what we've seen
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

the only thing i'm really hoping for is that we do NOT discover a new race that is superior in every way to the Ancients.... bc that would seriously undermine their presence in SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                        the only thing i'm really hoping for is that we do NOT discover a new race that is superior in every way to the Ancients.... bc that would seriously undermine their presence in SG-1
                        i agree with that, i'd quite like to see some post-technological races, that have forgotten about their amazing past, and we help them rediscover it or something.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing a new alien race that were rivals of the Ancients... I mean a bad guy race that they warred with for sometime. They had something like that in the cancelled SG: Alliance game which showed some large monstrous aliens that were the enemies of the Ancients until they were locked away in another dimension.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

you would not be able to actually visit moments just after the big bang without travelling through time...

you can see moments after the big bang only by looking at distant stars... not travelling to them...
                            Thought as much!
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                              I wouldnt mind seeing a new alien race that were rivals of the Ancients... I mean a bad guy race that they warred with for sometime. They had something like that in the cancelled SG: Alliance game which showed some large monstrous aliens that were the enemies of the Ancients until they were locked away in another dimension.
                              negative... we have 3 of those races already:

The Ori
                              The Asurans
                              The Wraith

what, i think, we really need is a race that is equal to US... they've been around just as long... have had a similar history (relatively undisturbed by aliens)... sprawling across their planet numbering in the single digit billions... and just now giving birth to their age of interstellar space travel...

we have yet to see an enemy that is on the same footing as us because in both series, in both the MW and P galaxies, all the other civilizations have been enslaved, abused, and limited in their growth by alien superraces...

so enough with the David vs. Goliath

bring on Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant

a duel between student and master will be over quickly, one way or the other... but a duel between 2 masters can last forever....

Comment

negative... we have 3 of those races already:

The Ori
                                The Asurans
                                The Wraith

what, i think, we really need is a race that is equal to US... they've been around just as long... have had a similar history (relatively undisturbed by aliens)... sprawling across their planet numbering in the single digit billions... and just now giving birth to their age of interstellar space travel...

we have yet to see an enemy that is on the same footing as us because in both series, in both the MW and P galaxies, all the other civilizations have been enslaved, abused, and limited in their growth by alien superraces...

so enough with the David vs. Goliath

bring on Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant

a duel between student and master will be over quickly, one way or the other... but a duel between 2 masters can last forever....
                                I like the idea of an enemy on the same level as us but they'll need something as cool as the oddy to even be a challenge to us.

Comment

Working...
                                X