Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fabiano View Post
    It's a strange idea, but like others sayed, a good script can make a nice show, it's a new scene this idea, never thinked about it....

Nice point...
    I just don't like it. Off-hand it sounds very generic and boring to me..
    http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
    sigpic
    My fics at my site
    Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Stargate Culture - like the Iain M Banks Culture novels? Borrow a few ideas from them?

Comment

Originally posted by squeaky View Post
        did any one else hear that it might be set in the ori home galaxy ))))
        No.

Comment

I hope we get some more on the arthurian mythos perhaps..
          http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
          sigpic
          My fics at my site
          Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

I don't think Ori galaxy should be it's location unless it holds worthwhile exploration. But after all for me, i feel the Ori should of been the third series, and it should have had Cam and Vala leading roles, with maybe Daniel Jackson there or not. As my view has always been this;

SG1 should of ended with Season 8, the goauld defeated SG1 been victoriou and then the end of SG1 before things started to change majorly eg personel.

Then the Ori would of been introduced maybea t the end of SG1 or in a preseason like Battlestar did with that miniseries which led us into the new season. Or even do an episode lead in like SG1 did fo Atlantis. So then the third series would featurethe Ori as the main enemy and thus they could of taken more time with teh storyline instead of rushing it in two seasons and a movie. And of course then Sg1 wouldn't of been tainted as some view it has now, i personally don't, but i have always felt that the Ori should of been the third season.

Anyone think the Ori and their galaxy should of been the third season instead of an extension to SG1?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1989 View Post
              Anyone think the Ori and their galaxy should of been the third season instead of an extension to SG1?
              I think so too. Though I can't say I dislike what was done (still haven't watched all the 10th season though).
              sigpic
              My fics at my site

Comment

Well I for one am stoked, I just hope they aren't spreading themselves to thin and borrowing too many plot-lines.

I've got one word......Russians???

Maybe lol
                sigpic

Comment

I personally hope it's set in an alternate universe, one in which things are radically different, and the team has to try and make sense of things and try and remedy some problems.

I mean things like:

- The Goa'uld and Ori armies are at war, as SG-1 never defeated the System Lords.
                  - The Asgard are a powerful race in the Ida Galaxy, but want nothing to do with Earth, thinking they're very primative.
                  - The Replicators never existed.
                  - Earth never found Atlantis, as the Ancients are holding out against the Wraith to this day.
                  - The Aschen Confederation destroyed the Alpha Site as retibution for the events of "2001".
                  - Vala and Tomin are loyal commanders in the Ori army.

etc.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

man, i've got to hit this....

it's cool, what is it with you people? you don't like the title, you complain about SG-1 and SGA and about two series being run at the same time. TRUE stargate fans WOULD NEVER complain about such things. The title is OK, but COULD BE BETTER i agree, but so what. you don't watch it because of the title, do you?

As for the series being more seperate from SG-1 and SGA, has anyone thought that it wouldn't be about earth and humans. Why wouldn't it be about a group of ALIENS (ok, human like aliens), that were at war with each other (or something along the line) and now they find themselfs runing from the common enemy. Like runners in pegasus. And this aliens posess unatural powers, sort of like priors or yet better mutants from X3: The last stand (powers like blowing fire or being very freaking fast and stuf). They find the gate and have no idea whatsoever about what it is and try to dial randomly and that's how they learn about the gate.

Also if the series is successful it could crossover with atlantis or SG-1.

Hope no one thought of that by now. I admint I didn't read all the posts so don't stone me to death.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
                      man, i've got to hit this....

it's cool, what is it with you people? you don't like the title, you complain about SG-1 and SGA and about two series being run at the same time. TRUE stargate fans WOULD NEVER complain about such things. The title is OK, but COULD BE BETTER i agree, but so what. you don't watch it because of the title, do you?

As for the series being more seperate from SG-1 and SGA, has anyone thought that it wouldn't be about earth and humans. Why wouldn't it be about a group of ALIENS (ok, human like aliens), that were at war with each other (or something along the line) and now they find themselfs runing from the common enemy. Like runners in pegasus. And this aliens posess unatural powers, sort of like priors or yet better mutants from X3: The last stand (powers like blowing fire or being very freaking fast and stuf). They find the gate and have no idea whatsoever about what it is and try to dial randomly and that's how they learn about the gate.

Also if the series is successful it could crossover with atlantis or SG-1.

Hope no one thought of that by now. I admint I didn't read all the posts so don't stone me to death.
                      sounds new to me, i like it, apart from the Xmen3 thing, perhaps if their technology went a very different direction to ours, perhaps they became very introverted, perhaps their solar system was encased in an ancient dyson sphere, built by the ancients for research of a culture stuck in one place. perhaps there is a place on the inside of the sphere with a series of tests which when completed gave them access to the stargate and knowledge about it.
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                        sounds new to me, i like it, apart from the Xmen3 thing, perhaps if their technology went a very different direction to ours, perhaps they became very introverted, perhaps their solar system was encased in an ancient dyson sphere, built by the ancients for research of a culture stuck in one place. perhaps there is a place on the inside of the sphere with a series of tests which when completed gave them access to the stargate and knowledge about it.
                        i mentioned Xman 3 because tech and stuff HAS BEEN DONE OVER AND OVER AGAIN. but main characters have never been alien (ok just teal'c and ronon) nor possessed superpowers. of course they'd have to be introverted because they'd be hunted and couldn't talk over beer. and the race that hunts them could be like the race in Chronicles of Riddick...what were they...?Necroman or something.
                        sigpic

Comment

well we've seen telekinesis in season 6s metamorphosis, and from priors and khalek and stuff, so the people are either hak'tar type or have some level of ascension. and anything beyond those abilities is outside the realms of stargate canon. the bad guys in the chronicles of riddick were cool, and could work quite well in stargate, but they were perhaps, a little bit like the ori in some ways.

the stargate universe is all about technology.
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

well we've seen telekinesis in season 6s metamorphosis, and from priors and khalek and stuff, so the people are either hak'tar type or have some level of ascension. and anything beyond those abilities is outside the realms of stargate canon. the bad guys in the chronicles of riddick were cool, and could work quite well in stargate, but they were perhaps, a little bit like the ori in some ways.

we have seen those things, yes. but we haven't seen people that can move pretty damn fast and can produce steel blades from their fingers nor did we see people that can blow fireballs from their palms. also the moves of bad guys from chronicles of riddick rock, i mean khalek was cool, but those moves owned even him.

says who?
                            sigpic

Comment

we have seen those things, yes. but we haven't seen people that can move pretty damn fast
                              We did - remember the waistbands in season 5 (I think it was 5)?
                              sigpic
                              My fics at my site

Comment

we have seen those things, yes. but we haven't seen people that can move pretty damn fast and can produce steel blades from their fingers nor did we see people that can blow fireballs from their palms. also the moves of bad guys from chronicles of riddick rock, i mean khalek was cool, but those moves owned even him.
                                One of the hallmarks of the show it is that tries to keep a grip on reality. They aren't going to have a show of people running around with different superpowers. They want this to be pretty dang realistic (outside of the whole stargate thing) and believable.
                                "The true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and the desires of his subconscious." - Stargate

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers." - Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                                X